Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Automated Tweaking and Tuning tool for FSX

Hi everyone, I followed all advices given by Bojote, but one thing is not clear to me. First: are we talking about FSX in FULLSCREEN mode or Windowed mode. When I fly in Windowed mode I get get a smooth 60 fps (at a certain location) and when changing to Fullscreen the fps drops to 20. Second: When applying the external fps limiter, fps drops considerably compared to using the FSX fps-limiter. System: 4 core ATI processor , ATI Radeon HD 5670 video Any suggestions? Henk.

I don't see my post from yesterday, so maybe it didn't make it. Thanks for the tweak tool! You've certainly gone the extra mile in trying to help the FS community. The instructions left me with two questions. 1. In a couple of places they say, "set your driver to Let the application decide". Which "driver" are you referring to?2. I downloaded the external frate rate setting tool, but the readme file did not say where to extract it to. Can you enlighten me, please? I will try to get back here now and then to see if you have responded. But if you want to respond to my personal email, that's ok, too. Thanks again! Dewey mecs@mecssoftware.com

Hello HenkDid you get an answer to your issue with the modded CFG.I have the exact same problem using the limiter When in fullscreen my FPS go from 45-50 down to 6-11 FPS when i use the limiter which is set to 30 and unlimited within FSX.In windowed i lose FPS but not near as bad.I did not do the vsync mod FSXWindows 7 64 bit Garry

Hello, I just tried your cfg tweak and received this message below and fsx wont load. Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: fsx.exe Application Version: 10.0.61637.0 Application Timestamp: 46fadb14 Fault Module Name: g2d.dll Fault Module Version: 10.0.61637.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 46fadb58 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 0005c6a7 OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033 Additional information about the problem: LCID: 1033 system, win 7 64bt, 2600k, 8gb ram evga 285gtx Thoughts?Thanks,Tom

Tom Davis

I7 6700k 4.7 ghz, gtx 1080ti , 16gb 3400 ram, 32’’ 2k monitor, 1TB ssd, 500gb ssd, 250gb ssd, h115 water cooler

UAL440.png

Must admit I haven't read all of the 25 pages of this topic, so do, please, apologize me, if I'm double-posting. I also used your tweak and also downloaded the external FPS limiter. My machine is something mid-range with E8500, GTX260 and 4GB of 1600MHz DDR3 running on win/xp 32 bit. My first impression after installation of FPS limiter was WAU - on a certain location from a saved flight, with PMDG 747, clouds, rain, whole range of heavy conditions i had 30FPS-rock solid, it was 19-21 before. But, here's a but: after the mod almost all my AI traffic is gone??? I have some custom AI traffic files and all of this traffic is not shown, even default traffic that came with FSX is pretty limited. AI sliders inside FSX seem to be dead.I tried a couple of times to regain AI by selecting both densities to 0% and then back to 100%, but nothing is happening. Normally after doing this the sim would at the last stage inform "loading road,water and air vehicles" or something like that, but whatever I do, traffic level stays the same. Is there a solution for this, or at least a way to restore to the "before this mod was applied" status? There's an update: I was bold enough to try the same also on my other machine that runs win7-64bit with only devine installation of FSX and everything works just fine. But still my problem on win/xp machine remains. Any other solution but reinstall?

Since nothing but your fsx.cfg is modified automatically one easy way to get rid of any changes made would be to move/rename/delete your current fsx.cfg and FSX will then rebuild a fresh one on next startup. However understand you will then also be required to re-apply any other fsx.cfg modifications you already did in the past, the new fsx.cfg will be a 100% fresh one as it was when you first installed fsx.cfg. Hope this helps you in some way, at least it should be a more convenient solution compared to re-installing FSX itself.

Richard Åsberg

I don't think running the tweak tool does anything related to the traffic in FSX but I stand corrected. If deleting your fsx.cfg didn't solve your problems I think you have something else that isn't working OK, I don't think it's related to running the tweak tool honestly.

Richard Åsberg

After some head scratching I found what was actually wrong and has nothing to do with FPS limiter that, combined with the web page's fsx.cfg tweaks, works just great - it was one of badly written traffic files that did the mess.Sorry if somebody's blood pressure went up.

And I feel ashamed blush.png, I was blaming a perfectly performing add-on, completely forgetting what changes were made since last "all systems are go" check.

Hello, I just tried your cfg tweak and received this message below and fsx wont load. Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: fsx.exe Application Version: 10.0.61637.0 Application Timestamp: 46fadb14 Fault Module Name: g2d.dll Fault Module Version: 10.0.61637.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 46fadb58 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 0005c6a7 OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033 Additional information about the problem: LCID: 1033 system, win 7 64bt, 2600k, 8gb ram evga 285gtx Thoughts?Thanks,Tom
I still cant get a tweaked cfg file to work...anyone else getting this error? Tom

Tom Davis

I7 6700k 4.7 ghz, gtx 1080ti , 16gb 3400 ram, 32’’ 2k monitor, 1TB ssd, 500gb ssd, 250gb ssd, h115 water cooler

UAL440.png

Tom, What lines were changed/modified in your new "tweeked" file? Un-modify one line at a time and test again until you find the problem line. Which one was it?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Vaughan,Thanks for the reply ,looks like I had other issues so I reinstalled FSX and the cfg tweek worked the first time. Now reinstalling all my addons one at a time with fingers crossed.Tom

Tom Davis

UAL440.png

Hello Gary, No, I did not get a reply to my message about dropping frame rates when using external limiter. But I noticed a considerable increase in fps after changing in the ATI CCC 3D settings the AA-modus from supersampling to multisampling. Henk