Sign in to follow this  
FlyingWild

My Two Cents

I know nothing specific about Microsoft Flight, but here is what I think it will be.1. It will use the Unreal 3 engine.2. It will be ported to XBox, the ground detail will be stunning, as in any modern FPS, but it won't contain the world, just 1 or two states of very high detail.3. Additional scenery will be in the XBox Live Marketplace.4. It will be simple, it will not be compatible with FSX, and it will be more a game than a simulator.5.Microsoft will not allow third-party developers.In other words, Nintendo Pilot with Kinnect input.Again, just my opinion, but I usually get Microsoft fairly well. What do you think?

Wrong on all counts. A wasted 2 cents

From what I can see on the Flight website video, it appears that its just FSX, hopefully re-programmed to perform better!I could live with the base program that FSX is but with much better performance.

I know nothing specific about Microsoft Flight, but here is what I think it will be.1. It will use the Unreal 3 engine.2. It will be ported to XBox, the ground detail will be stunning, as in any modern FPS, but it won't contain the world, just 1 or two states of very high detail.3. Additional scenery will be in the XBox Live Marketplace.4. It will be simple, it will not be compatible with FSX, and it will be more a game than a simulator.5.Microsoft will not allow third-party developers.In other words, Nintendo Pilot with Kinnect input.Again, just my opinion, but I usually get Microsoft fairly well. What do you think?
Where do you take your ideas from? It will definately for PC, anything other wouln´t make any sense. Microsoft won´t do a new FS just because they´re nice, they want to make money with it, which is legitim. If they would make it for XBox they would kill themselfe, cause an FS11 on XBox won´t make sense. They have indeed decided to don´t make it backwards compatible, which does not include that they´ll not allow third-party developers. They´ll just make an new game engine, which will maybe work a bit diffrent as the FSX/FS9 one. But they´ll have to keep the structure as easy and open as it´s now or the addons will be a bit complicated do incorporate. I think they´ll talk with the developers and take them into account, well they have to or the FS11 or however you call it will be a total failure.But it´s too early to think about this things, only some early work shots are released with no additional infromation, so you´re ideas are just some shots in the dark. Maybe on one jeat or so we´ll know more.That are my opinionms of that what will be Microsoft Filght aka FS11.
From what I can see on the Flight website video, it appears that its just FSX, hopefully re-programmed to perform better!I could live with the base program that FSX is but with much better performance.
I´ll hope so. An reprogrammed FSX with some special features like cloud shaddows and sloped runways and far better performance should be suffice.Steffen

I know nothing specific about Microsoft Flight, but here is what I think it will be.<snipped for brevity>Again, just my opinion, but I usually get Microsoft fairly well. What do you think?
I think you really should have at least read the official information posted by Microsoft before diving into the empty pool... :( http://www.microsoft.com/games/flight/

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Read the FAQ section of Flights website. It will show you that all your assumptions are wrong. Just check the Flight website and on top of the frame there is a section called FAQ. Also read Mircosofts news update of Dec 2010 in the same website next to FAQ.

You guys seem to have a lot more information than I do. Some of you are way more confident than I can understand. I hope you guys are right of course. :-)Clearly from the FAQ, they want a share of the third-party developers. Also, just because they have a marketplace, it doesn't mean they will allow the same type of third party developers they allow now. As for using the Unreal Tournament 3 engine, I can clearly see now that I was wrong about that.If this is just FS-11, why did they fire the Aces Studio?

what a wasted two cents .. you dont know MS as well as you think you do.  Please read MS Flight website for more details.

I think you really should have at least read the official information posted by Microsoft before diving into the empty pool... :( http://www.microsoft.com/games/flight/
:( Fr Bill, i always read your stuff with interest. Your sense of humor is cool by the way.You will not remember, but thanks again for the gmax plugin package from a few years back. I'm still learning.You're right he did not read the'clippings'.

I know nothing specific about Microsoft Flight, but here is what I think it will be.
Unreal 3 engine was the funniest of your predictions, until I read your second post I thought this thread was purely tongue in cheek. Needless to say I think that your five points are as far from reality as they can possibly be, more than likely you could take the exact opposite of each and be right on the money. Nintendo Pilot with Kinnect rofl... really???Edit: trimmed quote.

come on people, lets not rub it in. He is new and if we were new we may have concluded the same thing. Take it easy on him please.

Thanks Frankla,I am new, but there seems to be a lot of sensitive, or childish members on this thread. Why was everyone so down my throat? Is Microsoft Flight a touchy issue? Other than #1, or #2, I stand by my prediction. Either way, I still love FSX and hope FS-11 is in all our futures.Thanks again,WIld.

Thanks Frankla,I am new, but there seems to be a lot of sensitive, or childish members on this thread. Why was everyone so down my throat? Is Microsoft Flight a touchy issue? Other than #1, or #2, I stand by my prediction. Either way, I still love FSX and hope FS-11 is in all our futures.Thanks again,WIld.
Sorry FlyingWild, i apologize: was just a bit of a fun distraction.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.