Sign in to follow this  
cmeeks

My Sandy Bridge Experience

You know Paul, your constant negativity and insults to just about everyone in these forums is getting most tiresome. Are you sure you want to hang out here just to smear and slur peaceable and respectful members? Don't you think that if you moved on and got positively involved in something else somewhere else, you might be able to make a fresh start? I hope you consider making the break.Kind regards,

Guest freebird77
You know Paul, your constant negativity and insults to just about everyone in these forums is getting most tiresome. Are you sure you want to hang out here just to smear and slur peaceable and respectful members? Don't you think that if you moved on and got positively involved in something else somewhere else, you might be able to make a fresh start? I hope you consider making the break.Kind regards,
Sure Steve, yeah. Its just hardware, get over it.

You know Paul, your constant negativity and insults to just about everyone in these forums is getting most tiresome. Are you sure you want to hang out here just to smear and slur peaceable and respectful members? Don't you think that if you moved on and got positively involved in something else somewhere else, you might be able to make a fresh start? I hope you consider making the break.I agree with you. No need to get all excited. I am enjoying this thread. On a side note, all my parts have arrived for the 2600k build. However I'm going to wait until I get a fixed MB.

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Paul, my I5 was not crippled, don't worry about that. I'm surprised you didn't pull the "it's just a Lynnfield" card hehe.And about AVX I can't explain why FSX looks better on SB clock for clock but...

It is nil, almost imeasurable as was to be expected with FSX
this is obviously wrong. As a matter of fact considering how all the older benchmarks like Cinebench 10 are also scoring higher than Nehelem/Westmere clock for clock it's you who should explain why you expected FSX to behave any other way

Gary,Understand where you think this might be sound and logical but what you are saying is like saying that new DX11 processes and the hardware that uses them can increase perfomance of FSX since FSX uses the 3D3 runtime, but we all know it cant and it wont.I have nothing I need to prove, For more than a decade I posted accurate anylitical benchmarks in the FS forum here as well as decifered the FS internals with help from some of the best of the best right here in public view,.. things have changed since then and there is no real point in getting into it other than to say that most of the data and current work belongs to other entities and for legal reasons I am happy not to risk going there.What I can tell you is that under benching the SB does have some good advantages for old FSX and the new serries of FS but has little to do with the obvious overclocking headroom /FPS increases. :Whistle:Steven,Yes, we know -SB blows the doors off of FSX.I enjoy your enthusiasm Steven, but really by now we must be aproaching what, 80-90FPS? Good grief, give the hype a rest.
Paul, Negativity is a serious illness. Left untreated, it can manifest itself into patterns of behavior which on the surface seem hostile to others but are really disguised forms of deep rooted insecurity. A common sign is the constant display of “I know more that you” or “you are wrong and I am right” etc. Additionally, even if you are right on the issues, your approach, written demeanor and delivery showcase a lack of respect for others which is of course simply a case of low self esteem.Belittlement of others to bolster the small and little internal “me” are classic and well documented warning signs that someone needs help. Please feel free to PM me and I would be more than happy to provide some immediate short term counseling until you can establish the long term care that you need.Sincerely, Scott

Gary,Understand where you think this might be sound and logical but what you are saying is like saying that new DX11 processes and the hardware that uses them can increase perfomance of FSX since FSX uses the 3D3 runtime, but we all know it cant and it wont.I have nothing I need to prove, For more than a decade I posted accurate anylitical benchmarks in the FS forum here as well as decifered the FS internals with help from some of the best of the best right here in public view,.. things have changed since then and there is no real point in getting into it other than to say that most of the data and current work belongs to other entities and for legal reasons I am happy not to risk going there. What I can tell you is that under benching the SB does have some good advantages for old FSX and the new serries of FS but has little to do with the obvious overclocking headroom /FPS increases. :Whistle:
I just caught your specs in your signature and finished chuckling. You are obviously an intelligent person Paul, are you sure that I cannot convenience you to substantiate your position? I feel I have much that I could learn by it. I am still thinking that regardless of what FSX uses (I have no clue) that it does not preclude other systems and devices from benefiting from the new architecture hence providing overall better results. Please appreciate I am only curious. I find all of this computing matter intriguing. I can say my move from a QX6700 to the i7-2600 was a substantial leap in performance for which I am pleased. I would have appreciated the same boost had it been from an i7-950, I am sure, so I am not purely crediting the Sandy Bridge for the success.

