Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Automated Tweaking and Tuning tool for FSX

Thanks for the confirmation!Sadly it is part of a Dell XPS system which renders it impossible to overclock and I'm not going in there with pliers and soldering iron as various tutorials on the web suggest I should!!I think it's time to retire it and fund either an i5 or i7 system with up to date gfx card and a few new bells and whistles.:(
Dave - keep the case, mouse, KB and drives. Buy the newer board, proc, psu, mem & psu pieces separately and you or a buddy build it yourselves.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hi *******, I've also used your FSX configurator and it looks great! I only stuck with this problem2011-2-5_21-24-6-740-1.jpgMy scenery is loading very slowly and not completely. When I use my back-up fsx.cfg, there is no problem and everything looks great, but no great FPS. I hope you can say what there is wrong with the fsx.cfg. this is my processor: Processor: Intel® Core i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz.My videocard: ATI Radeon HD 5700 SeriesRegards,Steven

Hi Bojote, I just used your tool after reinstalling FSX. All is fine but my (alt)menu is gone. In FSX.cfg it says HideMenuFullscreen=1, however when i put it on =0 it'll go back to =1.Letting FSX rebuild the FSX fixes the problem

Hi ******* (and anyone else benefiting from *******'s work!),Just used your fab tool on a fresh fsx.cfg after getting a new computer and reinstalling FSX. Two things:1. Cloud draw distance.I can now try a higher cloud-draw-distance, so I've now seen the "Your Cloud draw distance is set above 70nm, try using an external weather program to limit visibility and set your cloud draw distance 10nm UNDER this visibility for optimal horizon cloud blend" message. Which weather program would you (or anyone else) recommend, bearing in mind that right now I'm only interested in seeing more distant clouds..?2. Overlay tips (tooltips).Suggest that removing these is made optional rather than automatic, as I've found many aircraft cockpits supply useful (if not vital) information this way.Great tool. Off to donate, as I think I forgot to do so last time.DavidPS Apologies if either of the above already addressed earlier in the thread.

1. Cloud draw distance.2. Overlay tips (tooltips).
Hi David,I use ASE (Active Sky Evolution) for weather. You are not the first suggesting the tooltips change so I'll probably take a look at it.Thanks!

Thanks, ******* -- I'll take a look at ASE (which I've almost done in the past!).David

Hello. Personally, I acknowledge that I have had some performance improvements with ******* Altuve tool and so my gratitude to the for such contributions, although far fromthe performance I expected given the characteristics of my team (i7 970@4.2Ghz,6Gb Ram @ 2000MHz., GTX580, 1200Wtts). I think the way forward is to study thefile of the user of FSX and with your permission I leave the link here (surely you have seen many already) http://www.youtube.c...?v=SjmL_ZrrSwo. The videos ofthis guy is the best I have seen of FSX and with less equipment than others.A greeting and thank ******* for everything you do for the community.

Hey Bojote,I have a questions regarding your tool.You have this nice story about RejectThreshold once you upload your .CFG. You say that faster cards must use rejectthreshold rather than usepools=0.However there is no difference when selecting the weakest card and the strongest card. Both use RejectThreshold=131072 and usepools=0?I wish to unload my CPU and put more load on the GPU since I believe my CPU is bottlenecking. I created a save on a heavy airport with 2 screens and pmdg 747 where I have 8fps. OCing my GPU by 25% won't give me even +1 fps.What rejectthreshold/usepools combo should I use? Thanks

Hey Bojote,I have a questions regarding your tool.You have this nice story about RejectThreshold once you upload your .CFG. You say that faster cards must use rejectthreshold rather than usepools=0.However there is no difference when selecting the weakest card and the strongest card. Both use RejectThreshold=131072 and usepools=0?I wish to unload my CPU and put more load on the GPU since I believe my CPU is bottlenecking. I created a save on a heavy airport with 2 screens and pmdg 747 where I have 8fps. OCing my GPU by 25% won't give me even +1 fps.What rejectthreshold/usepools combo should I use? Thanks
If usepools is set to 0 then RejectThreshold is completely ignored. Try experimenting with usepools=1 and usepools=0 but do NOT modify RejectThreshold.I personally have usepools=0 with very good results.

First of all, thanks a lot for your hard work *******!But I have one problem:The different parts of the airplanes are misplaced. For example:Is there a solution to this?Thanks in advance!

Just released it today: http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.htmlIt's like an fsx.cfg critique tool :) it will analize yours and see whats wrong with it and even apply tweaks (if you need them) it analizes the file you 'send', so this is 100% safe. You could send a 'backup' fsx.cfg or a dummy one just for testing.
Worked for me, *******! Thanks!

First of all, thanks a lot for your hard work *******!But I have one problem:The different parts of the airplanes are misplaced. For example:Is there a solution to this?Thanks in advance!
I'm assuming you're running Windows 7 here, and you need to go here:-C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX and delete the Shaders folder completely. FSX will rebuild this the next time you start the sim.This has happened because you changed the WaterConstants.Xml file: any time you do this the Shaders cache repository needs to be rebuilt. Bojote's latest Shaders v3.0 includes a .vbs file which will do this automatically for you.I think there's a link to the Shader app. as part of his Avsim sig.. :( Hey Jaap! How the heck are you! Nice to see you're still around! :(

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Outstanding tweak app *******.. Thank you for providing it to us!-Damien

Thanks for the advice Paul!But the 'shaders'-folder didn't exist tho, so I installed the Shader3-mod:No changes.I took a look through the FSX.cfg and deleted the new [bufferpools]-section:Works!But as noone else seems to be having such problems, I suppose these problems appear because I'm using theun-recommended ATI Radeon X1300/1550.I'll just stay with the FSX.cfg now (seemingly the [bufferpools]-section doesn't affect ATI-cards too much anyway :()