Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Automated Tweaking and Tuning tool for FSX

Forgive my ignorance but once I've downloaded the tweaked cfg file where do I put it?Thanks
Hi Try this: Press START > Run, in the box type %AppData%\Microsoft\FSX\ That will open the folder it needs to go into, but make a backup of the old one first :)

Funny, I have been using the fps limiter for a while now. At some point, I changed the FPS limit to 35. I ran the auto tweaker and it said it needed to be back at 30. I couldn't remember how to change it and I don't have java installed so I couldn't open the .jar file. Finally, I remembered - change the extension of the .bat file in limiter folder to .txt. Open it in notepad, change the fps, save it and rename it to .bat. Create a desktop shortcup for the .bat and use it to launch fsx rather than the fsx icon. Below is the text I have: "C:\fps limiter\FPS_Limiter.exe" /f:30 /x:OFF /l:OFF "D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe" Can you just you just create a .txt file, add the above text (chaging paths as needed), save it in the FPS Limiter folder and rename it to .bat?

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Thanks for the advice, after many trials and tribulations I've got fps limiter to work, except...that I get an error message on loading fsx which causes the program to abort and restart without fps limiter. Any ideas?

Funny, I have been using the fps limiter for a while now. At some point, I changed the FPS limit to 35. I ran the auto tweaker and it said it needed to be back at 30. I couldn't remember how to change it and I don't have java installed so I couldn't open the .jar file. Finally, I remembered - change the extension of the .bat file in limiter folder to .txt. Open it in notepad, change the fps, save it and rename it to .bat. Create a desktop shortcup for the .bat and use it to launch fsx rather than the fsx icon. Below is the text I have: "C:\fps limiter\FPS_Limiter.exe" /f:30 /x:OFF /l:OFF "D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe" Can you just you just create a .txt file, add the above text (chaging paths as needed), save it in the FPS Limiter folder and rename it to .bat?
Yes - you can.

Bert

Ok this is gonna sound stupid to some but im a dummie when it comes to computers, Anyway the new cfg file thats made whaen its downloaded is it automatically put into the fsx.cfg file ?

Hello all,after a long period reading and applying all suggestions in this thread, I post my first message to ask for a strange behaviour.When using photoreal scenery, FranceVFR but also freeware Taburet Italy ones, I cannot use external FPS limiter.If I limit externally FPS, setting unlimited in the sim, FSX simply don't load the texture in flight.It load initially all scenery correctly, but when I move from departure airport I see the scenery more and more blurred, and it don't get anymore detailed, even pausing simulation; only coming back to initial airport it become again clear and crispy.I used all the tweaks here discussed, used the automated tool, tried changing one by one every single parameter in fsx.cfg.I read tons of articles about blurries but none of indicated solutions worked.The only workaround I found was limit FPS internally in FSX; in this way I can use correctly photoreal sceneries, but have a loss in performances, so really would want find a solution.Is there some interaction between parameters I could test and investigate (maybe the TextureMaxLoad and SwapWaitTimeout) or some other relations between paramters I missed? Non photoreal scenery works great with good FPS with or without FPS limiter.Do I missed some specific setting for photoreal environments?

I dont use photo scenery but I think with it you need to lock your FPS within FSX and set a high TBM setting like 200 or so. Do a search, I remember reading about this issue in the past. - Jim

Jim Wenham

Locking FPS internally works fine, I have a TBM set to 40, I tried 70, 80 and 200 and all works fine (higher values create some stutters o light retard loading cockpit textures when changing view, but works).The problem is when using external FPS limiter. It seems FSX don't use anymore the textures after the initial loading.Bojote says when frame rate is set to unlimited in FSX TBM doesn't have effect but instead come in play others parameters, mainly TextureMaxLoad; It's 30 on my cfg, and I tried 9, 12, and 60 without success. Is there some parameter combination to take in account?

I found this other topic.It seems someone other had my problem.http://forum.avsim.net/topic/323617-question-for-bojote-or-anyone-who-knows-about-scenery-loading/ At this point, please ******* (or whoever knows) can explain better me this point (or if already done help me find the link to the right page)?>"They 'key' thing here to remember is how FSX behaves under those two scenarios (LIMITED vs UNLIMITED) then you'll have to make a choice on which way you want to go. (each has its pro and cons)". Does the FFTF parameter play a role in unlimited mode? If this parameters is not present in fsx.cfg is equvalent to... 1? 0? (I have AMD quad core with affinitymask 14).Or maybe the reply is if I want use photoreal I have to accept fps limited internally (and lose performances)?

Hi guys, Can someoe pls tell me do i have to put the new cfg download into the cfg file or is it automaticlly inserted once its downloaded ? Thanks in advance

Hi guys, Can someoe pls tell me do i have to put the new cfg download into the cfg file or is it automaticlly inserted once its downloaded ? Thanks in advance
Just download the new file presented and overwrite your old one

Thanks so much bojote. Here are my results as measured using FPSMark. I isolated each tweak on my system that you had suggested using your autotweaker tool to see its affect Overall I picked up 7.7 FPS! My baseline FPSMark score was 15.6After all of the fixes below my FPSMark score is now 23.3 AffinityMask not present. Adding for optimal results with your hardware.[JOBSCHEDULER]AffinityMask=8416.5 (+0.9) You don't have a BufferPools section!, adding optimized settings.[bufferPools]RejectThreshold=13107215.9 (+0.3) ALLOW_SHADER_30=1 has been added to make FSX Shader 3 compatible[GRAPHICS]ALLOW_SHADER_30=115.6 - no change Adjusting TextureMaxLoad to 12 based on your hardware.[Display]TextureMaxLoad=1215.6 - no change SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT has been added to your configuration to prevent blurries.[TERRAIN]SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=215.6 - no change SmallPartRejectRadius have been added to your config for performance[sCENERY]SmallPartRejectRadius=4.016.7 (+1.1) Adding MAX_ASYNC_BATCHING_JOBS for improved autogen batching performance.[sCENERY]MAX_ASYNC_BATCHING_JOBS=315.6 - no change Adjusting SOUND_LOD for improved performance when using AI sounds.[sOUND]SOUND_LOD=115.7 (+0.1) We suggest to try setting FPS to unlimted inside FSX, and use an EXTERNAL FPS limiter. You'll experience a massive performance increase. Download the limiter here20.7 (+5.1)

I found this other topic.It seems someone other had my problem.http://forum.avsim.n...cenery-loading/ At this point, please ******* (or whoever knows) can explain better me this point (or if already done help me find the link to the right page)?>"They 'key' thing here to remember is how FSX behaves under those two scenarios (LIMITED vs UNLIMITED) then you'll have to make a choice on which way you want to go. (each has its pro and cons)". Does the FFTF parameter play a role in unlimited mode? If this parameters is not present in fsx.cfg is equvalent to... 1? 0? (I have AMD quad core with affinitymask 14).Or maybe the reply is if I want use photoreal I have to accept fps limited internally (and lose performances)?
Sorry for quoting myself but...Is there anyone using photoreal sceneries AND external limiter, and have a working configuration?