Sign in to follow this  
bmarcoux2

Eaglesoft Citation 2.0

Anybody else having autopilot problems on this plane. When I turnon autopilot (even with Nothing selected on the mcp) I have No turning control. I should be able to turn the plane with only Alt hold turned on for the autopilot. Something I need to check? I've looked at Eaglesoft fourm and didn't see anything. Thanks for any help

Anybody else having autopilot problems on this plane. When I turnon autopilot (even with Nothing selected on the mcp) I have No turning control. I should be able to turn the plane with only Alt hold turned on for the autopilot. Something I need to check? I've looked at Eaglesoft fourm and didn't see anything. Thanks for any help
I answered this in the Eaglesoft forums.This aircraft will not allow 'only Alt hold'. The real one doesn't, ours doesn't. There is nothing wrong with the aircraft's autopilot. There is something wrong with your expectations.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

There no current Real World dual-axis autopilots that will allow you to "turn" when the altitude hold is active of which I'm aware.Some aircraft have a CWS (Control Wheel Steering) button on the yokes that will temporarily inhibit the "wing leveler" function to allow turns, or some similar system.Any other behavior is throughly unrealistic.*EDIT: additions made in red above for further clarity

Edited by n4gix

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Note to self.: Never purchase Eaglesoft product with comments like that, be it right or wrong.
I Agree, I know I'll never buy another one and I own 3. I've seen it on most of there reply's to there AC. You'd get a much more polite and less argumentive respone if you went to Cessna themselves and ask why is this that way!!!!!

1 - The OP is asking if others are having autopilot problems, based on wanting to do something with the aircraft they've already been told it won't do. This implies, publicly, that there's something wrong with the autopilot.2 - The OP stated they looked in the Eaglesoft forums and "didn't see anything". Well, what they did see was me telling them this autopilot doesn't work that way. But it's ok for them to misrepresent what actually happened, right? Wrong.3 - Just because you don't like the answer you get in the official support forums doesn't mean you can go to another public forum and misrepresent what support you did get.I saw another person's thread about reviews... and it always amazes me that users can scream about their percieved malignments of information provided and then turn around and do exactly the same thing and it's perfectly fine for them to behave that way. It's called hypocrisy.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

1 - The OP is asking if others are having autopilot problems, based on wanting to do something with the aircraft they've already been told it won't do. This implies, publicly, that there's something wrong with the autopilot.2 - The OP stated they looked in the Eaglesoft forums and "didn't see anything". Well, what they did see was me telling them this autopilot doesn't work that way. But it's ok for them to misrepresent what actually happened, right? Wrong.3 - Just because you don't like the answer you get in the official support forums doesn't mean you can go to another public forum and misrepresent what support you did get.I saw another person's thread about reviews... and it always amazes me that users can scream about their percieved malignments of information provided and then turn around and do exactly the same thing and it's perfectly fine for them to behave that way. It's called hypocrisy.
FIRST Have your facts straight. I did not see your response in YOUR forum. That was my fault because I acc. posted it in the fsx forum so when I went to look in the fs9 forum I didn't see it there. I almost allways come to AVSIM forums to get an ansewer on question no matter whos product it is because I always get quick responses from people who ACTUALLY use the product. And I never get a "No stupiud, it dosen't work that way" response here. Sounds like you need to go back to your fourm. We can figure things out here. And yes I CAN go to any fourm and state my opinion on a product THAT I BOUGHT (Eaglesoft might want to remember who pays the salaries) any time I like or until Tom or someone here ask me not to in which case I will respect his and AVSIM's wishes.

FIRST Have your facts straight. I did not see your response in YOUR forum. That was my fault because I acc. posted it in the fsx forum so when I went to look in the fs9 forum I didn't see it there. I almost allways come to AVSIM forums to get an ansewer on question no matter whos product it is because I always get quick responses from people who ACTUALLY use the product. And I never get a "No stupiud, it dosen't work that way" response here. Sounds like you need to go back to your fourm. We can figure things out here. And yes I CAN go to any fourm and state my opinion on a product THAT I BOUGHT (Eaglesoft might want to remember who pays the salaries) any time I like or until Tom or someone here ask me not to in which case I will respect his and AVSIM's wishes.
I'm not responsible for you reading or not reading replies to your posts in the Eaglesoft forums. I can only assume that since you made no further posts, you had read it.As for the term 'stupid'. If I wanted to call you that, I would state it quite clearly and not cloak it in typical forum doublespeak.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

