Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Automated Tweaking and Tuning tool for FSX

Okay I followed the steps to rename the readme file and copied all the files into the root of FSX. Step 3 says to start FPS_Limiter GUI.jar but the only file that is there is FPS_Limiter GUI.RAR which is the zipped file.Anyone help please.ThanksAlan
Can anyone help with this please?ThanksAlan

Guest PFL

I don´t know why this happens to you... Try open the GUI.jar.RAR file and see what happens!

I don´t know why this happens to you... Try open the GUI.jar.RAR file and see what happens!
I found the FPS_Limiter GUI.jar. file but it's a RAR format file. I can open it and inside are all the files that were in the FPS_Limiter GUI.RAR file. Not sure what's going on here.Alan

I found the FPS_Limiter GUI.jar. file but it's a RAR format file. I can open it and inside are all the files that were in the FPS_Limiter GUI.RAR file. Not sure what's going on here.Alan
Make sure you have Java Installed, right click on the GUI file and select to open with Java. Tick the box that says "Always open with" That worked for me.Before I installed Java the GUI file used to open as a RAR archive.....

******* Am new to FSX and just run your tweak tool and have got an increase in FPS of around 30% (I am running a i7 OC to 4.7Ghz with 580GTX card). However I have an issue with the tweak (I am running FSX with the imaginesoft Laguardia airport scenary and My traffic X 5.3) and before I did the tweak the airport (even with traffic set at around 49% in the FSX options) was very busy airport with plenty of take offs and landing and general traffic in the surrounding area. However when i use the new tweaked cfg file although i get the increase in fps and all sliders look like they remain in the same position as before the tweak (traffic at 49%) - and the traffic entry's in the tweaked cfg file seem unchanged from the origianl cfg file - la guardia airport appears almost dead with only a small amount of traffic at the airport and in the surrounding area (noticeably differnt from before i ran the tweak) Anyone know how to resolve this problem and what might be causing it? Gavin

Hi *******,Thank you very much for all your awesome job ! I spend lot of time to optimize my FSX and your posts are very helpful.I use FPS Limiter 0.2 to 30, Nvidia Inspector with Ryan settings ( 8SQ, 16x, etc ) and your .cfg. I don't know if I must use or not BP=0 with my hardware configuration. I already use ASE, REX 2.0+OD, Shadder 3.0, GEX, UTX, and the lovely 737NGX. I have a lot of scenery such as Aerosoft, FSDT, FlyTampa etc.The problem is that I can't have more than 20FPS ... With my hardware, I think I can't expect much than that no ? You will find my hardware on the signature. Here is my .cfg :

[AContain]LabelColor=FFFF0000LabelDelay=1000ShowLabelAirline=0ShowLabelAirlineAndFlightNumber=0ShowLabelAirspeed=0ShowLabelAltitude=0ShowLabelContainerId=0ShowLabelDistance=0ShowLabelFlightPlan=0ShowLabelHeading=0ShowLabelManufacturer=0ShowLabelModel=0ShowLabels=0ShowLabelTailNumber=0ShowUserLabel=0[ATC]AutoOpenAirTrafficWindow=0COMM_MSG_AI_ATC_COLOR=FFFF7840COMM_MSG_ATC_AI_COLOR=FF00FF00COMM_MSG_ATC_USER_COLOR=FFB6FFB6COMM_MSG_NONE_COLOR=FFFFFFFFCOMM_MSG_USER_ATC_COLOR=FFFFD21BPilotVoice=458752ShowATCText=0UsePilotVoice=1[bufferPools]PoolSize=8388608RejectThreshold=131072UsePools=1[CONTROLS]Controls_Current=StandardControls_Default=Standardforce_crash_enabled=0force_gear_bump_enabled=0force_ground_bumps_enabled=0force_master_enabled=0force_master_gain=10000force_stick_force_enabled=0force_stick_shaker_enabled=0KBDAIL=64KBDELEV=64KBDRUD=64[Display]ActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=0,28,140,64ActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255BLOOM_EFFECTS=0ChangeTime=4.000000InfoBrakesEnable=TrueInfoLowerLeftBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128InfoLowerLeftTextColor=255,255,255InfoLowerRightBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128InfoLowerRightTextColor=255,255,255InfoOverspeedEnable=TrueInfoParkingBrakesEnable=TrueInfoPauseEnable=TrueInfoSlewEnable=TrueInfoStallEnable=TrueInfoUpperRightBackGroundColor=0,0,0,0InfoUpperRightTextColor=255,0,0NonActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=24,33,87,64NonActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1TextureMaxLoad=60TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=40TransitionTime=4.000000UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=0WideViewAspect=True[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570.0]Mode=1920x1080x32TriLinear=1[DynamicHeadMovement]HeadMoveTimeConstant=0LonAccelOnHeadLon=0LonAccelOnHeadPitch=0MaxHeadAngle=0MaxHeadOffset=0RollAccelOnHeadLat=0RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0YawAccelOnHeadLat=0[FACILITIES]CITY=COUNTRY=GTL_BUTTON=1276STATE=[GRAPHICS]AC_SELF_SHADOW=1AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=0ALLOW_SHADER_30=1COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1D3D10=0EFFECTS_QUALITY=2ForceFullScreenVSync=0ForceWindowedVSync=0GROUND_SHADOWS=0HIGHMEMFIX=1IMAGE_QUALITY=0LANDING_LIGHTS=1NUM_LIGHTS=8See_Self=1SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693458432SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693458432STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD=1024TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024TEXTURE_QUALITY=3Text_Scroll=1[iNTERNATIONAL]ASLAT=2ASLON=0MEASURE=0[JOBSCHEDULER]AffinityMask=14[Main]DisablePreload=1HideMenuFullscreen=1HideMenuNormal=0Location=440,130,1480,908,\\.\DISPLAY1Maximized=2PerfBucket=7ProcSpeed=17803SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\AirplanesSimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\RotorcraftSimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehiclesSimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\BoatsSimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\AnimalsSimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\MiscSimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\IVAO_MTLUser Objects=Airplane, HelicopterFIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.5[Misc]Com_Rate=7[PANELS]DEFAULT_VIEW=0IMAGE_QUALITY=1PANEL_MASKING=1PANEL_OPACITY=100PANEL_STRETCHING=1QUICKTIPS=1UNITS_OF_MEASURE=0VIRTUAL_COCKPIT_TEXTURES_SCALE=2.0[PointOfInterestSystem]CycleSetting=2[REALISM]AutoCoord=FalseAutoTrim=FalseCrashDetection=FalseCrashTolerance=0.000000CrashWithDyn=FalseGEffect=FalseGeneral=1.000000GyroDrift=TrueGyroEffect=0.490000ManualLights=TruePFactor=0.570000RealMixture=TrueStressDamage=FalseTorque=0.570000TrueAirspeed=FalseUnlimitedFuel=False[sCENERY]DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=5LENSFLARE=0MAX_ASYNC_BATCHING_JOBS=3SmallPartRejectRadius=4.0[sIM]SYSCLOCK=1[slewTextInfo.1]AirSpeed=1,5Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2[slewTextInfo.2]FrameRate=1,1LockedFrameRate=1,2[slewTextInfo.3]AirSpeed=1,5Altitude=1,3FrameRate=2,1Heading=1,4Latitude=1,1LockedFrameRate=2,2Longitude=1,2[sOUND]AmbientUI=0AmbientUIMusic=FSX01AmbientUIMusicVolume=-6.000000PrimaryDevice={00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}SOUND=1SOUND_FADER1=0.500000SOUND_FADER2=0.500000SOUND_FADER3=0.500000SOUND_FADER4=0.500000SOUND_LOD=1SOUND_QUALITY=2UISound=0VoiceDevice={00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}[sTARTUP]DEMO=0LoadWindow=1SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=1STARTUP_DEMO=[TERRAIN]AUTOGEN_DENSITY=0DETAIL_TEXTURE=1LOD_RADIUS=4.500000MESH_COMPLEXITY=100MESH_RESOLUTION=23SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=2TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=6000TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=6000TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=29WATER_EFFECTS=4[TextInfo.1]AirSpeed=1,5Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6[TextInfo.2]FrameRate=1,1FuelPercentage=1,4GForce=1,3LockedFrameRate=1,2[TextInfo.3]AirSpeed=1,5Altitude=1,3FrameRate=2,1FuelPercentage=2,4GForce=2,3Heading=1,4Latitude=1,1LockedFrameRate=2,2Longitude=1,2WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6[TrafficManager]AirlineDensity=0AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=0FreewayDensity=0GADensity=0IFROnly=0LeisureBoatsDensity=0ShipsAndFerriesDensity=0[Trusted]D:\FSX_INSTALLATION\GAUGES\PMDG_737NGX.DLL.nblciaokhbilhnrrubzbnkclutzicwtwrubbrtza=2D:\FSX_INSTALLATION\GAUGES\PMDG_737NGX.DLL.onlccrzierntwhzubuceootrukaeqlbnoluktknn=2D:\FSX_INSTALLATION\GAUGES\PMDG_737NGX_3.DLL.eknhnzzienbinturnqkhzclbzriiqzaekkkcwlnb=2D:\FSX_INSTALLATION\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.wibzblnlwnaelulrqkkklbozzoktbzereekikqrr=1D:\FSX_INSTALLATION\PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll.cnlnzanqhkhrketuzwonhcuncrzobowntkaoozck=1D:\FSX_INSTALLATION\PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll.walehqnkkheiinnkzaqhcctiwwzubelhtcocaolh=1D:\FSX_INSTALLATION\VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll.abzknbncotucoqrnztwotkwzizobtztlchtkrzzn=1C:\Program Files (x86)\IVAO\IvAp v2\ivap_fsx_bootstrap.dll.ibcunzwczanrqurqblqaotcacoezhacuhtilhbla=1D:\FSX_INSTALLATION\PMDG\DLLs\PMDGOptions.dll.obnuwbzuqleiabkkchkrlhkwabikrhiwrrnarwte=1D:\FSX_INSTALLATION\PMDG\DLLs\PMDGEvents.dll.utelcaknnqwebqrazkqqrilckwaetotezbhercca=1D:\FSX_INSTALLATION\PMDG\DLLs\PMDGSounds.dll.zieebbbuwuarkuttwhcleokhebaqhhawhuoblwqu=1D:\FSX_INSTALLATION\GAUGES\PMDG_MD11.DLL.tilkeelntqehcqtbthnkuwwrcnbrrktrqateocht=2D:\FSX_INSTALLATION\GAUGES\PMDG_MD11_ACS.DLL.oorqntwkctqtuunkukkauiuenukuciqoziibiabe=2D:\FSX_INSTALLATION\PMDG\DLLs\PMDGOptions.dll.oaanartkkbwtnzrzolochqkbozohezklikkncrnw=1D:\FSX_INSTALLATION\PMDG\DLLs\PMDGEvents.dll.cutuiqzockuiauhtnqtrqkbcbzlieolwbhoaobet=1D:\FSX_INSTALLATION\PMDG\DLLs\PMDGSounds.dll.bozibhcnzwibazicuhhoqozllbqtlzahlkklwbii=1D:\FSX_INSTALLATION\GAUGES\PMDG_MD11.DLL.anbznhwhtltikaatrqqibcqbhrcbqeteoalcahkc=2D:\FSX_INSTALLATION\GAUGES\PMDG_MD11_ACS.DLL.qzckkroaznoqebzqttttzuakzthrikcabuwlaqbh=2[uSERINTERFACE]DisplayFuelAsWeight=0Map_Orientation=0OpenATCOnCreate=0PageID=1PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=0PROMPT_ON_EXIT=1SelectAircraftManufacturer=TousSelectAircraftPublisher=PMDGSelectAircraftType=TousShowAllACPaintSchemes=1SHOW_MISSION_CAPTIONS=0SITUATION=C:\Users\Julien\Documents\Fichiers Flight Simulator X\UTC France LFPG[VirtualCopilot]VirtualCopilotActive=0[Weather]AdjustForMagVarInDialog=1CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=8CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=3DETAILED_CLOUDS=1DisableTurbulence=0DownloadWindsAloft=0DynamicWeather=5MaxGustRampSpeed=200MaxGustTime=500MaxVarRampSpeed=75MaxVarTime=50MinGustRampSpeed=1MinGustTime=10MinVarRampSpeed=10MinVarTime=5THERMAL_VISUALS=0TurbulenceScale=0.900000WeatherGraphDataInDialog=0WeatherServerAddress=fs2k.zone.comWeatherServerPort=80WindshieldPrecipitationEffects=1[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570.0.0]Mode=1280x720x32TriLinear=1[MULTIPLAYER]condAccoutPassword=0

