Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

A little Heads-Up on the NGX...

Ryan president !
lol, please haha... Alex, Vin and Jason are the people most responsible for making this HUD work. I just provide moral support ;)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I just provide moral support ;)
Which is the root of all successes ;)

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Now that's what I'm talking about... :( Great stuff.Couple Qs that came up:

1. Only once have I flown HUD approaches in a sim, and that was no Boeing aircraft, so it might not apply here but I thought it was worth to ask. I still remember the HUD image would be chopped off at the borders very quickly whenever you moved your head away some (rather small) distance, way before the actual border of the combiner glass came into view (kinda hard to explain...). I guess I've seen this behavior also on some of these super-realistic F-16/F-18/whatever add-on videos on Youtube (I might be mistaken though). In your video it appears the border of the combiner glass is the only limit for the HUGS picture. Is the Boeing HUGS really so much cooler? Big%20Grin.gif You seem to have way more freedom of head movement without losing the picture. I love it!
  2. As I see you have a pretty custom looking font on the EFIS (nice!), will the HUGS get a custom font too? Comparing to a few a.net pics, the Glass Gauge font type doens't quite render a few characters like the real thing, like '1' and '0'. Again, just details here.
  3. Will the combiner glass get some animation? When you clicked it in the video it just popped away and was gone instantly.

Thanks for the update and keep up the good work (and the updates... haha).sig.gifPS: To all the potential TrackIR customers, only recently there has been a thread somewhere on Avsim forums introducing this new tool called... FacetrackNoIR I believe...? I got it (and won't get TrackIR btw), it uses a webcam and doesn't need any of this awful headgear stuff. I don't want to say which one is better (this tool is free after all) but it might be worth a shot. Just FYI.

Now that's what I'm talking about... :( Great stuff.Couple Qs that came up:
  1. Only once have I flown HUD approaches in a sim, and that was no Boeing aircraft, so it might not apply here but I thought it was worth to ask. I still remember the HUD image would be chopped off at the borders very quickly whenever you moved your head away some (rather small) distance, way before the actual border of the combiner glass came into view (kinda hard to explain...). I guess I've seen this behavior also on some of these super-realistic F-16/F-18/whatever add-on videos on Youtube (I might be mistaken though). In your video it appears the border of the combiner glass is the only limit for the HUGS picture. Is the Boeing HUGS really so much cooler? Big%20Grin.gif You seem to have way more freedom of head movement without losing the picture. I love it!
  2. As I see you have a pretty custom looking font on the EFIS (nice!), will the HUGS get a custom font too? Comparing to a few a.net pics, the Glass Gauge font type doens't quite render a few characters like the real thing, like '1' and '0'. Again, just details here.
  3. Will the combiner glass get some animation? When you clicked it in the video it just popped away and was gone instantly.

Thanks for the update and keep up the good work (and the updates... haha).sig.gif

1. There's may be some minor limitations here, I'm not entirely sure - we'll have to have a tech team pilot check on the real thing. We believe this is probably as close as it's possible to get within the confines of what the FSX engine allows though. It's already a very involved method to get it this close...2. I'll mention it to Alex - the HUD does have a custom font already, that's not a default.3. Yeah I'm sure it will animate fully at release, this is still an alpha version in development...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

1. There's may be some minor limitations here, I'm not entirely sure - we'll have to have a tech team pilot check on the real thing. We believe this is probably as close as it's possible to get within the confines of what the FSX engine allows though. It's already a very involved method to get it this close...2. I'll mention it to Alex - the HUD does have a custom font already, that's not a default.3. Yeah I'm sure it will animate fully at release, this is still an alpha version in development...
  1. I might indeed be mistaken, as I just checked dozens of Youtube videos and neither the Aerosoft nor the VRS seem to have it, musta been something else. Nevertheless I've found a video of
    (A320 though) which shows the effect I tried to describe quite nicely. As I also said, it doesn't even have to apply to the NG since I haven't seen her very own HUGS in action. And yes, I am sure you put a whole lot of work into this as it is now, and it's truely amazing.
  2. Roger, well as I double checked against the standard Glass Gauge font I was just convinced it was that one, but I am glad I am wrong. :(
  3. That's what I hoped to hear. Thanks a ton. :(

sig.gif

great update, thanks guys! :),looking to the video, it is amazing that the writing appears and dissappears when you move left and right, this last couple of years have vin and robert been reading some programming bibles or something? Your other products were top class- but this looks,, beyond that!I was cheekily expecting sound etc in the video to see what it "feels" like to sit in the cockpit ;), guess ill have to wait for that :(

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Well, I must say this is coming along greatly. Good work to all involved! HUD and all!Quick question, I noticed the glaresheild is now black instead of silver in the last set of images. Looks ALOT better now in black in my opinion. Has this been changed, or can we choose? I must say the newer black, less silver images I'm a liking!! I must admit I was a little unsure at first of the look at first, but things are looking good now with the darker set, is that staying in release version?Cheers guys.

Simon

Amazing, looks fantastic.If I ever move to FSX and the VC, this will be the first product I purchase. I'm sure this product will be a great success and wish you the very best for it.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Thanks for the update - it looks stunning! :( I was wondering if one of you would be able to give me some idea of the framerates you are seeing at this stage of development on your systems? I know it may not have much relation to the framerates on the finished product, but if you could give us a rough figure at the current moment in time that would be great.And yes I have read that it runs much smoother than the 747X etc, but what I am asking is how much smoother?Thanks,

Whoaaw! Fantastic! @Northcentral100; isn't that the lighting?

Well, I must say this is coming along greatly. Good work to all involved! HUD and all!Quick question, I noticed the glaresheild is now black instead of silver in the last set of images. Looks ALOT better now in black in my opinion. Has this been changed, or can we choose? I must say the newer black, less silver images I'm a liking!! I must admit I was a little unsure at first of the look at first, but things are looking good now with the darker set, is that staying in release version?Cheers guys.
I think the darkness in the image could just be the lighting in fsx, but I agree with you that the glareshield looks better in black than the torn silver :D But hopefully we can choose :D The HUGS and the VC just is incredeable. Nothing has never been this close to the real thing before !!I Still think that the best vc out there is the j41, but that is just til the NGX is released!No one is near PMDG at the moment in makin an Addon A/C as PMDG does. Keep up the good work guys And RSR, thanks for the nice update !!

Think the lighting has some effect, but the new images have a black 'glaresheild' top and the previous images had a silver one? Black looks 100% better! Hope we get the black or a choice:)):(

Simon

Nice to be back on the forums. Looks like the project is advancing quite nicely. I can't wait till I get to take her out for a spin!

Thanks for the update Robert. New Mobo and i7 950 installed and ready to fly this bird!

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."