Sign in to follow this  
byork

RELEASED! PMDG 747 VOICE COMMANDER NOW AVAILABLE!

Attention FS2Crew users:The much anticipated PMDG 747 "Voice Commander" Edition of FS2Crew has just been released!It works with the FSX and FS9 PMDG 747 Cargo and Passenger models, including the 800 Expansion and LCF model upgrade.It ships with three voices set:United States, United Kingdom and Eurozone.This is an advanced product that we feel is much improved over the old 'button control' PMDG 747 version released several years ago.Please visit the product info page to watch a demo video and to learn more about this exciting new product.A limited-time discount coupon worth 5 Euros is available to anyone who has ever owned any FS2Crew product before. So even if you only own the 767 Edition of FS2Crew, you can still use this code!The coupon code is: PMDG747As always, please read the manuals!!!Best,

argh noooooo!!! I purchased Civilization V earlier today but that has to wait now. It'll be a long night! Thanks for the release Bryan!! Btw, why is the installation file double the size of the LevelD one? More and/or longer voice files?

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

argh noooooo!!! I purchased Civilization V earlier today but that has to wait now. It'll be a long night! Thanks for the release Bryan!! Btw, why is the installation file double the size of the LevelD one? More and/or longer voice files?
Hi Krister,Correct, more and bigger files!Cheers,

Bryan,Congrats on the latest edition - I just purchased it :( On the product info page, under the Notes section, you have a link to an Avsim article about networking. The link however doesn't seem to be working (post not found). I have looked around the forum to no avail so I'm wondering if you can fix that link and/or update it here? Thanks...I am still a heavy WideFS/Simconnect-Client user and want all info, tips, tricks regarding this topic.:(

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Hi Al,That thread seems to have vanished evidently.I'm trying to recall what the exact work around was...Hopefully the original author will read this post and reply.But note that, since the FS2Crew gauge that handles speech recognition is literally built into the host aircraft (via the panel.cfg file for the host aircraft), your FSX/FS9 computer must receive direct microphone input.This is only an issue if you're running on-line ATC over a network, and you have, say, Squawkbox running on a separate computer with a microphone attached to that second computer.In that case, you'd need either two microphones... one for your main computer and one for your other computer... or you could use an audio splitter so you could essentially connect your mic to your FSX/FS9 computer "and" your other computer at the same time.Hope that makes sense.Best,

I am unable to bring up the marshaller interface and make it stay there! It is shown for fractions of a second everytime I press the VM button but then disappears. I am using FS9 on a Windows 7 62 bit system.For some reason my earlier problems with the Leveld Voice edition has returned, that is all the messages from the purser and engineer are heard very very faintly and it happens with LevelD as well as with PMDG 747 voice edition. Last time I just loaded the Maddog and started the FS2crew dialogue there and then switching back to the LevelD they were heard with normal level again for some strange reason (and not saying they worked BECAUSE of trying the Maddog, just stating the sequence of actions). This time loading the Maddog didn't help me. I realize this is something I have to sort of for myself, but I'm just keeping you informed! :DWhat I actually did before I started having the issue again with LevelD, was installing the latest Creative 64 bit drivers for Windows 7. Of course I tried unistalling them and using the drivers Windows 7 provides as default but it didn't help. If I get it sorted out I will probably have no idea what I did to make it work....Regarding that thread Al found missing, I'm not able to access www.fs2crew.com since it seems to be down right now, but it's not the same thread that is referenced to in the manual?! At least that one is up and runnning here: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/294529-soft-mute-and-key-mapping-woes/page__p__1820230__hl__mute__fromsearch__1#entry1820230

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Well done Bryne!I like the Level-D version more but this is (you have already said it) a SDK problem. Anyway again a fantastic add-on :( Thank you very much!!!P.S. Probably there will a way to make a least the Alt selector work in the future!? Would be very helpful.

