Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

A little Heads-Up on the NGX...

@PMDGfor the festive season, can you give us a little update, every day until christmas?? As a kind of thank you for your patience kinda thing ;)festive seasons is here

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Since we're all sharing our favorite ATC conversations, here's mine.

A Pan Am 727 flight waiting for start clearance in Munich overheard the following:Lufthansa (in German): "Ground, what is our start clearance time?" Ground (in English): "If you want an answer you must speak in English." Lufthansa (in English): "I am a German, flying a German airplane, in Germany. Why must I speak English?"Unknown voice from another plane (in a beautiful British accent): "Because you lost the bloody war."

The full joke is funnier
I know I couldn't remember the full version.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

Guest dlrk

I don't know if it's allowed to be posted...so if you want to laugh google it.

I like this one. There is a very long line of aircraft waiting to take off from an undisclosed (forgotten) airport. One of the pilots in the line goes "I'm bored." The controller immediatly demanded to know who said that. Do you really think anyone spoke up?
If I remember this one correctly, the reply from the pilot was, "I said I was Bored, not stupid"It this one was quite funny when I first read it.Rick Verhallen

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

If I remember this one correctly, the reply from the pilot was, "I said I was Bored, not stupid"It this one was quite funny when I first read it.Rick Verhallen
Here's a bunch, including that one...http://is-is.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=6788851269&topic=3615

Can't remember exact details and locations but goes something like this:F27 on finals in a strong crosswind bangs down on one main gear then the other several times before settling down and exiting the runway.737 pilot waiting for departure: Oops that was a bit of a Fokker!F27 Pilot: Yes Sir, nearly the end of a beautiful Friendship.Bravo sir :(

Amsterdam Center: Speedbird 9, traffic is a Fokker. 4 miles at 5500. Report in sightSpeedbird 9: I always wanted to say this: I have this little fokker in sight.This one is fun:

And for others who are Dutch, English people can't really understand this one:
Henk de Vries

Henk de Vries

Henk de Vries
I love that. :( Maybe there's another crew wich will do this the day after tomorrow? LOL.gif

Amsterdam Center: Speedbird 9, traffic is a Fokker. 4 miles at 5500. Report in sightSpeedbird 9: I always wanted to say this: I have this little fokker in sight.This one is fun:
Henk de Vries
Dat is wel lachen!Good one... learn Dutch!

Its ducks you need to watch for. :(

And Turtles are equaly hazardous I nearly fell off my chair at 1.28 when the controller said "did you see any turtle traffic!!!!!! lolol my sides hurt from laughing.http://www.youtube.c...feature=relatedAndrew Simmons :(

My favorite, although a little hard on the germans Shame%20On%20You.gif

The German air controllers at Frankfurt Airport are renowned as a short-tempered lot. They not only expect one to know one's gate parking location, but how to get there without any assistance from them. So it was with some amusement that we (a Pan Am 747) listened to the following exchange between Frankfurt ground control and a British Airways 747, call sign: Speedbird 206.Speedbird 206: "Frankfurt, Speedbird 206! Clear of active runway."Ground: "Speedbird 206. Taxi to gate Alpha One-Seven."The BA 747 pulled onto the main taxiway and slowed to a stop.Ground: "Speedbird, do you not know where you are going?"Speedbird 206: "Stand by, Ground, I'm looking up our gate location now."Ground (with quite arrogant impatience):"Speedbird 206, have you not been to Frankfurt before?"Speedbird 206 (coolly): "Yes, twice in 1944, but it was dark, --And I didn't land."