Sign in to follow this  
mwilk

Cockpit videos

I have about half a dozen Just Planes videos and enjoy seeing how the pros do it. A couple of my favorites are the Air Canada 777 and the Lauda 737. Which ones are your favorites?

NAX669.png

Love those Just Planes DVD's.I have Atlas Air Cargo, and Polar Air Cargo, two of my favorite 747 videos!Chris

Chris Bremmer

My favorite has always been one of the earliest ones ever made.It was called '747 a Pilot's eye view', it was made in the 1980's by a PeopleExpress 747 captain.The quality is poor by todays video standards, its not one of those video's where the captainexplains the systems to you. They just put a mini-cam behind the Captains ear and let it roll.Its a relatively short video, in fact only the last 15 minutes or so is even live cockpit action,but its a very interesting 15 minutes. Tough wind landing in Vegas, break overheat after reverserslocked on them coming into Gatwick. You hear all the interaction between the 3 cockpit crewmembers, ATCand even some cabin announcements.Like I said the production quality is not nearly up to todays standards, But there's something special about it IMO.Very hard to find today, I've only seen some used (VHS) copies of it on Amazon.Edit: Turns out some clips of it are on youtube (I should have known, lol).http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_98EpxcA7o&feature=relatedRegards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

I have about half a dozen Just Planes videos and enjoy seeing how the pros do it. A couple of my favorites are the Air Canada 777 and the Lauda 737. Which ones are your favorites?
I like the Flight Video Productions - Pilatus PC12 video.Complete coverage of the plane inside and outside and allthe flight techniques required to fly the plane.

Bert

I own over 180 aviation DVD's. My favorite's are the ITVV Martinair MD-11, WAR Air Atlanta Icelandic 747-400F, WAR Oasis 747-400 trianing, WAR Tuifly 737NG, WAR Arkefly 767/737NG.I'm not a "look out the window" or lets see the cabin service type viewer. I want to see the line guys in action including the pre flight preperations and so on. As well as seeing the line guys FLYING. The above mentioned DVD's do a great job of this. Very informative....

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Ernie, that 747 captain is working it pretty hard to land with that wind shear.Altstiff, I have that Martinaire MD-11 video. That captain does a great job of explaining the systems and exactly what they're doing.

NAX669.png

Yes it is a great DVD as are the two you mention as well. Great watching the Lauda crew navigate around the CB's!Yes it is a great DVD as are the two you mention as well. Great watching the Lauda crew navigate around the CB's!

Guest wims

I absolutely LOVE ITVVs Concorde DVD and their MD-11 DVD is a close second.

True the Concorde one does rock as well.

For me the two that I love are the Don Grange 747 Heathrow to Kai Tak, and the Virgin Atlantic Heathrow to SFO.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Thought it may be a different style of "Cockpit" videos, the Angle of Attack series of training videos are pretty darn good.

My favorite has always been one of the earliest ones ever made.It was called '747 a Pilot's eye view', it was made in the 1980's by a PeopleExpress 747 captain.
Hi Ernie,Got a copy of that off eBay a few years ago. It is indeed an excellent production!Other ones I'd recommend are JustPlanes' Air Canada DVDs, Viking Aviation Photo B773, and I can't think of more off the top of my head but with JustPlanes/World Air Routes and Viking Aviation Photo you can't go wrong...Tim

Tim, My son got me the Air Canada 777-300 video for my birthday. I thought the crew did a great job of explaining the systems and what they were doing. I enjoyed it so much that I just ordered the AC 777-200 video.

NAX669.png