Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

qualitywings sp2 is out.

Overhead is stunning. SP2 looks like a winner so far.

So far the forums are down and the downloads to much stress on the servers lol. but Im sure the guys are trying to fix it.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

So far the forums are down and the downloads to much stress on the servers lol. but Im sure the guys are trying to fix it.
Yep!Same problem here.Getting an SQL Error when trying to enter the Forums. Regards

Intel I7-6700K@4.2GHz,ASUS GTX 1080 Strix,Samsung 4K TV  

Ralf Zimmermann

Guest 413X3

Great news, hopefully some of the cargo liveries like FedEx get the HiDef treatment.

Guest 413X3

Just took her for a spin, vc looks great, sharper textures, although the text on the lcd screens aren't too sharp at all.2 issues so far, longer texture loads, not sure why. Using the LCD cockpit setup, on approach frames dropped by 20 fps!!Cannot change range of ND on lcd cockpit either. The range setting does nothing on the display, it still stays at 10 miles.

Great thanks for letting us know. Hopefully I will be able to fly this thing now. Or I will end up with three 757's in my hangar once level-d releases theirs. Ahh, who am I kidding, I will probably get it anyways. At least I bought the CS on sale.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Just took her for a spin, vc looks great, sharper textures, although the text on the lcd screens aren't too sharp at all.2 issues so far, longer texture loads, not sure why. Using the LCD cockpit setup, on approach frames dropped by 20 fps!!Cannot change range of ND on lcd cockpit either. The range setting does nothing on the display, it still stays at 10 miles.
This is not a bug sir. On the retrofit cockpit in the EFIS control panel you must hit the toggle switch to control the main navi display, other wise it will adjust the range of the map below the EADI.On the standard panel, this is not necessary because the EFIS control panel is only adjusting one display... the HSI.

qwsig_Emil02-1.gif

This is not a bug sir. On the retrofit cockpit in the EFIS control panel you must hit the toggle switch to control the main navi display, other wise it will adjust the range of the map below the EADI.On the standard panel, this is not necessary because the EFIS control panel is only adjusting one display... the HSI.
Not entirely correct Emil IF he is talking about the VC. But the manual has always mentioned the Retro EFIS VC limitation.

Cool788.png
Corey Ford
QualityWings Simulations
Development Team

I dunno. I'm in the VC and can't figure out how to change the range on the HSI. What am I supposed to "toggle?"

Open the 2D EFIS Control Panel. There is a switch which allows you to toggle btwn HSI on PFD and on the ND.
I'm a little confused about the VC night lighting. I have installed SP2 (but not un-installed the QW SP1 bird first, maybe this is the issue?) The data on the web site implies that there is 2 levels of VC lighting, one a flood light, and the other a "text light". When I push the LT OVRD switch I initially get the "text lighting" which is really cool, then I get the flood lighting, I can't seem to get one without the other (and the Panel / Flood light switches don;t seem to work).Maybe I'll try un-installing and re-installing SP2 and see what that does.I agree with the above posters- this VC is really good, there's a really good amount of immersion that I haven't noticed before, and the AP seems to control that plane well in capturing speed, headings and navaids.Thanks, Bruce.