Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

A little Heads-Up on the NGX...

But there is some of the going on at the big carriers too...
USAF taught me the value of learning from others 'experiences' (experience is what you get when something happens that you didn't want). NASA has an excellent newsletter call CALLBACK that prints the reports from the aviation field. Recommended reading: http://asrs.arc.nasa.gov/

Dan Downs KCRP

USAF taught me the value of learning from others 'experiences' (experience is what you get when something happens that you didn't want). NASA has an excellent newsletter call CALLBACK that prints the reports from the aviation field. Recommended reading: http://asrs.arc.nasa.gov/
That is a great link. Thanks for that.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

Nick-You know... I had completely forgotten about that event... You just reminded me why I hate the telephone as much as I do... During my stint as a Chief, the CPOD duty day was averaging 4 phone calls / hour for a 24hour period. I wasn't the one who took that call about "our stupid pilots" but I do have a vague recollection about being in the room when the large ball of "stuff" rolling down hill finally hit our level...That was one of those times when you can't even come up with an excuse that sounds plausible to a reasonable person.Shane-Man, I hear you on the industry low-time stuff- but in all fairness I spent a career at two airlines and I do some consulting work to a handful of carriers currently. Buffoonery is not limited to small airplanes, low time pilots or regional airlines... The buffoonery is spread far and wide... In my career I've seen B727s stood on their tail... 727s clip terminal buildings losing 7+ feet of wingtip yet continue the taxi for takeoff... 747s slide off taxiways in snowstorms because the pilots tried to "help the ground crews" by leaving the reversers out to blow the snow from the highspeed turnoff... 777s need a full replacement of tires because neither crew member could read the "757 and smaller only" notes on their airport diagrams... a 744 nearly dropped into a neighborhood because the pilot flying forgot to use the rudder during an engine out event on takeoff... 737s with mysterious amounts of blue lav fluid on the ceiling after a repositioning flight with no reasonable explanation available from the pilots... 744s full of passengers return to gate after the crew misread the deice charts... crews miss completely that major damage had occurred to their airplane that was mysteriously missed on the walk-around, 727s with the nose gear retracted because someone thought it would be fun to pull the gear up handle while on the gate... Tires on CRJs flat-spotted because the crew wanted to do a max breaking test on a repo flight... 757s, 777s, CRJs, J41s and J32s landed at the wrong airport... Crews of J32s, J41s, Do328s, CRJs, 727, 737, 757 and 777 types boarding and departing with an airplane that wasn't assigned to their dispatch release... crews putting the airplane at risk by shutting down an engine when they shouldn't- and then other crews inexplicably failing to shut down an engine when the procedure clearly requires it...wow... and these are just the pilot related buffoonery events that come to mind in 90 seconds of thinking... I haven't even gotten to the ground crew circus yet. :( (And for the record: None of the above are mine. I have my own list of buffoonery events that I can sometimes be coaxed into sharing...)With all of that being said- as "insiders" I think you and I probably zero in on the fact that we need more rigid training standardization at the US regionals. My old line was well known for exceptionally good training, but some of the regionals I have interacted with don't even rate as marginally shoddy on their training. At-home study, incomplete procedures training, poor cockpit standardization and absolutely no safety reporting protocol. Needless to say I make a habit of avoiding the regionals that operate "on the cheap" because it is only a matter of time until they kill someone.But there is some of the going on at the big carriers too...Glad to see you around the forum- it's nice having fellow professionals to help us keep things in perspective!
decided to catch up on the forum before flying off on holiday to cyprus tomorrow this is one post i wish i hadnt read.[nervous flyer] :(

thank you,Jim

Asus Prime Z270-P| I7700k@4.6| 16gDDR4 3000 VengLpx|

Corsair H115aio Cooler| Evga GeForce 1080gpu|Corsair Rm750

decided to catch up on the forum before flying off on holiday to cyprus tomorrow this is one post i wish i hadnt read.[nervous flyer] :(
try and think of all the planes that land every single second, its almost impossible to contemplate,enjoy your holiday man

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

try and think of all the planes that land every single second, its almost impossible to contemplate,enjoy your holiday man
it will be nice to get away from the snow, thanks

thank you,Jim

Asus Prime Z270-P| I7700k@4.6| 16gDDR4 3000 VengLpx|

Corsair H115aio Cooler| Evga GeForce 1080gpu|Corsair Rm750

With all the features being shown here, I almost want to see the list of things not being simulated. I can only imagine that that list is much smaller :(

Neat! You guys have well beyond a surprise for me, in fact its so good I won't have to use the old PMDG 737NG product that I've once tried to used and failed. I always knew I could count on you, promises or no promises. Keep up the good work! :Party:Dave.

Server going down in the next few days to do some software updates for the NGX. This could be it boys & girls :(

Server going down in the next few days to do some software updates for the NGX. This could be it boys & girls :(
I really doubt it; the NGX hasn't even gone beta.

Guest Cag40Navy
I really doubt it; the NGX hasn't even gone beta.
Bingo!

Guest Cag40Navy
I just had to...
Very funny!

Well, considering there's only been 2 air carrier RJ crashes in the US in the 18 years since their introduction, I'd say there's not much to fear.I could easily cite similar gross buffoonery at the airline (or in the airframe) of your choice.I'm not saying your point in completely invalid - I was in the jumpseat when a new-hire CRJ FO very nearly drove the nose gear through the fuselage while landing (sans flare) in Memphis - but lapses of judgement happen at all levels of the spectrum.
Shane-Man, I hear you on the industry low-time stuff- but in all fairness I spent a career at two airlines and I do some consulting work to a handful of carriers currently. Buffoonery is not limited to small airplanes, low time pilots or regional airlines... The buffoonery is spread far and wide... wow... and these are just the pilot related buffoonery events that come to mind in 90 seconds of thinking... I haven't even gotten to the ground crew circus yet. Big Grin.gif (And for the record: None of the above are mine. I have my own list of buffoonery events that I can sometimes be coaxed into sharing...)With all of that being said- as "insiders" I think you and I probably zero in on the fact that we need more rigid training standardization at the US regionals. My old line was well known for exceptionally good training, but some of the regionals I have interacted with don't even rate as marginally shoddy on their training. At-home study, incomplete procedures training, poor cockpit standardization and absolutely no safety reporting protocol. Needless to say I make a habit of avoiding the regionals that operate "on the cheap" because it is only a matter of time until they kill someone.But there is some of the going on at the big carriers too...Glad to see you around the forum- it's nice having fellow professionals to help us keep things in perspective!
I think I may have slammed the RJ's unfairly, as both of you are totally correct. I've got a broad range of experience with different carriers and aircraft. Lapses of judgment happen everywhere even with the "safest" of airlines and most experienced crew onboard. Now defunct carrier landed in heavy snow at night with the right half of the aircraft off the runway because they thought the wind blowing right to left was covering the right side runway lights, and thought the runway had centerline lighting, which it did not. That was done with a Chief pilot in one seat. Now while some of these stories that us insiders seem to have lots of can be a bit of a shocker to others. I am reminded of an old poster we used to have near the exit to the parking lot, it defiantly puts the level of safety in our industry, compared to other industries in perspective. It read something like this... "You're now leaving the safety of aviation, please drive safe"

You sirs (PDMG), have both made my Christmas and are causing funds that would be earmarked to provide a nutritionally balanced diet for for my 4 yr old (don't tell the NSPCC) to be diverted to the account named 'Daddies Toyage'. I hope my records of financial malfeasance do not show up in some later Wikileaks release to the world.Just to give you some idea at the financial cost that my family is about to bare :)....Microsoft FSX £20New PC £1500, yeah it could be cheaper but im a bloke, we don't settle for good enough.Then there's the Yoke and other paraphernaliaThen theres then nice motorised throttle quadrant and the awesome flyengravity EFIS/MCP Pro, and the FCU (Come to Daddy)And all that just to bring some justice to the 737NGX, oh and not forgetting the Manuals.Any chance you could arrange a bailout from the EU, Irish style?PS My first Officer (shes 4yrs old), is patiently waiting for me to crash the new NGX on chrimbo day. You wouldn't disappoint a baby girl would you?AND ALL THIS BECAUSE I HAPPEND ACROSS YOU SITE.......aaaaaarrrrgggggggggghappy xmas