Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

A little Heads-Up on the NGX...

This topic is terrible... First of all, I'm getting sick of PMDG's attitude problem... I'm seriously in doubt if I will buy this thing or not. I am (or was?) a potential customer, but PMDG-people put me off....Second, I'm getting sick about the release date complaining... Buy something else if it takes to long, then you can allways buy this thing if you like. It's just a damn FSX-plane...Dion Mollert

Please don't tell us what "takes five minutes" to do. I actually put hours into crafting the "Then and now" post a while back. We've already shown everything there is to show right now - what are more pictures of the same things going to do for you? We will post a new update when we have something to show.If I get my way there were be absolutely no news or previews about the 777 during development - I'm sick of this.
Very unprofessional way to deal with your customers!

Jose De Campos

London

Well Vin and Ryan you certainly stirred up a s**t-storm with your posts. All of us whether new customers or old have "patiently" waited for a product that was reported to be ready months ago. That being said most of us realize that as you got farther and farther into the development, I believe, the complexity also grew, extending the so-called release date. The growing frustration the exists on both sides has to settle down and I think posts that point fingers from customers and developers is not going to hasten the delivery of what surely is going to be a ground breaking product for this industry. Thank you for your time. I'll be the area.

Richard Spencer

Churchill

PVT SEL

GYSGT

USMC (ret)

Hi @Ryan what B737NG variants are included the NGX? On the PMDG web page i can see a B737-900er . thanks!best regards
I believe the only thing they've for certain is the -600,-700,-800, and -900, and the BBJ's. I don't remember them saying anything about the 900er, but I might have missed it.

I believe the only thing they've for certain is the -600,-700,-800, and -900, and the BBJ's. I don't remember them saying anything about the 900er, but I might have missed it.
BBJ are included? :( yes best regards
The BBJ is not certain. Ryan left clear that the BBJ was a PROBABILITY. The chances are for it, but there's no guarantee. PMDG is 'planning' (not developing) the BBJ as an expansion pack for NGX.

Matheus Mafra

This forum must be full of little children who don't know how to wait! Stop hounding PMDG! It's ready when it's ready! Sometime I think PMDG should take the Level-d approch! Dont share any information until the aircraft is released!

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

The BBJ is not guaranted. Ryan left clear that the BBJ was a PROBABILITY. The chances are for it, but there's no guarantee.
I took that post as commenting about what they would model on the BBJ, not whether they'll be releasing it or not. Guess it just depends on how you read his posts.

This forum must be full of little children who don't know how to wait! Stop hounding PMDG! It's ready when it's ready! Sometime I think PMDG should take the Level-d approch! Dont share any information until the aircraft is released!
I think there's no way out. If they keep the forum, people will remain complaining, if they adopt the silence law, people will complain either. Unfortunatelly, both methods are problematic, but in different ways, and people will remain complaining, but for different reasons.He%20He.gif
I took that post as commenting about what they would model on the BBJ, not whether they'll be releasing it or not. Guess it just depends on how you read his posts.
Maybe. I interpreted this like: it WILL be released.

Matheus Mafra

Probably the best way to go about I think. But don't think that will avoid ALL this. Ask your friends at LDS. They dont share anything about their 757 development and there is still questions asked about it.And also don't start tee-ing off on your potential customers here. You dont get it both ways. You release those screenshots in the manner you did to play the crowd and build up the hype, and now that it is biting you in the rear end, dont go and turn on the crowd you so well incited the past several months. Advice to to both yourself and Capt R, saying nothing is far better than more dumb sarcastic posts from PMDG employees. I still dont like the fact that Capt Rs release date sticky post has yet to be removed.
I was hoping something like this from a senior member, yes we all desperataly want a product, but somehow it is acceptable for FS addons to be about the product only? Its about the relationship with customers, it seems to me like the passion from the staff for the product has been dampened by the frustration of the product taking so long?We have reached a point where both staff and members are getting really frustrated with each other,, its not a positive place to be. Also i think in this age of freedom of speech, it is important to say your mind, whats the harm really guys? this is a forum, both postive and negatives are going to come out of it..I don't agree with shutting previews off, it keeps the communities exciting AND TALKING POSITIVELY,, if you shut previews down, i think you would get massive negativity.. The majority of people here are passed the stage of going "can you give us a release date" we just want YOU to keep the community updated.. We are just as passionate about flight simulation as you guys are, we just don't poccess the programing and real world experience that you guys to, I feel strongly about what i have said, i hope we can return to being a positive community

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Please don't tell us what "takes five minutes" to do. I actually put hours into crafting the "Then and now" post a while back. We've already shown everything there is to show right now - what are more pictures of the same things going to do for you? We will post a new update when we have something to show.If I get my way there were be absolutely no news or previews about the 777 during development - I'm sick of this.
Dear Ryan,Please keep in mind that there are also people that have patience for the release and also have respect for the great work what the developers, including you, actually are doing. Here my big respect to you for your great work and updates. I'm happy that PMDG exist. Without PMDG we should pay 150 euros to try a real B737 simulator for just 1 houre, if lucky 1.5 houre.. Now with PMDG, we pay onces 60, 70 euro's and we enjoy it like the real-deal for unlimited houres.PMDG brought me alot closer to the "real-deal" and PMDG brought me to a higher level of experience and knowledge.Regards,Steven

Guest meshweaver

I thought I would stick my own thoughts on some points brought up within the last page or two of this thread.We all understand that time is needed to create the add-ons that we have come to expect from PMDG. I am as eager as anyone to "fly" the 737NGX, as anyone else on this forum. PMDG can take all the time they need, I can wait."Coming Soon" means different things to different people.I am surprised by Ryan's post, I am not quite sure what tone it was meant. It sounds like you are aggravated by peoples (constant) desire to find out more about the product. Are you surprised?I think we can all agree that the marketing of the 737NGX was started too early. If PMDG could just come out with a small update, along the lines of "The 737NGX is taking more time than we thought. The project is moving forward as fast as we can, we are all pushing for the beta version". It would just take the edge off this thread/forum and everyone would know where they stood.I hope lessons will be learned for the B777; start the marketing when the product gets into beta.We can all excercise a bit more patience. Regards,M Murray

Here is what I think. What everybody want at this moment are just news. I don't wanna know about release dates. I've read many and many times their position in this regard. All I and many other people want are news of how is the development going. I understand PMDG's point of view. Developing a software like this is not an easy task at all. It takes time and effort. But they could just say how is it doing. They could post a picture once in a while, maybe one per week, or maybe at each 15 days... a video per month or so. It's been weeks that we haven't recieved any significant update. I don't want the developers to waste all their precious time in the forum insted of focusing in the development, but some times when Ryan or Vin enter the forum, they could post some news. Not every single day, but from time to time to say how the development is happening, what are they working at the moment, things like this. I don't care about release dates. I know it will be ready when it's ready, and whenever it happens, I'll buy the NGX, either next week or in 2017. All that I and many other people here would like to see are just and only news. Nothing else. Doesn't matter how fast or slow the development is happening, I and many other serious people in this forum won't judge anybody.PS.: Yes, I read what Vin said yesterday. I'm not complaining, just saying how I feel.
I was hoping something like this from a senior member, yes we all desperataly want a product, but somehow it is acceptable for FS addons to be about the product only? Its about the relationship with customers, it seems to me like the passion from the staff for the product has been dampened by the frustration of the product taking so long?We have reached a point where both staff and members are getting really frustrated with each other,, its not a positive place to be. Also i think in this age of freedom of speech, it is important to say your mind, whats the harm really guys? this is a forum, both postive and negatives are going to come out of it..I don't agree with shutting previews off, it keeps the communities exciting AND TALKING POSITIVELY,, if you shut previews down, i think you would get massive negativity.. The majority of people here are passed the stage of going "can you give us a release date" we just want YOU to keep the community updated.. We are just as passionate about flight simulation as you guys are, we just don't poccess the programing and real world experience that you guys to, I feel strongly about what i have said, i hope we can return to being a positive community
Dear Ryan,Please keep in mind that there are also people that have patience for the release and also have respect for the great work what the developers, including you, actually are doing. Here my big respect to you for your great work and updates. I'm happy that PMDG exist. Without PMDG we should pay 150 euros to try a real B737 simulator for just 1 houre, if lucky 1.5 houre.. Now with PMDG, we pay onces 60, 70 euro's and we enjoy it like the real-deal for unlimited houres.PMDG brought me alot closer to the "real-deal" and PMDG brought me to a higher level of experience and knowledge.Regards,Steven
I thought I would stick my own thoughts on some points brought up within the last page or two of this thread.We all understand that time is needed to create the add-ons that we have come to expect from PMDG. I am as eager as anyone to "fly" the 737NGX, as anyone else on this forum. PMDG can take all the time they need, I can wait."Coming Soon" means different things to different people.I am surprised by Ryan's post, I am not quite sure what tone it was meant. It sounds like you are aggravated by peoples (constant) desire to find out more about the product. Are you surprised?I think we can all agree that the marketing of the 737NGX was started too early. If PMDG could just come out with a small update, along the lines of "The 737NGX is taking more time than we thought. The project is moving forward as fast as we can, we are all pushing for the beta version". It would just take the edge off this thread/forum and everyone would know where they stood.I hope lessons will be learned for the B777; start the marketing when the product gets into beta.We can all excercise a bit more patience. Regards,M Murray
Well, words speak for themselves. I guess this 4 posts say everything people wanted to say all this time.I'm out of debates regarding updates as well as I did regarding release dates (seems that people finally are over this!) and I advice other people to do the same. This will only bring up more problems and the discussions will likely lead to points we don't want to get to. Edited by barfra1995

Matheus Mafra

lol well there's your update...-Travis

Probably the best way to go about I think. But don't think that will avoid ALL this. Ask your friends at LDS. They dont share anything about their 757 development and there is still questions asked about it.And also don't start tee-ing off on your potential customers here. You dont get it both ways. You release those screenshots in the manner you did to play the crowd and build up the hype, and now that it is biting you in the rear end, dont go and turn on the crowd you so well incited the past several months. Advice to to both yourself and Capt R, saying nothing is far better than more dumb sarcastic posts from PMDG employees. I still dont like the fact that Capt Rs release date sticky post has yet to be removed.
Agreed. You can't use these forums for marketing purposes and then lash out at the forum users if the reaction is not what you expected.
Maybe. I interpreted this like: it WILL be released.
About the BBJ, the impression I got was that they are keeping it in mind as a possibility and that if it happens it will be post-release as an addon. I think it is probable but not certain.
The majority of people here are passed the stage of going "can you give us a release date" we just want YOU to keep the community updated.. We are just as passionate about flight simulation as you guys are, we just don't poccess the programing and real world experience that you guys to, I feel strongly about what i have said, i hope we can return to being a positive community
Bingo! As I said before, "it will be done when its done" is a good thing for the gaming industry in general. Too many promising products (e.g. KotOR II) have been destroyed by rushed releases. This is about getting some information. It doesn't have to be much, just a little something to spark a conversation (and help steer this topic away from the complaints into something constructive).