Sign in to follow this  
MorsAbAlto

Dash 8 First Power On

This video is already a few days old, but here it is anyway. Boeing powered up the new 747-8i for the first time.214 km of wires feed power to the aircraft's systems, including the 3000 psi hydraulic sytems and 160 psi pneumatic systems. The video features some interesting views of the inside of the airplane and maybe more important, the flight deck. A beautiful aircraft. Let's hope she'll find more customers in the future.

When I saw Dash 8 I thought it would be about the turboprop, this is much better though.214 km! Thats comparable to

• 2 degrees of Latitude
  • 15 minutes of travel time in the 747
  • 0.7 milliseconds travel time at the speed of light

Thats a lot of wire.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

Congrats to Boeing. While the flight deck looks the same as the -400, apart from the display screens, what are the major differences in the systems?

Erik L.

amazing video,i hope this baby flies,, i dont see firm orders :(
Lufthansa ordered some :smile:and btw: really misguiding thread-title. Thought of Bombardier's bird :(

i hope this baby flies,
Same here. With the A380 looking like another Scarebus Death Trap, maybe more people will think twice about putting in orders for that thing, and will instead give a hard look at the 747-8i when it comes time to replace their older 747s.Plus, I like the bit about the new cabin. Looks very cool.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

Ha, nice to see that the thread title worked :)I have to agree on the looks. The 747 is more graceful than the A380. According to the article that came with the video, Boeing now has 109 orders for the type, 76 freighters and 33 passenger aircraft.

While the flight deck looks the same as the -400, apart from the display screens, what are the major differences in the systems?
Hardly anything - they want common type with the 400. I tried to tell people when we released the -8 model extension that there wasn't really anything all that unrealistic about using the 400 cockpit with it - it's basically the exact same thing. It probably has an updated CDU that's similar to the 777 and then it has the optional EFB screens - that's it, everything else is like the 400.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

With the A380 looking like another Scarebus Death Trap, ....
Where did that come from?Don't recall anyone dying in a A380, did I miss something?

The A380? Isn't that the aircraft with wings that failed to meet expected failure loads?? I recall they did some fancy math and said it will be okay. We'll see in about five years how good that math was.

Dan Downs KCRP

The A380? Isn't that the aircraft with wings that failed to meet expected failure loads?? I recall they did some fancy math and said it will be okay. We'll see in about five years how good that math was.
Not to mention the whole wiring fiasco that delayed it forever and a half.

Kyle Rodgers

Very cool. Thanks. I always marvel at the technology that allows Boeing to build a airplane ont the computer and then fire it up to see if it works!

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest 413X3
Hardly anything - they want common type with the 400. I tried to tell people when we released the -8 model extension that there wasn't really anything all that unrealistic about using the 400 cockpit with it - it's basically the exact same thing. It probably has an updated CDU that's similar to the 777 and then it has the optional EFB screens - that's it, everything else is like the 400.
It does look different in some ways and not having an -800 fde makes your addon unrealistic :)