Sign in to follow this  
rservice

Traffic X vs latest My trafficX

What is your opinion between the above traffic programs,i.e.Price,value, frame rate hits,ease of use etc.Any suggestions appreciated.Ron Service

Ron Service

My oppinion is that you can forget both and download the ai traffic from WOAI http://world-of-ai.com/ . It´s easy of use and it doesn´t cost anything. So why wasting your money, if you can have it for free.

My oppinion is that you can forget both and download the ai traffic from WOAI http://world-of-ai.com/ . It´s easy of use and it doesn´t cost anything. So why wasting your money, if you can have it for free.
HelloAt least say why WOAI is better (aside from the obvious cost).My opinion for what its worth is that MYTraffic is the best and most regularly updated traffic program around.These are my reasons , Great support from a developer who treats the program as a labour of love, with new features added regularly and always great frame rates.TrafficX is probably also a great program, but for me the level of support that Mr Renk offers to his customers over many years is what keeps me using MyTraffic.

With all due respect, I submit it's not a waste of money when we support the developers who make our hobby what it is. Most of the products these people develop require a huge amount of time and talent. And the price they charge is small in comparison. I wouldn't be much of an FSX fan without the many enhancements purchased from commercial developers at very reasonable prices (IMO).Thanks for listening,Bill

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

HelloAt least say why WOAI is better (aside from the obvious cost).My opinion for what its worth is that MYTraffic is the best and most regularly updated traffic program around.These are my reasons , Great support from a developer who treats the program as a labour of love, with new features added regularly and always great frame rates.TrafficX is probably also a great program, but for me the level of support that Mr Renk offers to his customers over many years is what keeps me using MyTraffic.
+1Get MyTrafficX Pro 5.3 and a free upgrade to 5.3a was just released. You will need to purchase 5.3 and install it before you upgrade to 5.3a. There is a great support forum at Simflight and the author (Burkhard) provides excellent support. If you go with MTX just make sure you get MTX Pro 5.3 and you can get it at the Simflight Store. I have used MTX since 2008 and was never disappointed in the traffic program I decided to go with.

Guest firehawk44
Well stated. FWIW, I agree 100%.Best regards,Jim

Okay, I have to confess that the updating at WOAI is´n very good. As I´m from germany with an regional airport only some km away, I like germany 2. lagrest airline AirBerlin, but sadly the only AirBerlin package from WOAI is from Winter 2007. Since that time a lot of changes have taken place and all this I can not recreate in Fs due to the lack of a new package.

Sorry for being such an idiot. I wasn´t myselfe when I wrote this post.
My opinion for what its worth is that MYTraffic is the best and most regularly updated traffic program around.
Is there really an regular updating feature in My traffic X ? That sounds interesting.Another question: Is My traffic X only for fsx or is it for both FSX and Fs9?

Okay, I have to confess that the updating at WOAI is´n very good. As I´m from germany with an regional airport only some km away, I like germany 2. lagrest airline AirBerlin, but sadly the only AirBerlin package from WOAI is from Winter 2007. Since that time a lot of changes have taken place and all this I can not recreate in Fs due to the lack of a new package.Sorry for being such an idiot. I wasn´t myselfe when I wrote this post. Is there really an regular updating feature in My traffic X ? That sounds interesting.Another question: Is My traffic X only for fsx or is it for both FSX and Fs9?
Burkhard (the author) releases an update for MyTrafficX twice a year. MyTrafficX is only for FSX. There is a FS9 version, but it may not be available anymore. You can check over at the Simflight store and see.

The thing about Mytraffic is that the planes look really bad, and their paints even worse. I uninstalled Mytraffic and went back to WOAI, and enjoy their models more than ever. Also Mytraffic uses fantasy schedules. For instance EDDP is filled with traffic, while in real life there is about a departure every hour. I've seen airlines come into airports that normally don't fly there, this was also a reason for me to uninstall. As for WOAI, if you want to keep your favorite airline up to date, find the latest schedules at AVSIM or any other site and just manually edit the flight plans with traffic tools. Never tried the other traffic programs.

The thing about Mytraffic is that the planes look really bad, and their paints even worse. I uninstalled Mytraffic and went back to WOAI, and enjoy their models more than ever. Also Mytraffic uses fantasy schedules. For instance EDDP is filled with traffic, while in real life there is about a departure every hour. I've seen airlines come into airports that normally don't fly there, this was also a reason for me to uninstall. As for WOAI, if you want to keep your favorite airline up to date, find the latest schedules at AVSIM or any other site and just manually edit the flight plans with traffic tools. Never tried the other traffic programs.
Thanks for the responses guys,I have ultimate traffic on my other computer,but it seems to be a real hassle getting it installed on my new computer.Flight 1 makes a dogs breakfast out of reinstallation.I also heard that it is hard on frame rates.I have looked at World of AI,but it seems like a lot of work to install.I will wait a little longer for more adviceCheersRon Service

Ron Service

Forget MyTraffic X, their models are decent at best but are proportionally incorrect epic proportions. TrafficX provides better aircraft models. And besides, its features are far more dynamic, easily controlled from the renowned Traffic Control Centre that controls AI in a way air traffic controllers would do, only with the ability to make aircraft flyable from there. Dave.

