Sign in to follow this  
yankeegolf3

Simsavvy upgrade

Hi,When I bought Simsavvy more than one year ago, I got 11 western US states on a 400 Gb hard drive. I liked it instantly. It has changed my virtual flying experience for the better. I also bought the 2 VFR sectional atlases by Air chart systems which cover the entire US (excellent books).In the course of last year I received 23 additional eastern states for free. And now I've been told (see today's Avsim news) that I will also get 6 improved eastern states (among those previously released) and all the central states, for free. It means the entire lower states for the initial price of 11!! I can't believe it. Now when I want to fly, I browse through the atlases searching for interesting geological features and here I go, at the discovery of beautiful landscapes. Today for example, I departed from Casper (WY) to Yampa valley (CO). The scenery was gorgeous, beautifully colored hills, sand dunes, nice valleys, lakes, ... What a sight!!That is the best bargain I've ever made with FSX. Besides I've stopped buying any other add on scenery. I've spent 2010 cris-crossing the US , using pilotage as a navigation technique, real weather, enjoying the scenery. I am never tired of it.http://www.sim-savvy.com/index.htmlI just wanted to share my exciting experience with you.I 'll stop for today. I have to prepare my next flight across New Mexico. Tomorrow it will be New Hampshire or Washington, I don't know yet.Take care guys. Thank you for reading.

Hi,When I bought Simsavvy more than one year ago, I got 11 western US states on a 400 Gb hard drive. I liked it instantly. It has changed my virtual flying experience for the better. I also bought the 2 VFR sectional atlases by Air chart systems which cover the entire US (excellent books).In the course of last year I received 23 additional eastern states for free. And now I've been told (see today's Avsim news) that I will also get 6 improved eastern states (among those previously released) and all the central states, for free. It means the entire lower states for the initial price of 11!! I can't believe it. Now when I want to fly, I browse through the atlases searching for interesting geological features and here I go, at the discovery of beautiful landscapes. Today for example, I departed from Casper (WY) to Yampa valley (CO). The scenery was gorgeous, beautifully colored hills, sand dunes, nice valleys, lakes, ... What a sight!!That is the best bargain I've ever made with FSX. Besides I've stopped buying any other add on scenery. I've spent 2010 cris-crossing the US , using pilotage as a navigation technique, real weather, enjoying the scenery. I am never tired of it.http://www.sim-savvy.com/index.htmlI just wanted to share my exciting experience with you.I 'll stop for today. I have to prepare my next flight across New Mexico. Tomorrow it will be New Hampshire or Washington, I don't know yet.Take care guys. Thank you for reading.
I hate to say this but from my read of this it looks & reads like an advertisement! Usually when one expresses their like for a product it might read like this."Wow, just tried blah blah and its' amazing, well worth the cost, just thought I would share my opinion blah blah as other's might be interested." Here is the link to their site, or you can find their link over at blah blah. End. I'm just saying. I could be wrong though, but I 'm just saying. Over at FTX site thousands have provided their views on how great their scenery is and none reads like an advertisement.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I hate to say this but from my read of this it looks & reads like an advertisement! Usually when one expresses their like for a product it might read like this."Wow, just tried blah blah and its' amazing, well worth the cost, just thought I would share my opinion blah blah as other's might be interested." Here is the link to their site, or you can find their link over at blah blah. End. I'm just saying. I could be wrong though, but I 'm just saying. Over at FTX site thousands have provided their views on how great their scenery is and none reads like an advertisement.
Wow...someone shows genuine enthusiasm for a product, and for the excellent follow-up service from the company, and you are complaining that it sounds like an advertisement....seems like a kinda harsh response on your part.I too am a Sim-Saavy customer--and the service its owner provides is top-shelf.This is not an ad, but rather support for a very exciting and good product produced by an entrepreneur who cares. You'd think we'd want to see more such support in our hobby, instead of cynical accusations.BillKGYH

Guest 413X3
Looking at your 2 huge signature pictures, I find your attitude and posts ironic and hypocritical.

