Sign in to follow this  

4th Promo Video !

Very funny! I had a good laugh at this, bravo!

Delete this thread, why?. Because you disagree with the humor of the post. Thank GOD your not a moderator here at AVSIM.
Thank god you aren't one either!There's a video forum here at Avsim. Would fit much better there, since it's a joke. (Or maybe even in the hangar chat forum) From what I understand, the Flight forums is for News and discussion. I don't recall anyone saying it was a pointless video link forum. :( It will just confuse those that actually care if the topic remains here.

Brandon Filer

There's a video forum here at Avsim. Would fit much better there, since it's a joke. (Or maybe even in the hangar chat forum) From what I understand, the Flight forums is for News and discussion. I don't recall anyone saying it was a pointless video link forum. :( It will just confuse those that actually care if the topic remains here.
Actually I think many were confused by the official uninformative Microsoft Flight videos. They also seemed to be pointless videos.Regards, Mike Mann

Actually I think many were confused by the official uninformative Microsoft Flight videos. They also seemed to be pointless videos.Regards, Mike Mann
The first two were pointless. The most recent is the only current in game footage. It shows what the sim actually looks like. In a way, it isn't pointless.

Brandon Filer

The first two were pointless. The most recent is the only current in game footage. It shows what the sim actually looks like. In a way, it isn't pointless.
People are only assuming that the most recent is in game footage, it was never officially stated. It could be only the aircraft is what they are highlighting in the last video and showing it within an FSX environment. This would be similar to the X-Plane 10 images posted on the X-Plane site which show X-Plane 10 aircraft in X-Plane 9.Regards, Mike Mann

People are only assuming that the most recent is in game footage, it was never officially stated. It could be only the aircraft is what they are highlighting in the last video and showing it within an FSX environment. This would be similar to the X-Plane 10 images posted on the X-Plane site which show X-Plane 10 aircraft in X-Plane 9.Regards, Mike Mann
Explain the tree and aircraft shadows. FSX didn't have tree shadows and the aircraft shadows were not perfected. Appears to be that way with this video. These things could not be added in FSX. Just not possible.

Brandon Filer

Call me a troller, anyway which simulation aspect did you get from those videos ? Be honest
Emeth, maybe I shouldn't have posted when I got up at 5 this morning. I apologize for calling you a troll. I didn't see the humor when I first viewed the video.

\Robert Hamlich/

Explain the tree and aircraft shadows. FSX didn't have tree shadows and the aircraft shadows were not perfected. Appears to be that way with this video. These things could not be added in FSX. Just not possible.
Of coarse on a real short video like this, a company as large as Microsoft wouldn't have the expertise or knowledge to do any video editing. How very silly of me!!Regards, Mike Mann

Of coarse on a real short video like this, a company as large as Microsoft wouldn't have the expertise or knowledge to do any video editing. How very silly of me!!Regards, Mike Mann
I HIGHLY doubt that they would edit something in that would not be there in the release. Of course there's the contrast edit to the video, but I'm sure not much else was done visually. Also, were the FSX promo videos taken in FS9? No!!! so why would they use FSX to record videos for Flight?!

Brandon Filer

I HIGHLY doubt that they would edit something in that would not be there in the release.
So you then believe the first two videos are in game too?Regards, Mike Mann

You can bet that there are marketing types involved with those vids. Let's not forget what they did with that DX10 preview shot for FSX...remember? The one that turned out to be an artist's rendition and not from the game at all!They would never try that again! :(

LMAO. Nothing wrong with a bit of leg pulling, jeez, lighten up guys. I thought that was a pretty good joke actually, especially the bit on the OP quoting that 'you know the feeling' stuff in relation to it.In any case, all my aeroplanes have names too, there's Colin the Captain Sim 707, Ivan, the iFly 737, Percy, the PMDG jolly jumbo, Huey the erm Huey, oh, that one doesn't really work does it?Anyway I think that Tarrytown airfield scenery looks like it could blow Orbx off the number one spot too. Can't wait!Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

So you then believe the first two videos are in game too?Regards, Mike Mann
Again, those are renders.
You can bet that there are marketing types involved with those vids. Let's not forget what they did with that DX10 preview shot for FSX...remember? The one that turned out to be an artist's rendition and not from the game at all!They would never try that again! :(
Lets hope they wouldn't try again! Big%20Grin.gif

Brandon Filer

Emeth, maybe I shouldn't have posted when I got up at 5 this morning. I apologize for calling you a troll. I didn't see the humor when I first viewed the video.
No problem mate.Sometimes we joke, sometimes we have serious discussions, that's a a forum.One thing we share, the love and passion for flight simulations. I am only deeply sad about the fact that , at least seeing the first 3 videos , it definitely seems Flight will be closer to the video I posted than to FSX and this is not acceptable from a simmer point of view. Above all considering that Flight Simulator is surfing the wave since almost 30 years and now it is gonna die.Someone may say, how do you know that ? It's too early. ........ sadly, it is not early enough to have seen that Flight won't be a simulation but an arcade game instead, that's different..I am deeply disappointed about that, being myself an hardcore simmer.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.