Your help will be very graceful again !

Absolutely amazing! I don't know anything about configuring the cfg file, but after using the tool, I set FSX's FPS limiter to unlimited (without using the external fps limiter) and my FPS jumped from a crap 15 to 20 something fps to more that a 100! I added the external fps limiter then and set it to 50, and it maintained it quite constant, except when I'm flying through clouds, when I do that the FPS takes a big plunge into 10 to 8 FPS, but other than that it works incredible. I've set the fps limiter to 30 to see how it works and will comment on that later I suppose, but for now, excelent tool! Keep it up! My specs if they help you: MSI 790FX-GD70 motherboardPhenom II 945 4 core processor at 3.0Ghz (with no overclocking)Radeon HD 5770 graphics card (without fiddling with ATI overdrive)4GB ram (at 1333Mhz)Hard drive specs I can't remember but they're typical maxtor drives, only thing I remember is that the one FSX is installed is 500GB One thing I wanted to ask is, would I benefit from messing with the options on the catalyst control center? There's options for AA, AF and lots of other things I have not touched because I don't know if the will impact performance.

One thing I wanted to ask is, would I benefit from messing with the options on the catalyst control center? There's options for AA, AF and lots of other things I have not touched because I don't know if the will impact performance.
If things are working great, then don't ;) don't be greedy as over-tweaking your rig will make things worse than no tweaking at all.

I've used the automated tweaking tool several times now, just to experiment with results. I was wondering what other settings, particularly for the [bufferPools] portion of the fsx.cfg, are others using with a GTX 570 (or with systems similar to mine below). I'm trying to gauge what size of RejectThreshold I should be using but truly can't tell what is working and what isn't in my case. Another big thanks to Hey-sus for everything he has done for this community!

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

I registered to say thank you *******. One thing I noted on the Tweaking and Tuning results page was that the tool doesn't yet have any AMD graphics cards, they're still named ATI. You might add that, as more and more people will be getting AMD cards in the near future and might miss out on some important tweaks from your tool. Here is what it told me:

We suggest an ATI or NVIDIA card for improved performance, we have no recomendations for AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series cards

Thanks again!

I just downloaded the tweak for my fsx.cfg, but I'm having problems with the the fps.limiter working? I've downloaded the file to my desktop, then created a folder on my main drive © Pasted all contents from the limiter .war file into the folder I created on my © drive. But when I go and rt or left click on the FPS_Limiter_GUI.jar, it just opens the war file up? when I rt or left click or run as Admin on the FPS_Limiter.exe, I get a black box that opens up briefly and that's it? I'm using WIN7 Pro 64bit. Please help??