I suppose if you fly at high altitudes this scenery wouldn't be too bad...I'll stick with bush, GA, and warbirds with ORBX, REX, UTX, and GEX. I like my FS world to look at least somewhat 3D and high resolution. If I want to mess around with satellite imagery I'll load up Google Earth for free. :(

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Wow...someone shows genuine enthusiasm for a product, and for the excellent follow-up service from the company, and you are complaining that it sounds like an advertisement....seems like a kinda harsh response on your part.BillKGYH
I agree. If it WAS construed as advertising, then we're ALL guilty of shamelessly plugging Orbx, Flight1, PMDG, Level-D and a host of other companies whose products we love and enthuse about on a regular basis! Ian

I agree. If it WAS construed as advertising, then we're ALL guilty of shamelessly plugging Orbx, Flight1, PMDG, Level-D and a host of other companies whose products we love and enthuse about on a regular basis! Ian
Here, Here! If a company has earned the right for their customers to praise them they deserve the accolades. The above mentioned are worthy of customer adoration. Others developers have long and endless threads here at Avsim that reflect their product value, customer support or both. When a simmer includes a company logo in their signature they are making a statement that they support that product. I do it word of mouth in real life. The camera I take pictures with, the van I drive or the great local restaurant I eat at. I for one appreciate hearing from satisfied customers highlighting a product I may not be familiar with. If the OP were part of the development team then according to the Avsim rules it would be clearly inappropriate.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

It's hard for a commercial forum member to post opinions and comments without promoting their own product. bwallis is partially correct in saying that the comment/post was an advertisement. It was both. Jean-Michel is my best customer/friend. He could have e-mailed me directly with those comments but he chose to share his enthusiasm with others. And like an advertisement it brings attention to my product and (in theory) increases sales.Forums are important tools that benefit many people in many ways. I first discovered photoreal scenery at a forum. When I thought I had a product for sale I went to the forums for feedback. And now I use forums for exposure (free advertising) and I use news releases for the same reason. I am not alone. But to abide by forum and news release rules I have to choose my words carefully. And actually have to have some news or valid comment to make. If you search my past forum comments you will see I have received a lot of negative and discouraging comments regarding my efforts. But not one negative comment from a customer who has actually tried the product to date. Any comment whether positive or negative generates more forum views and viewers, giving me more exposure and yes more free advertising. So on that thought, I thank you both.The value of a harsh comment is that it either leads to a sharp rebuttal or a harsh reality.My glass is half full of water & half full of air

While I don't want developers posting on the forums tooting their own horns and blatantly promoting their own products, I do want people who have purchased those products to let us know what they think of them.How else are we to know what addons are worthwhile to own and which ones to stay away from?

NAX669.png

I too, am a satisfied customer of the sim savvy product. I appreciate his efforts, and that he continues to improve the product. As well as making the improvements available at no additional cost. The improvements include both additional states being covered, as well as improved replacement state coverage. If you have not done so, download the free southern FLA. coverage area. It is very well done!Jim

The thing I cant understand is that Larrys great product ( I am another very happy user BTW) has only sold not even a hundred units. That just beggars belief that a product offering such good value and such excellent feedback from everyone who uses it ( including Avsims's own GeoffA BTW) has not done better. i know larry has worked tirelessly to produce this, and has been so dissapointed by the lack of response. its a crying shame that hard working hobby developers like larry dont do better out of their efforts. Maybe the news of this excellent free upgrade will tempt some more of you into buying. I hope so.And the other thing that annoys me is that the people who always leap in and criticise are nearly always ardent Orbx fanbois... that scenery is good, but it certainly does not look any more real than photoscenery.Cheers, Mark

Guest MarkP3637

Hi all,I have purchased the Sim Savvy Scenery and have been using it for a few months now. I have been happy with it. I use it for both low and slow VFR flying but I also like how it looks from high altitude flying over many states. I wanted the ground to look like what I would be seeing if I flew over it in real life. While photoscenery isn't perfect it does give us a sense of what an actual area looks like from a pilot's perspective. It does have somewhat of a flat look, but that is the nature of any photoscenery without autogen. I downloaded a sample from Larry's website before I bought the product. I liked the sample and have been happy since I made the purchase. If you like photoscenery this is a great way to get a whole lot of it for a good value. Also the developer has quickly responded to the emails I have sent with questions about the scenery and the settings to use to make it look the best. I am looking forward to the upgrade.Mark

Looking at your 2 huge signature pictures, I find your attitude and posts ironic and hypocritical.
Not to mention that two such banner pictures are in violation of AVSIM's TOS... :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Dear fellow simmers. Been busy just catching up on posts, haven't had a chance to respond. Please read the last line in my inital post.I could be wrong though, but I 'm just saying. Over at FTX site thousands have provided their views on how great their scenery is and none reads like an advertisement. I have been around a while - that would mean in the flightsim community, not that I am starting to become an old man according to my adult kids; anyone who knows me and my contributions to simming,freeware developments knows that no ill was ever intended. The older I get the more cynical I get. I was meaning, if this is a post, then it sure sounds like an advertisement.. Not meant to be hypocritical.Sorry folks, I obviously was wrong.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3