All he meant by it "not meeting your expectations" is that the way FS tends to model its autopilot by default (at least via the little use_no_default_bank/pitch" cheats) is what people come to expect in reality/in realistic addons....but trust me...all you'll do in a real C750 (and many others) by moving the yoke past a certain degree is actually disconnecting the autopilot and returning to manual flight...(i think thats also what downed an A310 operated by aeroflot if i remember right...)in a real C750 theres no way to selectively engage the servos individually...hence no manual roll control with any vertical mode engaged.--xavier/pict

All he meant by it "not meeting your expectations" is that the way FS tends to model its autopilot by default (at least via the little use_no_default_bank/pitch" cheats) is what people come to expect in reality/in realistic addons....but trust me...all you'll do in a real C750 (and many others) by moving the yoke past a certain degree is actually disconnecting the autopilot and returning to manual flight...(i think thats also what downed an A310 operated by aeroflot if i remember right...)in a real C750 theres no way to selectively engage the servos individually...hence no manual roll control with any vertical mode engaged.--xavier/pict
HelloI would have thought that the OP being in the market for the most realistic rendition for FS9 or FSX of the CX would have understood the functions and limitations of the actual aircraft being simulated, why else would he want to simulate that aircraft.Eaglesoft have delivered what is the most accurate depiction CX to date, but you do need to study it to get the most enjoyment from it.Ed's frustration after coding these advanced avionics is that folks cannot be bothered to read the documentation.

"There is nothing wrong with the aircraft's autopilot. There is something wrong with your expectations".A somewhat more tactful reply would not have ruffled feathers. You blew it and you should apologize; then you might just recoup the future sales you lost. Mine included.Bob

Here's the original post in the Eaglesoft forums:

Is it not possable to turn the ac manualy with the alt hold btn on. Also I noticed an entry in the cfg file fsuipc. Should that be set to =0 if I do not have a registered version of fsuipc. Thanks.
Here's my original reply in the Eaglesoft forums:
It's impossible to fly this aircraft with only a vertical autopilot mode active.That entry is nothing for you to be concerned with.
The OP states (incorrectly) there's something wrong with the autopilot... States (incorrectly) it should do something it shouldn't... States (incorrectly) that they saw nothing in the Eaglesoft forums regarding this exact issue.Clearly the OP's expectations are that the autopilot should function exactly like the default FS autopilot (which doesn't match any real world autopilot). As I stated, there's something wrong with the OP's expectations. Since when has being honest in one's reply translated to tactless? Do you prefer someone lie to you?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

"There is nothing wrong with the aircraft's autopilot. There is something wrong with your expectations".A somewhat more tactful reply would not have ruffled feathers. You blew it and you should apologize; then you might just recoup the future sales you lost. Mine included.Bob
HelloSince when have guys started to get so sensitive.JC we will all be wearing skirts at this rate, The OP expected a default AP, Ed coded a true to life autopilot which did not meet those expectations and pointed that out to the OP.To me it goes like thisI want to simulate a specific aircraft.I research that aircraft, I then research which development team has taken the trouble to simulate that aircraft.If that developers scope of simulation matches my expectations based on what I have researched about that aircraft I get my CC out.In my opinion the OP bit off more than he could chew, and there are lighter addons that he may enjoy.

There no Real World dual-axis autopilots that will allow you to "turn" when the altitude hold is active.Some aircraft have a CWS (Control Wheel Steering) button on the yokes that will temporarily inhibit the "wing leveler" function to allow turns, or some similar system.Any other behavior is throughly unrealistic.
Uh...gotta disagree here. The Sperry SP-77 in the B737-200, and the Collins A/P on the C-141B are both examples of split-axis autopilots that will indeed support turning with Alt Hold engaged.I used to fly night circling approaches in the StarLizard into "black hole" locations like Patrick AFB using the turn controller and the altitude hold engaged until I was halfway around the turn and could see the runway environment. We had a 141 pack it in at Cairo West during a night circle...another place where lack of lights around the airfield make it easy to descend into the dirt.RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Uh...gotta disagree here. The Sperry SP-77 in the B737-200, and the Collins A/P on the C-141B are both examples of split-axis autopilots that will indeed support turning with Alt Hold engaged.I used to fly night circling approaches in the StarLizard into "black hole" locations like Patrick AFB using the turn controller and the altitude hold engaged until I was halfway around the turn and could see the runway environment. We had a 141 pack it in at Cairo West during a night circle...another place where lack of lights around the airfield make it easy to descend into the dirt.RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO
The two examples are the exception not the rule though Bob. Your last example and probably quite a few others must have had some effect on AP two axis design since the current situation seems to be to err toward safety.:(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png