Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Automated Tweaking and Tuning tool for FSX

Jeus, What a great tool, I downloaded; Removed my original .cfg and saved it,thne I moved the one I got, moved it in and what a difference!!! But I still suffer or stutters and long pauses. My FPS increased slightly, depite my scenery settings and number of addon planes. As you can see if yu look in prof. my sys. isn't very big. All the same a joyous inprovement,Thanks.

I downloaded the External FPS Unlimiter but doesn't seem to have help at all I still freeze?

The external limiter won't help with freezing, Berl.. It will only make FSX run a little smoother with a few more frames. You might go here: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/333332-fsx-tips-and-tricks-by-tom-rogers/and look for the UIAutomationCore.dll - which is one of the fixes.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Paul,thanks for your guidelines and links...I went there...But i ahve to admit I need more help with this.I have to admit I'm a computer morron...Last year Ihad everything working perfectly in this machine...Until I got hit by the mcAfee bug and that destroyed everything...Then I upgraded to win7 32 and had to start anew with everything computer related and y FS installation; How I saved this computer is still beyond me...But it works; If you look at my specs,you'll se I'm below minimum specs for running FSX\Acc.By doing some little tweaking I learnt using Vista,like increasing he number in the Upper_Frame_Rate_ Limit = I got descent FPS BUt the freezes persist.Berlopez

I just flew a short flight to check things up...My FPS are set to Unlimited...I'm getting when I check with Scenery texture set to very High and Scenery Complexity extremely Dense ,because my local scenery requires those setting for everything to show 29.9-30 FPS while parked,waiting for clearance...And between 5.8 and 23.6 in the air Still freezes a bit when I change views I had overclocked my FPS to 30.Still no joy.

Still freezes a bit when I change views
Aaah... so you're not 'freezing' and staying frozen with everything halted then? You're saying that the pc hesitates for a second or two - or three - only when you're in the air, looking around - and then it continues normally, is that right?If so - I think that you are asking too much of your system - especially a 5-year-old gpu. Scenery Complexity at 'Extremely Dense' will pull a 580 down when combined with other parameters set to High. On it's own with your system I would expect it to hesitate! Try this, Berl; move all the sliders (except Global Texture Resolution - that can stay high, otherwise everything will be blurred) to the left and turn all traffic off, with water at 1.x High, and see what happens. If there is no hesitation, you can then slowly move the sliders to the right.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Paul i just tried your suggestions and moved everything to the left except Global Texture Resolution; I got out of that incredible FPS Up to 129,What smooth flying. No scenery of course,except some little default details,like water towers.I had the fallowing settings: Scenery Complexity:Exremely Dense ( As tht local scenry I have demands it to see all the Details on a 2.2 Ghz Machine Autogen Density: SparseLevel Detail Radius; MediumMesh Complexity:60Mesh RES.152Text. Res:5mWAter Effects:1x Obviously with no scenery the sim performs like never before.So I started to move the slider and experiment... I moved the sliders Level of detail radius:MediumMesh Cpmlex.19Mesh res.76mText. res.2mWater effects to 1xScenery complx.NormalAutogen:NormalSpec.Effects.MediumNow it's giving me: 37 FPSSeeing that my machine isn't up to standard only 1Ghz on a dula core 1.8 1.00 Ghz 1022 Mb, Nvidia GeForce 7500LE,Realtek on board and I can't afford at the moment a new one,right now I'll have to do with this one for the time being. Thanks for your help and good advice. Besides this machine was hit last year by the mcAfee bug and I had to formatt toXP SP3 and reformatt to 7 32 it to save it; amazing it still works. Thanks, Berlopez

Great! Glad to hear it. Well done!

These are the results I got form the analisys: You don't have a BufferPools section!, adding optimized settings.HIGHMEMFIX was added to your config!ALLOW_SHADER_30=1 has been added to make FSX Shader 3 compatibleAircraft shadows removed for performance. Use Conservative to prevent this change.Your FIBER_FRAMETIME_FRACTION was set to 0.2! If you don't like this change use Conservative mode. Your TextureMaxLoad and SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT values will help prevent blurries.Adjusting TextureMaxLoad to 12 based on your hardware.SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT has been added to your configuration to prevent blurries.SmallPartRejectRadius have been added to your config for performanceAdjusting SOUND_LOD for improved performance when using AI sounds.Removing overlay tips to avoid graphics corruption.We suggest to try setting FPS to unlimted inside FSX, and use an EXTERNAL FPS limiter. You'll experience a massive performance increase. Download the limiter hereMAKE SURE to disable Transparency Anti-aliasing for improved smoothness with your NVIDIA GeForce 7500 LE card. I'm using the FSX.cfg they sent as it was sent...Allowing for the [Trusted] section to load th egaused of my addons.As I load them.

Anex: I just checked because it was bugging me. I don't have a [bUFFERPOOLS] section in my .cfg file after it came back form tweaking nor did I when I sent it? What do you wizs' recommend?I I were to add the section where and what is supposed to be written?

... doesn't matter where it goes, Berl, but yours is a pretty slow proc, not much ram, and a slow gpu, so I would personally just leave it at default. You'll not likely gain anything, and may well take away valuable memory from other areas.Try this, anyway:- [bufferPools]UsePools=1PoolSize=8388608 (8 MB)RejectThreshold=524288 (512 KB) 8 MB likely won't get filled, and anything over 5 K gets pushed to the gpu. If you get flashing - increase this to 1048576

Hi *******,I do have a question about the automatic FPS limiter program that you have linked to in your FSX Configurator webpage. This is the "FPS_Limiter_0.2.rar" file. I have downloaded it and uncompressed it, but the read_me file doesn't really explain how to use this program (at least not in English). How is this program used, and where do you place all of the files? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you,Randy L.rlink@cableone.net

HI Paul I tried as you suggested...As I said I didn't have a [bUFFERPOOLS] Section in my original .cfg file? Nor did I get one put in in the suggestion list.other than to add it I added it as you suggested...Went and started FSX,My problem get worse at Night-Time,??? Even changing to daylight didn't help the stutters and Looooooooooooooong Pauses,Opening thedefault GPS or any other window takes for ever for ever. The little circle just keeps turning,until it mmakes me dizzy. I had saved the fixed .cfg I got back after sending it and that is giving me better performance...Yes I do need a bigger machine...But have to do with this one until I can afford one... Thanks for your help and patients.smile.png

FRUSTRATED!!!! After using the tool and adding the .cfg file last night I started to experince extremely long loading times Before I use to be able to load in 3 and a half minutes to my default location...Now it' taking up to 14 minutes!!!??? I've even restored my original FSX.cfg which I had saved...The same times applies Now?????Worried.gif

I'm desperate now...What if I were to delete the new .cffg and let FSX build a new one upon restart...Would that help...I'd hate to reinstall the whole thing.Need advice Pronto!?