Sign in to follow this  
FlyingWild

Just getting started, need advice from pros

Hi guys,I am just getting started again with flight simulator. I used to play around with it before, but I never bought any add-ons and had a crappy computer. Now, I have a dedicated machine with 4TB of room to play.My first question: I am trying to figure out the best traffic simulator for FSX. After some research, I was thinking of Ultimate Traffic 2. Is this a good decision in your opinion? I would love to hear other options. Also, would UT2 allow me to import the AI files from avsim?Thanks guys,

Well, you could try World of AI http://world-of-ai.com/ . There you´ll get over 500 AI packages, some a bit outdated, but excellent models and a selfe installer and it´s free. It´s defnetly worth a try, I´ll never fly without any more.

Well, you could try World of AI http://world-of-ai.com/ . There you´ll get over 500 AI packages, some a bit outdated, but excellent models and a selfe installer and it´s free. It´s defnetly worth a try, I´ll never fly without any more.
Thanks, I forgot about World of AI. Does this mean you wouldn't recommend Ultimate Traffic 2?

I use UT2 and love it.
I second that.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Listen,Ultimate Traffic 2 for traffic.Ground Environment X for ground textures.Ultimate Terrain X for roads,etc.Real Environment X Overdrive for clouds, sky, water themes and a bunch of other stuff.EZCA camera.[enter] payware aircraft of your choosing.Get these addons and you're set.You should apply tweaks to your .cfg file. Will require much testing on your part. Also, look into enb bloom series (to me this change FSX completely)

Listen,Ultimate Traffic 2 for traffic.Ground Environment X for ground textures.Ultimate Terrain X for roads,etc.Real Environment X Overdrive for clouds, sky, water themes and a bunch of other stuff.EZCA camera.[enter] payware aircraft of your choosing.Get these addons and you're set.You should apply tweaks to your .cfg file. Will require much testing on your part. Also, look into enb bloom series (to me this change FSX completely)
Thanks, but I am a little confused. Won't GroundEnvironment X and UltimateTerrainX collide? They are both ground textures.What about ActiveSky? I heard that is amazing.

Thanks, I forgot about World of AI. Does this mean you wouldn't recommend Ultimate Traffic 2?
I do not "not recommend" UT2, I just don´t have any experience and I think I won´t buy it, cause I´m satisfied with WOAI. But that´s just my point of view.

GEX and UTX won't collide with each other. They do two different things entirely. They work beautifully together.Yes, Active Sky X is AWESOME! I can't believe I forgot about it. Also, if you're looking for an ATC add-on, look into Radar Contact.

UTX is land class, ie. it defines which area is industrial, which area is residential, where the roads are, highways, coast, etc.GEX simply places its textures to where UTX designates it to.Two totally different functions.

I used to have MyTrafficX, but I disliked the models. UT2 seems to have much nicer models. WoAI is good, but the traffic files are in a FS9 format, so you might have a compatibility problem in certain airports if you turn on aircaft shadows. UT2 has FSX style traffic files, so you won't have that problem.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Guys, this info is excellent. Thanks for getting me started.Thanks again.
UT2 is brilliant. Btw, I'm about to sell my mint, used once boxed copy, so if you're in the UK or thereabouts check out Ebay next week..Ian

I just love REX. Thanks for telling me. I don't know how I missed it.On the REX site, they say it has its own weather system. Should I also get ActiveSky? Can they play together nicely?

On the REX site, they say it has its own weather system. Should I also get ActiveSky? Can they play together nicely?
Yes.