HEAT SINK: Noctua NH-D14 LGA1155/1156/1366/AM3 I7/I5/PHENOM Heatpipe Cooler W/ NF-P14 140MM & NF-P12 120MM FanPSU: Corsair TX950W 950-Watt Power Supply - 950 Watt, ATX, PCIe, SLI-Ready, 80 Plus BronzeThis is for my planned SB 2600k + ASUS P6P67 Board, you guys check this for me and let me know if I've done good? Thanks mcuh

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

HEAT SINK: Noctua NH-D14 LGA1155/1156/1366/AM3 I7/I5/PHENOM Heatpipe Cooler W/ NF-P14 140MM & NF-P12 120MM FanPSU: Corsair TX950W 950-Watt Power Supply - 950 Watt, ATX, PCIe, SLI-Ready, 80 Plus BronzeThis is for my planned SB 2600k + ASUS P6P67 Board, you guys check this for me and let me know if I've done good? Thanks mcuh
I think you'll love the Noctua! It's top notch, but BIG.I think 950 watts is over kill for an FSX system with a single GPU, and that it's not modular 'erks' me. Just my 2 cents. :biggrin: You'll like it, though!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Yeah, 950W is overkill by a long shot. It's a great PSU anyway, but why get a TRI-SLI PSU for a system with a mobo that won't even allow DUAL SLI?You'd be better off with a HX650 for example. Cheaper, more efficient, better voltage regulation, better ripple suppression, modular (You have 6xPCIe connectors there and you'll only be using 2) ...You'll love the NH-D14!

Agreed - 950W is overkill. At that price, I would want 80 plus gold certification and modular cables. Compare either of these:$189.99 - Corsair AX850$194.99 - Seasonic X-850Look at any of the really high-end Seasonic power supplies on newegg and you will see they all get excellent reviews (5 eggs).

Corey Meeks

Flight Simulator - FS2020 | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Video Card - Sapphire RX 5700 XT Main Board - ASUS ROG Strix X570-I mini-ITX | RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 2x16Gb DDR4 3600Mhz CL16 | Monitor - DELL 38" U3818DW (3840x1600) | Case - Cooler Master NR200 | CPU Cooling - Noctua NH-U12A | Power Supply - Corsair SF750 | 6x Phanteks T30 120x30mm Fans

Download: FSXMark11 Benchmark and post results here

Already then, I'll send the PSU back, I thought I need something better, I currently have an Ultra 750 W and its a piece of crap!What is modular mean in a PSU?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

A modular PSU means the cables can be disconnected from the PSU. This allows you to plug in only the cables you need in order to make cable management easier. Otherwise you're left bundling up the unused cables and hiding them somewhere in your computer case.a_seasonic_xseries_power_supply-600x475.jpg

Corey Meeks

Flight Simulator - FS2020 | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Video Card - Sapphire RX 5700 XT Main Board - ASUS ROG Strix X570-I mini-ITX | RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 2x16Gb DDR4 3600Mhz CL16 | Monitor - DELL 38" U3818DW (3840x1600) | Case - Cooler Master NR200 | CPU Cooling - Noctua NH-U12A | Power Supply - Corsair SF750 | 6x Phanteks T30 120x30mm Fans

Thanks man,.soo the p8p67 ASUS GTX 480 (maybe a 580 if I can find a difference between the too)Cooler is on the way2600k SBwhat kinda of ram? Low Letency right? I want to OC to somewhere around 4.3 ghzdo I need an SSD? Can i just slam my current HD into the new build?

Ron Hamilton

If I'm not mistaken, the 480 is a very hot running card. Cooler and quieter operation may be enough reason to get the 580 alone. I'm not sure how much of a difference in performance there is between the two. Of course, you could settle for a 570 and save about $150.

Corey Meeks

If I'm not mistaken, the 480 is a very hot running card. Cooler and quieter operation may be enough reason to get the 580 alone. I'm not sure how much of a difference in performance there is between the two. Of course, you could settle for a 570 and save about $150.[/quotehmm, well mine isn't very loud + I've never had a over-temp problem with my card or my CPU (i7920) @ 3.8 ghz, so if there no perfromance benefit with FSX I think I'll stay with my 480 GTX. This is an FSX PC build, I do play BFBC2 and COD but I get extremely good frames in thos game....like 160 easily. Thanks for the replies

Ron Hamilton

Guest veeray

Ron: Wouldn't the upgrade to a SB processor be cheaper? I think you'd get more bang for the buck if you were running at 4.8.

Ya man, I am building a SB computer as we speak, I CURRENTLY own the i7 920 and its time to give it away to a poor person.

Ron Hamilton

Go with the gtx 580. You will be very happy.BTW: I just wanted to thank the members. They offer excellent advice!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Yes they do offer a lot of information, especially SpiritFlyer....to bad ORBX shut down its Hardware Forum, he contributed so much to that forum as a whole. Anyways does anyone have any first hand experience between a 480 and 580? I'd like to hear it from the hoarses mouth. I already have a 480 and I'd have to sell it and take a pretty good loss in order to get the 580! Thanks

Ron Hamilton

Yes they do offer a lot of information, especially SpiritFlyer....to bad ORBX shut down its Hardware Forum, he contributed so much to that forum as a whole. Anyways does anyone have any first hand experience between a 480 and 580? I'd like to hear it from the hoarses mouth. I already have a 480 and I'd have to sell it and take a pretty good loss in order to get the 580! Thanks
Check out this review by Stephen:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/320755-480-gtx-vs-580-gtx/

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

$194.99 - Seasonic X-850
Seasonic boo yah! There's the one you want :biggrin:

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |