Sign in to follow this  
phoenixphire

New product from FSDreamteam

This is an FSX only product and animated jetways are included at many airports be they default or not, so its not an issue in my opinion, it wont be Astronomically Expensive Software either which is nice :)

Cheers, Andy.

This looks really cool.I've been waiting for something like this for a long time that would work at all airports (default or payware) and not require purchasing credits. Plus the animations look great. I'll be buying it the day its realeased.
This is an FSX only product and animated jetways are included at many airports be they default or not, so its not an issue in my opinion, it wont be Astronomically Expensive Software either which is nice :)
Looks fantastic. If the price is right, I'll be picking it up as well.

Alexander Alonso

After getting home and seeing the video on a bigger screen in contrast to my phone, I don't think this product is really all that great, that one baggage handler seemed pretty rough on that one red suitcase. wink.gif I am really getting excited about this product what would be really nice is if they had some options for cargo haulers. Some animated loaders like the Captainsim cargo loader would really put this product over the top. I would love to see freight being put into my PMDG 747F. I will be waiting for this product anxiously along with a couple others. 1. NGX 2. KLAX 3. KSFO 4. GSX Nail%20Biting.gif

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Good thing they don't work for my company. The guy driving the bag rig would be unemployed for driving under the wing of an aircraft. A major faux pas! :(

NAX669.png

That may be true but GSX is about a lot more than just the people and don't forget this is a very early preview most likely too.

Cheers, Andy.

After getting home and seeing the video on a bigger screen in contrast to my phone, I don't think this product is really all that great, that one baggage handler seemed pretty rough on that one red suitcase.
So it's realistic! LOL
Orbx Peopleflow looks better.
Yeah but I believe it's only for their airports... at the moment...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

If you mean smoother, the issue is the video we posted on Youtube looks quite jerky, but that's only because of Fraps, is totally smooth in the sim. We'll surely make better videos in future previews.If you mean better animations, that's not really a big issue, they'll surely be improved in the final version. People might think doing the animation is the difficult thing, but it's not. The difficult thing is allowing the animations to work at any place, with any airplane, at any airport. Doing animations that works only in a specific place or with a specific airplane is very easy. Maybe not exactly "easy", but you can concentrate all your effort doing the actual animations or having the models looking good, because there's nothing else to do when doing canned animations.Most of our work until today wasn't on the graphic side but, instead, the huge foundation work that is needed to make the difference from an "eye-candy" only product which is basically just a decoration for a specific scenery, and a "usable" product, which can be really used anywhere. Decorations gets old very fast, an usable product will be actually *used*To do this, we first had to do the following:- Write a whole object-oriented programming language (based on Python) which links FSX, Simconnect, the animation system, the sound system, and lots of other sub-systems, from multi-tasking to scheduling, etc. A script language is mandatory to give meaning and interactivity to objects.- Reading the AFCAD structure of the currently loaded airport, and implementing algorithms (using the above script language) which allows for the various services and animation to adapt to every scenery. We use quite a bit of complex pathfinding here, which is used by vehicles, follow-me cars, push back, etc.- Write a sound engine to allow fully custom 3d sound based on OpenAL, bypassing the FSX sound engine entirely, allowing for any possible sound customization, like sounds in sync with the actual animations, that comes from the correct direction depending where the objects is located compared to your seating position (in 5.1 too, if you have the setup), and this gives an entirely different sense of immersion.We made the first test with animated people about 2 years ago and, if we were satisfied with just showing animated people in our sceneries, we could have released back then. But we decided not to limit to just decorating our sceneries (an animated character is not any different than a waving flag, really...) but, so worked on the foundations first, which is why we can finally have something which is really usable by anyone and with a global scope.Improving the actual animations or the look of the objects will be rather easy, now the complex part is done.

Can't quite agree if only because the FSDT product has people and vehicles doing things with at least some rhyme and reason rather than a bunch of people walking around somewhat randomly.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

looking great!I saw that it mentions marshallers. I wonder if it will have actual working marshallers guiding you to the gates at every airport. That alone would be a great feature! it's looking really good.thank you

I saw that it mentions marshallers. I wonder if it will have actual working marshallers guiding you to the gates at every airport. That alone would be a great feature! it's looking really good.
Yes, it will have working marshallers, fully animated with the same methods as the baggage loaders. And, working push back too.

Yes, it will have working marshallers, fully animated with the same methods as the baggage loaders. And, working push back too.
excellent news! looking forward to this!

Folks, I know this will be off-topic, but there' ve been 2 monthes since I can't get to FSDreamteam website. I've tried to acces it from different PCs and browsers, but all I get are that pages on screenshots (attached). What's wrong? :(

Emil Irapetov

Folks, I know this will be off-topic, but there' ve been 2 monthes since I can't get to FSDreamteam website. I've tried to acces it from different PCs and browsers, but all I get are that pages on screenshots (attached). What's wrong?
Your IP must have been catched by the anti-spam filter, if you can send me a PM with your IP address ( check it here http://whatismyipaddress.com/ ), we'll have a look at the settings and possibly whitelist you.

Well as much as I was looking forward to the ORBX people Flow, I now have to admit I am even more excited about this product looking at all of the things that it will offer. Now I will have to wait for an expected date of release but seeing as there are only 8 1/2 months left in 2011, how bad can it be?