Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

You need faster ramz! I'm still on the fence as to whether or not 8GB is necessary for FSX and I certainly don't want to stir that debate up here. Personally, I went with 8GB purely out of caution. I'll link a few sets of ram in order of decreasing performance (ignoring price). Any one of the sets I link would be a solid choice. You be the judge of budget and whether or not you want 4GB or 8GB. Keep in mind that memory doesn't have a tremendous impact on FSX performance, but like anything else, it's all those little bits that add up.Highest performance4GB 2133 7-10-7-278GB 2133 9-11-9-288GB 1600 7-8-7-24Lowest performance

Corey Meeks

Flight Simulator - FS2020 | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Video Card - Sapphire RX 5700 XT Main Board - ASUS ROG Strix X570-I mini-ITX | RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 2x16Gb DDR4 3600Mhz CL16 | Monitor - DELL 38" U3818DW (3840x1600) | Case - Cooler Master NR200 | CPU Cooling - Noctua NH-U12A | Power Supply - Corsair SF750 | 6x Phanteks T30 120x30mm Fans

Download: FSXMark11 Benchmark and post results here

You need faster ramz! I'm still on the fence as to whether or not 8GB is necessary for FSX and I certainly don't want to stir that debate up here. Personally, I went with 8GB purely out of caution. I'll link a few sets of ram in order of decreasing performance (ignoring price). Any one of the sets I link would be a solid choice. You be the judge of budget and whether or not you want 4GB or 8GB. Keep in mind that memory doesn't have a tremendous impact on FSX performance, but like anything else, it's all those little bits that add up.Highest performance4GB 2133 7-10-7-278GB 2133 9-11-9-288GB 1600 7-8-7-24Lowest performance
4GB 2133 7-10-7-27 that ram there, can I buy one more stick to bring it up too 6 GB somehow?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

There's always the risk with adding sticks that you won't be able to run it at its rated speed and timings. I like to avoid potential headaches any time I can - so to avoid potential OOM erros by going with 4GB of ram and to avoid the hassle of having to drop the timings or speed from adding extra sticks to get 8GB, I would probably just fork over the extra money for the 2133 9-11-9-28 memory. But I suppose I toss money around a little more loosely than some. Memory sets are guaranteed to run at their advertised speed and timings when kept as a set. That guarantee doesn't extend to extra sticks of memory.Had my budget been a little tighter, I probably would have gone with the 4GB set of 2133 7-10-7-27 memory and risked the OOM errors. Plenty of people around here are using 4GB of memory without any issues. However, I really wanted 8GB because my FSX computer is my everything computer - office, CAD, photo editing, internet browsing, and everything else.

Corey Meeks

Flight Simulator - FS2020 | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Video Card - Sapphire RX 5700 XT Main Board - ASUS ROG Strix X570-I mini-ITX | RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 2x16Gb DDR4 3600Mhz CL16 | Monitor - DELL 38" U3818DW (3840x1600) | Case - Cooler Master NR200 | CPU Cooling - Noctua NH-U12A | Power Supply - Corsair SF750 | 6x Phanteks T30 120x30mm Fans

G.SKILL Ripjaws X + Turbulence II Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) Desktop Memory Model F3-17000CL9D-8GBXLDThat's the one that I'll get then your saying?

Ron Hamilton

For an 8GB set, that's the one I would go with. By the way, the fan that comes with it probably won't be necessary at all if your case has decent air flow.

Corey Meeks

For an 8GB set, that's the one I would go with. By the way, the fan that comes with it probably won't be necessary at all if your case has decent air flow.
k sweet thank man. Hey more question. I cannot find a P6P7 or w/e it is thats DOESN"T have SLI....I will never SLI so am I paying more for having a board that is Capable of it?

Ron Hamilton

k sweet thank man. Hey more question. I cannot find a P6P7 or w/e it is thats DOESN"T have SLI....I will never SLI so am I paying more for having a board that is Capable of it?
I didnt look to see if there is, but SLI is basically the standard feature now. I don't know that you are really paying extra for it per sé, because it is pretty standard on 1155, 1156, and 1366. If you were looking at 775, then maybe, but for most new platforms you're not really paying extra. If you need just basic features, you might consider a M-ATX board. You might find one of those w/o SLI, but then again I'm not looking. Anywho, I think you're good to go with the board that you've already chosen.=)

No SLI supported in the P8P67

The ram was in my cart and I went to buy it today and its off the website,,,newegg.ca or NCIX.com. Now I need another type to buy, sorry for being a pain in the &@($* I'm just learning all this again/

Ron Hamilton

Ordered this tonight! Ideas?Intel Core i5 2500K Quad Core Unlocked Processor LGA1155 3.3GHZ Sandy Bridge 6MBASUS P8P67 Deluxe ATX LGA1155 P67 3PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 2PCI Sandy Bridge B3 Motherboard XFX 750W Black Edition Single Rail Modular ATX 12V 62A 24PIN ATX Power Supply 80PLUS SilverEVGA GTX 480 (owned it with my old build)Noctua NH-D14 LGA1155/1156/1366/AM3 I7/I5/PHENOM Heatpipe Cooler W/ NF-P14 140MM & NF-P12 120MM FanI now need RAM. Few people helped me out and I was ready to buy but it dissappeared in my Cart!!! I think I need either 6 or 8 gig, something VERY fast and something that will support my PC at 5.0ghz. I plan to really overclock this CPU. I currently have a normal SATA 1TD Hard-Drive and I didn't get a SSD because they are really expensive and people where saying that I need to have FSX and the OS on the same SSD in order to benefit my FSX performance. Any help with the ram? I tired to find the exact same ram on another Canadian site but I cannot find any! Cheers PS: Tell me what you guys think?

Ron Hamilton