Sign in to follow this  
Guest Georg123

MS Flight

Guest Georg123

I dont know ANYTHING about flight (yet) since the site really doesn't tell anything..BUT...i am excitedly looking forward to it!First, i am highly confident that the MS developers KNOW what they are doing, i do not think that they would leave all the "die hard" sim freaks and tweakers behind.FSX (to be honest) is one of the worst pieces of **** software from a technical point of view, its simply very badly coded and DX10 implementation is a joke. (I can only think of one other "game" which is similarly badly coded, "Gothic 3". Another coding disaster.)So..from this point of view MS Flight NEEDED a code overhaul BADLY, and i think the only way to do that was to make a whole new "Flight" from the ground up.MS Live means it will have multiplayer modes which is a good thing.I already spent so much TWEAKING and cursing about crashes, artifacts, bugs and problems that i think its time we get a Flight sim which allows us to focus on the "experience" instead instead of endless tweaking.

:( As you know DX10 wasn’t fully implemented in FSX…it is a “preview”.Folks that use it are “beta testers” ;)

I dont know ANYTHING about flight (yet) since the site really doesn't tell anything..BUT...i am excitedly looking forward to it!First, i am highly confident that the MS developers KNOW what they are doing, i do not think that they would leave all the "die hard" sim freaks and tweakers behind.FSX (to be honest) is one of the worst pieces of **** software from a technical point of view, its simply very badly coded and DX10 implementation is a joke. (I can only think of one other "game" which is similarly badly coded,  "Gothic 3". Another coding disaster.)So..from this point of view MS Flight NEEDED a code overhaul BADLY, and i think the only way to do that was to make a whole new "Flight" from the ground up.MS Live means it will have multiplayer modes which is a good thing.I already spent so much TWEAKING and cursing about crashes, artifacts, bugs and problems that i think its time we get a Flight sim which allows us to focus on the "experience" instead instead of endless tweaking.
thats your problem .. you tweak to much.  Fly more, tweak less.

thats your problem .. you tweak to much.  Fly more, tweak less.
Actually, for a lot of users, the joy of Flight Sim comes not from flying, but rather from endlessly fiddling, modding and tweaking with it.I personally suspect 90 percent of all home cockpit builders fall into this category.

Actually, for a lot of users, the joy of Flight Sim comes not from flying, but rather from endlessly fiddling, modding and tweaking with it.I personally suspect 90 percent of all home cockpit builders fall into this category.
You are probably correct  :Cry:This is why I recommended to MS that they have a module in the new "Flight" sim for nothing but tweaking.   No actual aircraft needed .. just the config files and a fps meter.

You are probably correct  :Cry:This is why I recommended to MS that they have a module in the new "Flight" sim for nothing but tweaking.   No actual aircraft needed .. just the config files and a fps meter.
Yup, but you do realise that those who tweak that will then probably break it and then claim that it is badly coded and unstable. So, how about...tweak.jpgAl

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Yup, but you do realise that those who tweak that will then probably break it and then claim that it is badly coded and unstable. So, how about...tweak.jpgAl
this one generated a BIG chuckle .. hell, I LMAO. :(

That's a great concept!! Microsoft might generate quite a number of sales with that one.Actually in current Microsoft parlance shouldn't the name be "Microsoft Tweak"; the word simulator seems to be superfluous.Regards, Mike Mann

"Games for Whiners" - Priceless! :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Chock that is awesome! LOL funny because it's so true.

Chock that is awesome! LOL funny because it's so true.
it was my idea   :Big Grin:I knew I should have patented the idea.  Chock, if MS doesnt include my suggest for a tweak simulator .. perhaps we could go into business together to develop one?   :(

Guest 64kts

On a serious note, Flight would be great if there was an advanced tweak option where you could adjust the desinity of buildings, trees, roads etc. Kinda like the Ultimate Terrain configuration tool. For the non-tweakers, just leave a few low to high settings options. Also, let's hope they make the scenery library more user friendly. It's a tedious task to change the priority of various scenery in today's configuration.

it was my idea   :Big Grin:I knew I should have patented the idea.  Chock, if MS doesnt include my suggest for a tweak simulator .. perhaps we could go into business together to develop one?   :(
It was indeed your idea, but of course you know that waltzing off with other people's ideas was how Bill Gates actually started out, so it's well in keeping with the MS ethos LOLAl

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Yup, but you do realise that those who tweak that will then probably break it and then claim that it is badly coded and unstable. So, how about...Al
Brilliant! lol :( :( :(

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.