If all you want to do is load up your airports with AI then Traffic X and MyTraffic X is for you. If however you want real world level of traffic with real world flight schedules (Granted some may be out of date) then you want UT2 or WOAI. Of those I prefer WOAI, because it uses the standard traffic system, and traffic is realistically placed at the airports. UT2 insertion method, only makes the aircraft available minutes before scheduled departures. This means you won't have traffic parked at airports over night, and as you pushback for your flight an AI may pop up in the space you just vacated, even before you start to taxi. This usually doesn't happen with WOAI. The thing you need to know about WOAI, is most models if not all are FS9 models, this means at some airports it may be necessary to turn off aircraft shadows or they'll appear invisible. A problem I have is my chosen video capture software (GameCam) won't record with FS9 modeled aircraft. Native FSX models are ok. So I use UT2 when I record videos. I don't notice too much of a performance difference between them, maybe a frame or 2 less with WOAI but not noticeable.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

If all you want to do is load up your airports with AI then Traffic X and MyTraffic X is for you. If however you want real world level of traffic with real world flight schedules (Granted some may be out of date) then you want UT2 or WOAI. Of those I prefer WOAI, because it uses the standard traffic system, and traffic is realistically placed at the airports. UT2 insertion method, only makes the aircraft available minutes before scheduled departures. This means you won't have traffic parked at airports over night, and as you pushback for your flight an AI may pop up in the space you just vacated, even before you start to taxi. This usually doesn't happen with WOAI. The thing you need to know about WOAI, is most models if not all are FS9 models, this means at some airports it may be necessary to turn off aircraft shadows or they'll appear invisible. A problem I have is my chosen video capture software (GameCam) won't record with FS9 modeled aircraft. Native FSX models are ok. So I use UT2 when I record videos. I don't notice too much of a performance difference between them, maybe a frame or 2 less with WOAI but not noticeable.
IMHO, I believe MyTrafficX to be much more current than WOAI. I've used both, and have to say that the streamlined update approach just takes the cake!-James

With all due respect, I submit it's not a waste of money when we support the developers who make our hobby what it is. Most of the products these people develop require a huge amount of time and talent. And the price they charge is small in comparison. I wouldn't be much of an FSX fan without the many enhancements purchased from commercial developers at very reasonable prices (IMO).Thanks for listening,Bill
+30

I used WoAI for a long time because it's free and the aircraft models are really good. However, there is one or several repaints somewhere in there that seemed to be corrupt and my FSX installation crashed and burned every time I used it. I got fed up, I guess. By that time I had already bought MyTraffic 5.2 so it was a no brainer to update to the latest version (5.3b). I'm honestly very happy I bought it. There are hundreds upon hundreds of airlines, airplane types... Basically, the coverage is excellent. Even the most obscure airlines can be found in MyTrafficX. Hell, unlike other traffic packages, there are lots of Russian aircraft included also. And if the coverage is not enough to swing you over, there is this lovely time machine feature. I personally dislike the liveries of post-merge united fleet. I want to get them back as two companies (United and Continental). So, I simply set back the clock to 2010, and I'll see not only the United aircraft flying their 2010 schedules, I'll also see the actual models that were used at that time! So, you can send the clock back to 1965 and see 707 driving around the ramp. And when you do that, do not expect to see a 747-600. Why? Because it didn't exist yet at that time.If the coverage and time machine is not enough to swing you over, then at least the support will. Burkhard replies very promptly to your posts, and he always is very helpful. It has rarely happened that I had to explain my issue twice. He also listens to any criticism you might have, updating MyTrafficX when necessary with new, or altered files. For example, MyTraffic 5.4 is due October/November, and I asked if the 757 models could be reworked. He said he'd see what he can do, so there is hope. By the way, he posted some screenshots of new models: the 747-8i/F is coming our way in this update!The 757 example I gave is the only downside of MyTrafficX: The models are not very detailed, sometimes that are incorrect or very rough around the edges. If you compare them to the WoAI models, you'll quickly see that WoAI has far better models to offer. However, I'm willing to live with the MyTrafficX models, simply because the rest of the package is so good. Excellent coverage of civilian and military airlines all around the world, great customizability (the time machine is one example of that) and great support.I tried UT2, but I didn't like it. While the models look good, there are a lot of airlines missing, not to speak of cargo airlines, of which there are hardly any. So sure, you can import WoAI cargo airlines, or use MyTrafficX cargo airlines. But in all honesty, if I need to fill the gaps with other packages, I'd rather just use the other packages and keep UT2 out of the equation.As fir TrafficX, I don't know it. It looks mice, but it seems you have to get all kinds of expansion packages to get what MyTrafficX includes by default.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case