Sign in to follow this  
lorenzog89

Ms Flight new photos

OK, just finished my comparison of FSX with Flight Screenshot 5. This one was even harder to get right! :(mauleoverwater.jpgmauleoverwaterfsx.jpgWorking on the Screenshot 6 comparison at the moment and will post it soon.

Brandon Filer

Screenshot 6 comparison with FSX done:mauleheadingtowardswate.jpgmauleheadingtowardswate.jpgWill do 1, 2, and 4 once I know the locations

Brandon Filer

Flight's landclass, coastlines, and tree coverage is much, MUCH better than FSX's... Hands down it's a huge improvement, IMO.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

There's much more detail in these Flight screenshots than just landclass, coastlines and tree coverage. Particularly, the attention to detail with lighting and other atmospheric effects. I do quite a bit of real world flying near water, mostly close to the Chesapeake Bay. In screenshot #5, the way the water blends with the sky looks 100% realistic to me. On a somewhat hazy day, that's exactly how water blends with sky. Compared to the FSX screenshot #5, it is far ahead in realism. Then, also pay close attention to how the mountains fade away with a bluish tint in the distance. Very well done.Also, the way they light up the rivers in screenshot 6 is very nice. Water makes up quite a bit of scenery and has its own lighting, and it seems that Flight is starting to really capture that.

There's much more detail in these Flight screenshots than just landclass, coastlines and tree coverage.
I quite agree. I wasn't attempting to make an exhaustive list, but only the most blindingly obvious improvements... :(

Fr. Bill    

Flight's landclass, coastlines, and tree coverage is much, MUCH better than FSX's... Hands down it's a huge improvement, IMO.
How do you know if the tree coverage is better? Seems like they really scaled down the autogen coverage for, perhaps, performance reasons? Also I don't know why I am the only one that notices bad blurries in pic 5!!

How do you know if the tree coverage is better? Seems like they really scaled down the autogen coverage for, perhaps, performance reasons? Also I don't know why I am the only one that notices bad blurries in pic 5!!
I don't think they are blurries as such. If I was to critisize, i'd say the the trees in the distance are too 'sharp' for the scenery around them, giving the slight effect of blurries. Personally, overall what i've seen so far is a huge improvement. What i'm really looking forward to is to see how they deal with road traffic, particularly at night, this would really add to the realism for me if done well. No more trucks and cars driving everywhere at 100mph please!

I totally agree .....

How do you know if the tree coverage is better?
In this instance, "better" is analogous to "more believeable" or "more true-to-life."It's all quite subjective of course... :(

Fr. Bill    

It's subjectively "much better". It's also just simply "much better" haha. I'm getting excited about the potential of this sim!

I don't think they are blurries as such. If I was to critisize, i'd say the the trees in the distance are too 'sharp' for the scenery around them, giving the slight effect of blurries. Personally, overall what i've seen so far is a huge improvement. What i'm really looking forward to is to see how they deal with road traffic, particularly at night, this would really add to the realism for me if done well. No more trucks and cars driving everywhere at 100mph please!
ORBX has a free traffic fix for FSX ; )

ORBX has a free traffic fix for FSX ; )
The "solution" has been available here (and elsewhere) for over two years already...Simply decompile the LWcfg.SPB file to LWcfg.XML, then edit the file to lower the traffic speed. Done.

Fr. Bill    

Microsoft has posted new photos!
They are looking great!I love the lighting effects which go a long way in making a sim more realistic. :( BTW, with th added "news" just posted they addressed the issuse that you do not need to be connected to the net to run Flight. However, they seem to be advoiding the issues about 3rd party add-ons and this really worrys me as they obviously are aware of our serious concerns about it. :( :(

They are looking great!I love the lighting effects which go a long way in making a sim more realistic. :( BTW, with th added "news" just posted they addressed the issuse that you do not need to be connected to the net to run Flight. However, they seem to be advoiding the issues about 3rd party add-ons and this really worrys me as they obviously are aware of our serious concerns about it. :( :(
Guys, I'm closing this thread.Please continue here.Thx!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.