What I actually did before I started having the issue again with LevelD, was installing the latest Creative 64 bit drivers for Windows 7. Of course I tried unistalling them and using the drivers Windows 7 provides as default but it didn't help. If I get it sorted out I will probably have no idea what I did to make it work....
Hmmmm, if you didn't have the problem "before" installing the latest Creative 64 drivers, I'd say those drivers messed something up or changed a setting somewhere. Can you revert to an earlier version of the Creative sound drivers?Video Marshaller: Are you running in Windowed mode? I run Win 7 64 too and can't reproduce this. Are you using Saved Situation files? If so, try not using the Saved file. Load the 747 directly from the Main Create a Flight menu.Best,

Hmmmm, if you didn't have the problem "before" installing the latest Creative 64 drivers, I'd say those drivers messed something up or changed a setting somewhere. Can you revert to an earlier version of the Creative sound drivers?Video Marshaller: Are you running in Windowed mode? I run Win 7 64 too and can't reproduce this. Are you using Saved Situation files? If so, try not using the Saved file. Load the 747 directly from the Main Create a Flight menu.Best,
While I haven't been able to find a fix for it yet, I noticed something else very strange in a completely other game but with the same charteristics! In Call of Duty Black Ops, in case you have it, there are many scenes where the main figure is strapped to a seat and you hear the voices of two interrogaters. Their voices too have become very faint all the sudden! :D Perhaps it's some surround sound setting that somehow has become activated... I just thought it was so weird that I had to post it! :D

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

This is a really cool addon. Just had my first flight and was very much impressed. I was disappointed in a few things. There are no options to let the FO take off for you, that's ok...but it would be nice to have that option. The checklists are nice, but a complete listing of them would be good...having sheets with the preflight, the actual departure brief, approach brief...etc. If I could just print those out and have them available to read off verbatum, it would make things so much more realistic. Other than those items, the flow was good and being able to say the commands instead of clicking buttons makes it very nice to fly on my flightsim.

This is a really cool addon. Just had my first flight and was very much impressed. I was disappointed in a few things. There are no options to let the FO take off for you, that's ok...but it would be nice to have that option. The checklists are nice, but a complete listing of them would be good...having sheets with the preflight, the actual departure brief, approach brief...etc. If I could just print those out and have them available to read off verbatum, it would make things so much more realistic. Other than those items, the flow was good and being able to say the commands instead of clicking buttons makes it very nice to fly on my flightsim.
Hi Todd,Glad you were impressed.FO takeoffs are on hold until I can find a better way to get the FO to fly the plane. Several users complained he'd crash the plane.Not sure what you mean about a complete listing of checklists. Checklists are at the bottom of the manual.Briefs: There's a million possible variations depending on circumstances, so there's no real one size fits all brief you could real off.Cheers,

Hi Todd,Glad you were impressed.FO takeoffs are on hold until I can find a better way to get the FO to fly the plane. Several users complained he'd crash the plane.Not sure what you mean about a complete listing of checklists. Checklists are at the bottom of the manual.Briefs: There's a million possible variations depending on circumstances, so there's no real one size fits all brief you could real off.Cheers,
A departure briefing seems to be superfluous then...it's nice to have, but it would be nice to have 'something' to say in that regard, even if the FO doesn't respond until you say 'any questions.' And what happened to the cruise checklist?

A departure briefing seems to be superfluous then...it's nice to have, but it would be nice to have 'something' to say in that regard, even if the FO doesn't respond until you say 'any questions.' And what happened to the cruise checklist?
Airline I modeled for the 747 doesn't use cruise checklists.What 'something' would you like to say? You can say anything you like (make sure Hard/Soft Mute is on first!).If you want an example of what you could say, go onto YouTube and watch some of the cockpit videos. They often include the briefings.Cheers,

Airline I modeled for the 747 doesn't use cruise checklists.What 'something' would you like to say? You can say anything you like (make sure Hard/Soft Mute is on first!).If you want an example of what you could say, go onto YouTube and watch some of the cockpit videos. They often include the briefings.Cheers,
Excellent idea, thanks.