Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Automated Tweaking and Tuning tool for FSX

Allrighty... let's try it this way: open up the folder, and type out here, the filenames of what you now have in the folder that you've just unpacked: there should be eight files, including the PFS_Limiter_02.rar file - OK? smile.png

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

hey guys I need some help. i saw you had an tweak program made for fixing all these problems http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html but i need an little bit help with it. 1st of all how do i set the recomendation hardware settings. MY hardware = Acer Aspire Predator G7711 Gamers Edition ( the orange/black PC with moveble front )Intel® Core i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67Ghz 2.67GhzRam 6.00 GBSystem type: 64 Bits with 4 prosessors ( I have kopied my system and prestations and sendind with this mail ) then you get 2 the 2 steps. the one to copie this string %AppData%\Microsoft\FSX\fsx.cfg and then you need to do something. and that isnt realy clear for me.when i hit my (winekey) it opens my menu ( wondows 7 ) witha n search bar at the bottom. i enter the string i copied from your site and it opens an word document with all kind of settings of FSX.the ducument is also called fsx. but what do i need to do then. i saw something in your text with the promp ore something.. i realy dont know.but when i click on "Click here to Begin" at the bottom of the site with the tweak program i get this error Your request could NOT be processed. Reason: No file was sent!try again what can i do so it will send that File it needs ?? please help me i realy wanna tweak my FSX system cause afterpaying more then 50 Euro for that game it realy is an downer its so slow and the memory running out somethimes. can you please help me with this matter PS i have senindid an PDF file with my system information.. thanks

Don't know, JBall... What've you done so far?

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hey Paul, I have unzipped the download to a folder and I see all the files, have installed JAVA 64bit, when I click the GUI.jar file I get what looks like a DOS promt box for a second then nothing. No interface no joy.I can run it on my Dell laptop which is Vista 32bit. Here a some specs..Asus P8Z68 pro-V, i7 SB2600k@4.3 GHZ, 8 gig Mushkin 1600 7-8-7-24, EVGA GTX580, W7 pro 64

Ben

Hi JB: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/347357-fps-limiter-bat-file/ Post #15. I don't bother with the Java gui.

Paul,, right on! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! Batch file works like a charm. I would think the developer could have a read me file with these easy to understand steps and not messed with the Java gui cr*p.Again thanks so much for your help, have a great day! Benaka: Capt. Jack BallBallAir, Inc.

Ben

Yes - it is still live.

Ok,Thanks for confirming.I got into the site just now.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered somewhere in this HUGE thread but one thing I noticed is when I run this great tweaking tool it reports it has disabled a/c shadows for increased performance but what the tool actually does at least in my case is to enable a/c shadow itself by setting AC_SELF_SHADOW=1 which before running the tool was set to AC_SELF_SHADOW=0. Is this a minor bug in the tool or am I missing something at my end?

Richard Åsberg

Yes, it does.I noticed the shadows (on itself) next time I loaded aircraft.Had to manually disable it.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Hi everyone, I followed all advices given by Bojote, but one thing is not clear to me. First: are we talking about FSX in FULLSCREEN mode or Windowed mode. When I fly in Windowed mode I get get a smooth 60 fps (at a certain location) and when changing to Fullscreen the fps drops to 20. Second: When applying the external fps limiter, fps drops considerably compared to using the FSX fps-limiter. System: 4 core ATI processor, ATI Radeon HD 5670 MB Any suggestions? Henk.

Thanks for the tool! It left me with 2 questions, however. 1. In a couple of steps, your instructions said to set my driver to application controlled. Which driver? How do I set it to Application Controlled?2. I downloaded the external frame rate setting tool, but I don't know where to extract it? Which folder should I put it in? Thanks! Dewey