Sign in to follow this  
HughesMDflyer4

Recent Comments on Flight

You have to be joking mate, a forum should be about open discussion, if I wanted news/updates I would go to Flights homepage. Sounds to me as if you have a hard time accepting other peoples ideas and thoughts, personally I enjoy coming here and reading ALL opinions on Flight. I welcome both negative and positive opinions, because it's real unfiltered stream of thought in the moment that matters not filtered discussion held back by too little information IMO.
I agree !!! Hats off !

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

You have to be joking mate, a forum should be about open discussion, if I wanted news/updates I would go to Flights homepage. Sounds to me as if you have a hard time accepting other peoples ideas and thoughts, personally I enjoy coming here and reading ALL opinions on Flight. I welcome both negative and positive opinions, because it's real unfiltered stream of thought in the moment that matters not filtered discussion held back by too little information IMO.
Well, I'm not. So that comment is not necessary. Not everyone goes to the Flight website often or before Avsim. If they come here and see that there is something new, they can go to the Flight website or just enjoy the news, as not everyone has silverlight.

Brandon Filer

While I am currently keeping my opinions regarding Flight to myself I must say that I do find it somewhat bothersome that you seem to feel that you can tell others what is acceptable to post here. I'm sorry, but fair dialogue should allow for opinions both pro & con.

While I am currently keeping my opinions regarding Flight to myself I must say that I do find it somewhat bothersome that you seem to feel that you can tell others what is acceptable to post here. I'm sorry, but fair dialogue should allow for opinions both pro & con.
I have to admit, I don't disagree entirely with your comment. :(

Brandon Filer

Guest 64kts
i dont see any of these offensive and hateful comments .. off-topic at times .. but none of the other stuff.
Good for you! I don't se many of them either, I just ignore them... But to be completely anal, my original answer was a reply to a post by on of the administrators of these forums, and I quote: "Well, a few of the Aces folks were very involved right here at AVSIM. Phil Taylor comes to mind as someone who was in these forums helping people quite frequently, myself included. Sadly, they weren't treated so great by some folks, and became the subject of some assinine and hateful comments".Maybe things have change since I last frequented these forums three years ago...

Good for you! I don't se many of them either, I just ignore them...  But to be completely anal, my original answer was a reply to a post by on of the administrators of these forums, and I quote:  "Well, a few of the Aces folks were very involved right here at AVSIM. Phil Taylor comes to mind as someone who was in these forums helping people quite frequently, myself included. Sadly, they weren't treated so great by some folks, and became the subject of some assinine and hateful comments".Maybe things have change since I last frequented these forums three years ago...
I see .and understand.  At the moment, people are fairly civil on the forums .. but, it appears that when development folks join the discussion, some people lose that civility!  

I see .and understand. At the moment, people are fairly civil on the forums .. but, it appears that when development folks join the discussion, some people lose that civility!
Unfortunately people tend to engage in shooting the messenger. As if a mere developer has control over what they develop. If they don't follow the bidding of their superiors they end up being ex developers, such as the closure by Microsoft of their ACES Game Studio.Regards, Mike Mann

Guest veeray

I have to admit at this point the only time the developers ever answer anything, is when two other developers have confusion over some topic and they want to set the record straight. You really have to be specific about these things... they aren't going to comment on someone's wishlist.

Flight will be an arcade game playable stretching the arms using the Kinectic controller of the XBox. It should be confirmed by MS within Christmas. Stay tuned Drooling.gifSound effects have to be produced using the mouth, so, please guys, stop referring to Flight as a sim.That's much appreciated

Flight will be an arcade game playable stretching the arms using the Kinectic controller of the XBox. It should be confirmed by MS within Christmas. Stay tuned Drooling.gifSound effects have to be produced using the mouth, so, please guys, stop referring to Flight as a sim.That's much appreciated
Where have you been the past three months, to be saying this?:(

Brandon Filer

So is that not what the guy in the left seat meant when he asked me for full flaps? I wondered why he was getting so upset.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Where have you been the past three months, to be saying this?:(
it was sarcasm, dude!

I, for one, was greatly saddened when Aces closed their doors and ended development on what, for me, was the most amazing legacy of PC flight simulation software available in the world. Yes, there were (are) other products like Fly!, ProPilot, X-Plane, etc., but none of them ever reached the level of flexibility and extensibility as MS Flight Sim for my tastes. When I discovered that MS had resurrected Flight Sim development, I was thrilled! I have no idea what the product will deliver, but am very excited to watch it evolve in the coming year or so. I have no idea whether it will be good or bad, but the fact that MS are at it again is very encouraging, indeed. What little we've seen and read seem to imply it will be very much like we're accustomed to, plus other features and improvements we haven't a clue about. We'll see. I am looking forward to this ride just like I did the rides between FS2004, FS2009 and FSX... but this one is a bit more special since the sim is rising from the ashes, so to speak.Good comments, and bad, are par for the course and we should all rejoice in the freedom to share opinions in a public forum. As long as the discourse remains about the product, anything goes... but personal attacks are definitely hard to read and understand. I hope those type interchanges are few and far between as we embark on this journey together. Blue skies, all!Doug

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.