Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Automated Tweaking and Tuning tool for FSX

1). Highlight the fsx.cfg file by a single left-click on it.2). Press Ctrl-c. This will copy it to the clipboard.3). Press Ctrl-v. This will copy the file into the same folder, renaming it at the same time.4). You now have one file called fsx.cfg, and another called fsx - Copy.cfg, right?5). Highlight the fsx.cfg file again with a single left-click on it.6). Press the Delete key. Hit 'Yes" when it asks "Are you sure you want to move this file to the Recycle Bin".7). Start FSX. It will now create a new fsx.cfg. If you have any tweaks inside the old fsx.cfg (that you renamed "fsx - Copy.cfg".) you can copy them into the new one.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hi Paul: First I appreciate yor patients and advice...Did as you indicated above. Though I'm usually more crude and when I have run into trouble with the .cfg I simply delete it form the App. Data folder...Restart FSX and let it build a new one. I did fallow you advice to keep the copy I got from the tweak. Afraid to say that now my loading time is down to 12 mins instead of 14. Starting FSX with the new .cfg started it default with the Ultralight in the air over Friday Harbour. that took 10 mins. to load. Then I moved to my default location EKCH to let it start there and create my usual default flight. EKCH to EKRK IFR. As mentioned above t took 12 minutes to load,Lots of stutters,with out the tweaked .cfg still same (hard) settings Scenery FPS locked at 20 by default. Complexity:Extremely dense,Etc,etc...Don't really know what happened or why my sim is performing so poorly; I know I'm not up to specs, but before this I use to be able to load it in 3 and a half minutes ? I have some saved FSX.cfgs' which I have attempted to put in and use...But they all give me the same result while loading the sim.??? Perplexed and confused?

Complexity:Extremely dense????? What happened to:-Level of detail radius:MediumMesh Cpmlex.19Mesh res.76mText. res.2mWater effects to 1xScenery complx.NormalAutogen:NormalSpec.Effects.Medium Now it's giving me: 37 FPSSeeing that my machine isn't up to standard only 1Ghz on a dula core 1.8 1.00 Ghz 1022 Mb, Nvidia GeForce 7500LE

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

HI Paul, I reduced to those setting,Scenery complexity :dense as i thought it was that that was the cause of it all. It took 4 minutes to load,When it gets to " Loading auto.generated Scenery it goes really slow Yawn.gif FRom 70% of th eloading bar to 80% thenon wards loading traffic and other things it moves faster... I forgot to check the FPS in the test flight I did,,,But it was smooth; I'll report tomorrow since all this happens in night time and I believe the sim has to work harder loading night textures???And I'm nackered now.When loadiing default Ulta light over F.H. I think because this a/c has only a vc it takes longer?

Wow after a lot of fiddeling around with my Scenery Complexity in my FSX \Gold Installation I have now a loading time of 14 minutes with Scenery Complexity at Extremely Dense. I can't explain how this happened. before I fiddle with the FPS_Limiter and got a new .cfg file: I've managed to restore a new..and even let FSX create a new one. Before all this happened I used to be able to load everything in under 5 minutes.Cerataingly if I reduce the scenry complexity to Dense or even lower it'll load much faster. But what could have happened to th einstallation since I used the FPS_LimiterAs soon as it gets to Loading auto Generated scenery it starts to go awful slow between 70 and 80% thereafter I load traffic,weather,ATC Etc...until 100% and the sim loads.berlopez

Where does the FPS-Limiter install?I realize now that it doesn't install but ne uses the Tweaked FSX.cfg. I have returned to an original I let FSX create.Despite this my loading times increased as described below; I just completed an IFR flight ( My default) after Loading weather,it gave me a new runway for take-off and route Angel.gif Did a perfect landing! My FPS are locked in the .cfg at 20 While flying with my setting I was getting up to 17.9 with an addons aircraft. I never have had such long loading times in FSX as now? From first click to opening screen say fx. 21(Tested last night) 21:25 to flyow screen21:27...To Loading and in game 21:47 ( As it gets to to Loading Auto Generated Scenery it slows down dramatically taking seven minutes to get from 70% to 80% thereon it goes normally until in the game,at my default flight. I really hope this doesn't cost me a reinstall!...Worried.gif

I really hope this doesn't cost me a reinstall!...Worried.gif
u can try and clear the shader cache.click start -> run (winkey + r), type "%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\FSX\" (without the quotes) and delete the folders there.now run fsx and let it recompile the shaders.

I'm very sceptical UVW How cna I make sure that this doesn't cost me a reinstall? as is now it's loading in 13 minutes which is a long time as far as I'm concerned? And a from what is was before I got into all this.. ( Mind you I'm not blamming anybody for this). BTW In case I do...What is(winkey+r)??? I Google and found this:http://fsxtimes.wordpress.com/2011/07/11/clean-up-shader-cache/Fallowed this intructions and all is well now...Now loading to flight/ready status in three minutes smile.png Again.Thanksberlopez

"Winkey" is the Windows key between the Ctrl and Alt keys of your keyboard dry.png

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Thanks David...In my confussion (s) I've been thinking in other tracks: As i wrote above I found a topic in Google and fallowed those instuctions and all is fine now However how often must one delete this folder? Or did this something just happened to me?Sorry for the ignoranceunsure.pngunsure.png Just a question According to the intructions I deleted the contents of the folder SHADERS. Then when starting FSX again it's supposed to build a new one... Since I did all this last night, why are there different dates on the folders that FSX just built? Is just to satisfy my curiosity?

I will look into the Paypal thing.. not sure if there are other ways to setup donations with other providers, but let me ask you something... how bad you want this feature? really? I mean, would you 'pay' for having cloud shadows in FSX? The reason I did not pursue this anymore was because REX *IS* actively working on this, so, why would I do something another developer is already doing? If you can confirm to me that REX is NOT and will NOT do this, I might look into it, otherwise forget about it. Doing something another developer is already doing is simply not right. And thanks to all that have donated! you guys are awesome ;)
An old post, sorry for that. But I just saw that the REX guys officially resigned from the project, so there's the statement you may have been looking for. Find the REX post here. Cloud Shadows

After deleting the contents of the Shader _cache all is well again...Thanks!

Hey., Thanks for this tool. I finally go taround to using it, and it was great. Just one thing. It told me this. "We suggest to try setting FPS to unlimted inside FSX, and use an EXTERNAL FPS limiter. You'll experience a massive performance increase. Download the limiter here" I did, but whenever I try to start the insteller exe, it says it doesn't have something when it does. Then I re-downloaded it, and still it didn't work. please help. Thx

What "installer.exe"? This package doesn't have any file with that name. This is a .rar file - same as a .zip file. When you double-click it a Windows Explore opens, listing the contents. You then click on Extract,and put the files in a folder of your choice.

It was the FPS limiter RAR, and inside was the .exe for it. When i ran it, it said it couldn't run because hookhelper wasn't in my computer, when it was inside the rar.