so should I keep the PSU I have or buy another one with lower wattage, do I get the 80 + Gold or Silver or Bronze, modular or not.....I am so far beyond confused

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Is it this one?http://www.tigerdire...Sku=ULT-LSP750#If it is, it's not like you NEED to change it. It has plenty of power and it will work for sure, but if you want to upgrade to a good PSU, you have to factor:+-How much wattage you need in the 12V rail. No, you don't need 850W at all-Quality of the signal (good voltage regulation, ripple supression)-Efficiency. The rating does not say it all-Modularity: some don't really care, it's a matter of personal preference and how anal you are when it comes to cable management

I dont really know. I want to get AWESOME performance on the 2600k OCed to 5.0 ghz + Ill be uograding my GTX 480 for a 580 and I wanna OC that too, Ièm going to get an SSD + a few HDs and 2000mhz RAm with Low Letancy.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Both the Antec and the XFX i linked will handle all that and are great quality.The XFX has better modularity and if you care about paying a couple extra dollars a year for the electricity, it's also a bit more efficient, but if you're not going to sleep at night if you get less than 850W, go ahead and pick the AX850

Both the Antec and the XFX i linked will handle all that and are great quality.The XFX has better modularity and if you care about paying a couple extra dollars a year for the electricity, it's also a bit more efficient, but if you're not going to sleep at night if you get less than 850W, go ahead and pick the AX850
Ok, well I was wondering because you have the ATX 850 in your sig. I'm slowly learning learning about all this stuff

Ron Hamilton

Ok, well I was wondering because you have the ATX 850 in your sig. I'm slowly learning learning about all this stuff
I know. When I switched to SB I decided to go with a SLI ready mobo and PSU, unlike my previous P55 setup, just in case MSFlight needs it... with MS you never know LOLMost likely that will prove unnecessary, but who knows

I've been running an Enermax MODU82+, probably looking at an MODU87+ on my SB build, but if modular isn't a big deal for you the PRO87+ is a bit cheaper.scott s..

I won't say efficency rating is not important at all, but you have to search for serious reviews that put the PSU to the test:XFX 750WCorsair AX850And if you don't mind total modularity and a bit less efficiency, this one is still great and the price is good:Antec Truepower New 650http://www.jonnyguru...Story2&reid=140
I had a 650W TT and it started sending the PSU code at boot when I got my GTX 260. Once it got into Windows it was fine, but the POST code bugged me. I would say if you're going GTX 580 like I now have, maybe 750W is better. I went 850.Kdub

Ok, here is the build, tell me what you guys think. Thanks XFX 750W Black Edition Single Rail Modular ATX 12V 62A 24PIN ATX Power Supply 80PLUS Silver Intel Core i7 2600K Quad Core Unlocked Hyperthreading Processor LGA1155 3.4GHZ Sandy Bridge 8MB ASUS P8P67 Deluxe ATX LGA1155 P67 3PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 2PCI Sandy Bridge B3 MotherboardCorsair Performance 3 Series 128GB SATA3 6GB/S Marvell 2.5IN Solid State Disk Drive SSD G.SKILL Ripjaws X F3-10666CL9D-8GBXL 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1333 CL9-9-9-24 Memory I have a EVGA GTX 480 I have a 1T HD I have Noctua NH-D14 Is it all compatible, over-kill, this is an FSX only computer and I want very very very good performance with the NGX and ORBX Scenery. I was thinking maybe the 2600k is to much, get the 2500k instead but what board do I need I cannot use the P6P67 board right

Ron Hamilton

Ok, here is the build, tell me what you guys think. Thanks XFX 750W Black Edition Single Rail Modular ATX 12V 62A 24PIN ATX Power Supply 80PLUS Silver Intel Core i7 2600K Quad Core Unlocked Hyperthreading Processor LGA1155 3.4GHZ Sandy Bridge 8MB ASUS P8P67 Deluxe ATX LGA1155 P67 3PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 2PCI Sandy Bridge B3 MotherboardCorsair Performance 3 Series 128GB SATA3 6GB/S Marvell 2.5IN Solid State Disk Drive SSD G.SKILL Ripjaws X F3-10666CL9D-8GBXL 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1333 CL9-9-9-24 Memory I have a EVGA GTX 480 I have a 1T HD I have Noctua NH-D14 Is it all compatible, over-kill, this is an FSX only computer and I want very very very good performance with the NGX and ORBX Scenery. I was thinking maybe the 2600k is to much, get the 2500k instead but what board do I need I cannot use the P6P67 board right
Nice job on SSD choice. I have the same drive, and 410Mb/s is sweeettt! I love it. As for the 2500k vs the 2600k:They are both socket 1155, and either one will work on a P6P67 board. Again, you CAN use the 2500k with the same board. I would get the 2500k because fsx can't utilize HT and the 0.1GHz difference in the base clock won't matter when you OC. So, yeah, I'd get the 2500k. =)

Nice job on SSD choice. I have the same drive, and 410Mb/s is sweeettt! I love it. As for the 2500k vs the 2600k:They are both socket 1155, and either one will work on a P6P67 board. Again, you CAN use the 2500k with the same board. I would get the 2500k because fsx can't utilize HT and the 0.1GHz difference in the base clock won't matter when you OC. So, yeah, I'd get the 2500k. =)
ok ya Ryan suggested that too. RAM ok for that board and processor? how about the PSU good enough?

Ron Hamilton

ok ya Ryan suggested that too. RAM ok for that board and processor? how about the PSU good enough?
I still stand by my recommendation for the high quality PSU... Yeah it's $$$ but it's the backbone of your system!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I still stand by my recommendation for the high quality PSU... Yeah it's $$ but it's the backbone of your system!
Ok, which one was that again, Im from Canada

Ron Hamilton

Ron Hamilton