Sign in to follow this  
j14g

ADF

UPDATE: - Just come across a Bendix King KR87 ADF unit, inside the Gauges folder, specifically within the "Radio58" Cab file,  

SimBase.Document
        Type="AceXML"
        version="1,0"
        id="Radio Collins CTL_ATC">
    <Descr>AceXML Document</Descr>
    <Filename>Radio_KR87_ADF.xml</Filename>
    <SimGauge.Gauge id="Radio_KR87_ADF" ArtDirectory=".">
        <FloatPosition>0.000,0.000</FloatPosition>
        <Size>850,175</Size>
        <Image id="Radio_KR87_ADF" Name="RADIO_KR87_ADFINOP">
            <Transparent>True</Transparent>
			<Bright>TRUE</Bright>
        </Image>

That will likely only give you the readouts, without any background..

Your best bet are the standard Beech Baron Radios, example from the B58:

[Window01]
BACKGROUND_COLOR=2,2,2
size_mm=156,308
position=8
visible=0
ident=RADIO_STACK_PANEL

gauge00=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Audio, 0, 0
gauge01=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Nav-Comm 1, 0, 29
gauge02=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Nav-Comm 2, 0, 86
gauge03=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio ADF, 0, 142
gauge04=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio DME, 0, 180
gauge05=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Xpndr, 0, 217
gauge06=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio AP, 0, 262

Bert

Also keep in mind that the spacing in the Carenado B58 radio stack cannot be changed, so the GNS/GTN radio slots are taller than the Audio/Autopilot/Transponder slots..

Bert

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

Your best bet are the standard Beech Baron Radios, example from the B58:

[Window01]
BACKGROUND_COLOR=2,2,2
size_mm=156,308
position=8
visible=0
ident=RADIO_STACK_PANEL

gauge00=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Audio, 0, 0
gauge01=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Nav-Comm 1, 0, 29
gauge02=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Nav-Comm 2, 0, 86
gauge03=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio ADF, 0, 142
gauge04=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio DME, 0, 180
gauge05=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Xpndr, 0, 217
gauge06=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio AP, 0, 262

That will give him a "Pop-Up" window which is probably the only way to make this work? If so, can he then just use 

gauge03=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio ADF, 0, 142 from this radio stack panel? Just curious about this as I would like to somehow put an ADF into the equation as well.

28 minutes ago, raymie said:

That will give him a "Pop-Up" window which is probably the only way to make this work? If so, can he then just use 

gauge03=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio ADF, 0, 142 from this radio stack panel? Just curious about this as I would like to somehow put an ADF into the equation as well.

The example was just to show the names of the gauges..

You can put any one of them into the virtual cockpit if there is a suitable space for them.

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Thanks Gents, I think I understand this a little better, when I have pulled it together I will report back. Deeply appreciate your help with this, many thanks.

How about this for $25 https://www.navstax.com/ I don't know if it would solve the issue in my B58, it talks about 3D and 2D and that means nothing to me lol..

Edited by Ace9
add url

Hi Roger,

I hope Bert will respond to your most recent post as he is very knowledgeable about gauge placements.

From what I understand, the 2D navstax display would be a "Pop Up" display radio stack (Shift + a numeric value). The 3D display would be the radio stack modeled into the cockpit panel. For this to take place Carenado would have to offer a "installer" to install the Navstax  3D radio panel--such as they do with the Flight1 GTN 750. Milviz offers a Navstax installer for their Cessna 310R Redux model.

If you have other vendor addon aircraft such as the one mentioned from Milviz, you could install the Navstax as a 3D display if they offer the installer option for it--the Carenado aircraft such as the Baron 58, you would have to use it as a 2D Pop-up.

I do not have Navstax so I can not tell you what it is like. Hope this helps,

Raymie 

Thank you Raymie, very helpful, I am fairly new to messing about with gauges.

If the Carenado were fitted out with an ADF I would not be going through this 😁 It a good learning experience at least. inside the Caranado B58 Gauges folder, specifically within the "Radio58" Cab file there is an xml file (a snippet is above) and also there is a graphic of the Bendix King unit, I wonder why its there not being used. Maybe have to ask Caranado.

52 minutes ago, Ace9 said:

Thank you Raymie, very helpful, I am fairly new to messing about with gauges.

If the Carenado were fitted out with an ADF I would not be going through this 😁 It a good learning experience at least. inside the Caranado B58 Gauges folder, specifically within the "Radio58" Cab file there is an xml file (a snippet is above) and also there is a graphic of the Bendix King unit, I wonder why its there not being used. Maybe have to ask Caranado.

You are correct, Carenado does have an ADF radio in the RadioB58 folder which can be used here..

Send me a PM with your email address.. I am quite willing to help you get whatever radio stack you are looking for, within the limitations of the Carenado 3d model which cannot be changed..

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 2

Bert

Quick test...

In the panel.cfg file for the B58, locate

[Vcockpit03]
//gauge04=XXXXXX whatever is there now, add two slashes to the front of the line

and add:
gauge04=RadioB58!Radio_KR87_ADF_2D, 174, 434, 328, 68

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Fantastic, that's got the ADF where the transponder was, Thanks Bert. 

My ultimate goal is to replace the 2nd Garmin unit with a Bendix King Com2 / Nav2 Radio, below that the ADF and last the transponder. I was thinking about using a dual needle gauge which incorporates both VOR2 and ADF and put this where the existing Nav2 VOR card is.

Below is the sort of gauge I have in mind, this is from the "Flysimware  Cessna C441 CONQUEST"  but you may be in a better position to suggest something better.

I have PM you and really appreciate any help at all, many thanks.

HD7xNqV.jpg

OK.. lets pursue via email..

Have sent you something to look at... radio stack as specified, but the RMI to the left of the NAV2 head which is 3d modeled and cannot be changed..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert