Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

A little Heads-Up on the NGX...

You sirs (PDMG), have both made my Christmas and are causing funds that would be earmarked to provide a nutritionally balanced diet for for my 4 yr old (don't tell the NSPCC) to be diverted to the account named 'Daddies Toyage'. I hope my records of financial malfeasance do not show up in some later Wikileaks release to the world.Just to give you some idea at the financial cost that my family is about to bare :)....Microsoft FSX £20New PC £1500, yeah it could be cheaper but im a bloke, we don't settle for good enough.Then there's the Yoke and other paraphernaliaThen theres then nice motorised throttle quadrant and the awesome flyengravity EFIS/MCP Pro, and the FCU (Come to Daddy)And all that just to bring some justice to the 737NGX, oh and not forgetting the Manuals.Any chance you could arrange a bailout from the EU, Irish style?PS My first Officer (shes 4yrs old), is patiently waiting for me to crash the new NGX on chrimbo day. You wouldn't disappoint a baby girl would you?AND ALL THIS BECAUSE I HAPPEND ACROSS YOU SITE.......aaaaaarrrrgggggggggghappy xmas
I had this a few years ago...

Hi !The 737NGX looks more brilliant every day that goes by. Congrats to the team.Small question : will the windsheald crack if I accidentaly (or not so accidentaly) turn off the W/SHIELD heaters ? If it doesn't, will it have any effect ? I know it's a pain to answer all the "will it" and etc. questions but if you happen to lay your eyes on my post and are in a good mood, feel free to answer lol. Otherwise, go back to work !!!

I can imagine it now"Mayday Mayday Mayday" Speedbird 11 we have been turned into a woodpigeon!.Tower "Speedbird 11 say again?Speedbird 11 "We have been turned into a Woodpigeon!.Tower "are you reporting a birdstrike?Speedbird 11 "Negative we are the bird. Request vectors to the nearest nest!. Andrew Simmons
hahahaha, good one! Big%20Grin.gifUnknown Aircraft: "Hello?.." Easterwood Tower (me): "Please say again."UA: "What?"ET: "Who is this?" UA: "This is Joe" ET: "This is Easterwood Tower, where are you?"UA: "I'm in the plane!" (I looked down the flight line, checking if someone was sitting in a parked plane playing with the radio. I didn't see anything, and the senior controller was becoming more interested in my handling of the situation.)ET: "Joe, where is the pilot?" UA: "He got out when the engine quit.."(I could only imagine a bizarre scenario in which the pilot had jumped from the plane.)ET: "Joe, what does your airspeed indicator read?"UA: (Long pause) "Zero?"(So the plane was now in a stall I thought.)ET: "Joe, whatever you have in front of you - a stick or a steering wheel - push it forward - you need to get airspeed over your wings!" UA: "Are you sure?"ET: "Yes Joe you need to push it forward... (pause)... What does your airspeed indicator read now?"UA: "It's still zero."(I thought, oh my god, Joe's plane was in a falling leaf spin. I couldn't help him. Joe was going to die. I did not know what to do. I looked to the senior controller. He said, "Ask him where his plane is.")ET: "Joe, where is your plane?" UA: "We are parked down at the end of the runway, the pilot got out when the engine quit and walked back to the hanger.." ET: "Joe, get off the radio." And...A military pilot called for a priority landing because his single-engine jet fighter was running "a bit peaked." Air Traffic Control told the fighter pilot that he was number two, behind a B-52 that had one engine shut down. "Ah," the fighter pilot remarked, "The dreaded seven-engine approach." -----I just love those funny ATC conversations...Cheers

My favourite (I actually heard this one myself incidentally, so I know it is true):Manchester EGCC approach controller: Speedbird 543, how close was the Cessna?Speedbird 543: Well, if he was any closer, we could have added him to the passenger list.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I've heard one for a couple of weeks ago.Scanwing 144 on stand 45 request IFR clearence towards Bromma would like a "DETN2B" departure and FL180 if possible? (very tired pilot)Sturup tower ehhhhh........what, where, uhhm please say again Scanwing something. (fresh from ATC school)Scanwing 144!!!!...............hmmm i have no idea what I said, do you?Friday afternoon you just wanna go home.regardsMikael Johansson

hahahaha, good one! Big%20Grin.gifUnknown Aircraft: "Hello?.." Easterwood Tower (me): "Please say again."UA: "What?"ET: "Who is this?" UA: "This is Joe" ET: "This is Easterwood Tower, where are you?"UA: "I'm in the plane!" (I looked down the flight line, checking if someone was sitting in a parked plane playing with the radio. I didn't see anything, and the senior controller was becoming more interested in my handling of the situation.)ET: "Joe, where is the pilot?" UA: "He got out when the engine quit.."(I could only imagine a bizarre scenario in which the pilot had jumped from the plane.)ET: "Joe, what does your airspeed indicator read?"UA: (Long pause) "Zero?"(So the plane was now in a stall I thought.)ET: "Joe, whatever you have in front of you - a stick or a steering wheel - push it forward - you need to get airspeed over your wings!" UA: "Are you sure?"ET: "Yes Joe you need to push it forward... (pause)... What does your airspeed indicator read now?"UA: "It's still zero."(I thought, oh my god, Joe's plane was in a falling leaf spin. I couldn't help him. Joe was going to die. I did not know what to do. I looked to the senior controller. He said, "Ask him where his plane is.")ET: "Joe, where is your plane?" UA: "We are parked down at the end of the runway, the pilot got out when the engine quit and walked back to the hanger.." ET: "Joe, get off the radio." And...A military pilot called for a priority landing because his single-engine jet fighter was running "a bit peaked." Air Traffic Control told the fighter pilot that he was number two, behind a B-52 that had one engine shut down. "Ah," the fighter pilot remarked, "The dreaded seven-engine approach." -----I just love those funny ATC conversations...Cheers
ROFLMFAO!!! :(

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

This is looking amazing PMDG, any chance of another update + eye candy before long?? I have an itchy finger and a credit card longing to buy this :DRegards,Andy

A military pilot called for a priority landing because his single-engine jet fighter was running "a bit peaked." Air Traffic Control told the fighter pilot that he was number two, behind a B-52 that had one engine shut down. "Ah," the fighter pilot remarked, "The dreaded seven-engine approach." -----I just love those funny ATC conversations...Cheers
:( :( :( B) I laughed to tears with that one!!

One of my favourites is where an a/c takes a wrong turn during taxi and the female ground controller gets very upset and in not so friendly words explains what a mess that wrong turn has resulted in for her planning. The pilot excuses himself and afterwards the frequency gets very silent until a brave I belive it was a British Airways pilot finally breaks the silence with "Wasn't I married to you once?"I think that one is really great LOL.gif

Richard Åsberg

One of my favourites is where an a/c takes a wrong turn during taxi and the female ground controller gets very upset and in not so friendly words explains what a mess that wrong turn has resulted in for her planning. The pilot excuses himself and afterwards the frequency gets very silent until a brave I belive it was a British Airways pilot finally breaks the silence with "Wasn't I married to you once?"I think that one is really great LOL.gif
:(

I like this one. There is a very long line of aircraft waiting to take off from an undisclosed (forgotten) airport. One of the pilots in the line goes "I'm bored." The controller immediatly demanded to know who said that. Do you really think anyone spoke up?

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

A pilot looking for some smooth air continually asked the controller for altitude adjustments, finally the exasperated controller asked "altitude approved do you think this will be your final altitude?" "Depends if my turbulence indicator is silent." Turbulence indicator? I didn't know there was such a thing." replied the controller. The pilot replied, " I married one."

Richard Spencer

Churchill

PVT SEL

GYSGT

USMC (ret)

Guest dlrk
I like this one. There is a very long line of aircraft waiting to take off from an undisclosed (forgotten) airport. One of the pilots in the line goes "I'm bored." The controller immediatly demanded to know who said that. Do you really think anyone spoke up?
The full joke is funnier