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

All I can say 4 cores on 5 ghz is the best we have had to run FSX since the get go, so I say its a good thing, the oc headroom was not there before, its here now, so why not enjoy it for those who choose too or can:)

Simon

I have no idea about the internals of SB and how the new architecture helps FSX perform better clock for clock but the thing is it does, as it does in many other old apps with no support for AVX instructions... and I don't think that somone who wasn't even aware of the lack of a QPI link in SB would know better

I think he already got a fresh start. I maybe wrong, but I think freebird77 is the old member Shockwave who was once banned for insulting *******(Bojote).
EDIT: BTW, freebird77.. there is something strangely familiar about you. do we know each other? I think its your signature.
Do you find my sig offensive or something? Its a rip from something but I dont remember what. Will pm you sometime.
Don't worry, its just that the sig was used by someone with the nick 'Shockwave' a while ago, Shockwave was posting anonymously so he could insult me publicly while I was researching new FSX tweaks back in April. No big deal. It simply surprised me you had the same sig.
:--)))))))))))))))Same feeling here. Strange, no?
I have Psychic powers amigo! ;) Still waiting for the Roadie warriors to show up... they are taking longer than usual lol!
:Cry: :o :Cry: :unsure: :Cry:
Nice seing you back here anyway :--)

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Ok, that explains so many things... <_<

Ok, that explains so many things... <_<
Yes, it sure does. I thought there was something uncomfortably familiar about that obvious strain of invectiveness. Kind of sad really, great skill and background knowledge, but the belligerence mitigates the benefits.Kind regards,
Please gents, everybody is coming here to pass a little of their knowledge and their opinion. It is not a matter of life or death! It is only hardware of which we are obsessed and itchy to upgrade the minute it hits the market.So if somone puts their opinion across it doesn't mean that they are a negative person. From someones point of view, maybe they look and see 15% improvement is not enough to waste their money for upgrade. It seems like you spend more time in this forum instead of enjoying the fly sim. Enjoy the life!
Good point Dez, time to fly away (from the surly bonds of earth and all that), and leave everything else behind. The last thing I want to do is get close enough in here to catch the all too often prevailing highly contagious sarcastic subculture. It's not worth it. :smile: Kind regards,

Please gents, everybody is coming here to pass a little of their knowledge and their opinion. It is not a matter of life or death! It is only hardware of which we are obsessed and itchy to upgrade the minute it hits the market.So if somone puts their opinion across it doesn't mean that they are a negative person. From someones point of view, maybe they look and see 15% improvement is not enough to waste their money for upgrade. It seems like you spend more time in this forum instead of enjoying the fly sim. Enjoy the life!
Dez,You make a good point, but I just want to point out that coming here to get good info from fellow simmers is part of the enjoyment of flight sim. Freebird is entitled to his own opinions, for sure, but the fact is he has been very negative and his "opinions" seem to entitle him to belittle and insult others. I can think of three threads in which he's asserted his so called "opinions" in the last three days! I'm happy people have called him out and I think it was necessary. Now let's move on!Thanks,Corey Meeks

Corey Meeks

Flight Simulator - FS2020 | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Video Card - Sapphire RX 5700 XT Main Board - ASUS ROG Strix X570-I mini-ITX | RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 2x16Gb DDR4 3600Mhz CL16 | Monitor - DELL 38" U3818DW (3840x1600) | Case - Cooler Master NR200 | CPU Cooling - Noctua NH-U12A | Power Supply - Corsair SF750 | 6x Phanteks T30 120x30mm Fans

Download: FSXMark11 Benchmark and post results here

Guest freebird77

Some of guys are real funny, the same ones who guess at things, make recommendations about hardware and make far fetched statements with no background knowledge and find it ok to offer advice about things which you do not possess working knowlege about. Worse when the first correction comes along you are the ones that take it as insult as in how dare some one ruin your day by dismissing a wrong thought just because it happens to be yours or it is popular with you, even when its been backed up from outside sources you cant even be man enough to admit it and resort to slander the work of reputable people, “Sponsored reviews” Nice! or instead of staying on topic we have those that resort to “yourbeing negative” etcYeah sure- cast the first stone.Steven I love your enthusiasm, really. But you have to admit that on EVERY occasion of a new tweak it always seem to produce magic on your system regardless that it was a real tweak or no we could always count on a comment from you about how FSX is now a whole new sim! Same with ANY hardware changes etc etc etc Sorry my old friend but I find that beyond annoying at a certan point and am really sorry to part ways or hurt your feelings on the matter, was not the intention. Insulting? How many of you guys find it an easy discussion to argue with the idiots that slandered NASA about not landing on the Moon? (even though USSR who tracked the whole mission never argued about its success). I am sorry if I lack the patience that according to you I should have, but really Corey, go back and read the cooler post – Insulting? Where? The points made in that reply were and are simply true and accurate based on fact and daily experience as a dev and a professional with access to almost unlimited resourses regarding FS/software and hardware.Instead of arguing with you which I said I wouldn’t do the post was backed up from outside sources from all over..But instead of acknowledging anything or thanking me for providing you with good info you choose to now to inaccurately say I was negative –Way to man up! Noobs on what is now just a noob site thats what you want? That is so sadly shallow. May you enjoy! That is the reality plain as day, thanks to the over eagerness of some and the obvious mentality to ban individuals that dare point out a flaw in some incorrect advice or and why you now have no real depth or experience posting here anymore…and now you have one less. Its no problem, I wish you all peace and success with how you spend your hard earned cash and pitty others that come here to what remains. I have asked the mods to del my account as I'll have no part in this.

Stephen - sent you a PM when you have the chance to take a look :)dazz - Nice 5 !What vcore and settings did it take to get there?

Guest PFL
Some of guys are real funny, the same ones who guess at things, make recommendations about hardware and make far fetched statements with no background knowledge and find it ok to offer advice about things which you do not possess working knowlege about. Worse when the first correction comes along you are the ones that take it as insult as in how dare some one ruin your day by dismissing a wrong thought just because it happens to be yours or it is popular with you, even when its been backed up from outside sources you cant even be man enough to admit it and resort to slander the work of reputable people, “Sponsored reviews” Nice! or instead of staying on topic we have those that resort to “yourbeing negative” etcYeah sure- cast the first stone.Steven I love your enthusiasm, really. But you have to admit that on EVERY occasion of a new tweak it always seem to produce magic on your system regardless that it was a real tweak or no we could always count on a comment from you about how FSX is now a whole new sim! Same with ANY hardware changes etc etc etc Sorry my old friend but I find that beyond annoying at a certan point and am really sorry to part ways or hurt your feelings on the matter, was not the intention. Insulting? How many of you guys find it an easy discussion to argue with the idiots that slandered NASA about not landing on the Moon? (even though USSR who tracked the whole mission never argued about its success). I am sorry if I lack the patience that according to you I should have, but really Corey, go back and read the cooler post – Insulting? Where? The points made in that reply were and are simply true and accurate based on fact and daily experience as a dev and a professional with access to almost unlimited resourses regarding FS/software and hardware.Instead of arguing with you which I said I wouldn’t do the post was backed up from outside sources from all over..But instead of acknowledging anything or thanking me for providing you with good info you choose to now to inaccurately say I was negative –Way to man up! Noobs on what is now just a noob site thats what you want? That is so sadly shallow. May you enjoy! That is the reality plain as day, thanks to the over eagerness of some and the obvious mentality to ban individuals that dare point out a flaw in some incorrect advice or and why you now have no real depth or experience posting here anymore…and now you have one less. Its no problem, I wish you all peace and success with how you spend your hard earned cash and pitty others that come here to what remains. I have asked the mods to del my account as I'll have no part in this.
Sorry to see one more go out from here, remembering NickN, when he quit..I'm a noob, and I ask silly, stupid questions, and I agree with your observations, this place is only for a select few with the right "positive attitude" - nothing wrong with that, but it seems that everybody with a different view is considered bad, very, very bad, unholy maybe?Whistle.gif