Sign in to follow this  
SpiritFlyer

I am most impressed with MS Flight

I really hope that MS Flight turns out to be compatible with my existing addons. Like HyperionXL, I would be very happy with an improved version of FSX that provides vastly improved framerates, and a more stable environment. The quality of the addons that I have at the moment is already top notch, so having to pay for them all over again would be rather silly.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I really hope that MS Flight turns out to be compatible with my existing addons. Like HyperionXL, I would be very happy with an improved version of FSX that provides vastly improved framerates, and a more stable environment. The quality of the addons that I have at the moment is already top notch, so having to pay for them all over again would be rather silly.
You know then there is no chance of a new engine for anything, correct?

There isn't` anything really wrong with the FSX engine really.... nothing past the point in which you cant just fix it, and add bits on... Thats why I think FLIGHT will be great, even with just an updated FSX engine... I think that they're listening to the forums, and are improving FLIGHT to what we want it to be, or at least what can be realistically achieved. I cant wait! biggrin.gif

Can't stand all the negative headings. MS Flight looks and smells like the real deal. The old cynics may say, but you don't understand about MS and Flight Sim! Oh yes I do, but this is going to be something quite different and a whole lot better. I am hoping to leave the FSX past completely behind, despite how good it has become, the very day MS Flight comes out, and be part of making it take off and soar! The sooner, the better...Kind Regards,
How much did Microsoft pay you? nobody has any idea yet how "Flight" will be!!!!!!vololiberista

They paid him the same amount they paid you and his opinion is worth just as much as your is.

They paid him the same amount they paid you and his opinion is worth just as much as your is.
:(

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Some of you might remember me from my legitimate criticisms--whether you agreed or not--of MS Flight on a different thread. I've since decided to be generous, go against my instinct and experience, be open-minded, and give this game a chance to blossom.I cannot be sure that MS Flight will be disappointing (in the least) and you cannot be sure that MS Flight will be satisfactory (in the least). Therefore I will not be a cheerleader or basher, and I'll judge the game when the final product is released.But I expect you all to do the same. That means: be respectful to other people's concerns and criticisms. That means: answer questions with an open mind instead of an open &@($*. That means: drop the trash talk and sarcasm. Or maybe I'm just naive. Everyone has doubts. I don't buy the whole 'confident bandwagon of excitement and doubtlessness,' especially for hardcore simmers that are passionate about this subject.

The OP has his opinion."Everyone has doubts." That is YOUR opinion. Now tell us: which is more valid?Or maybe I just mis understand your post!

Good to see you Mr. Geofa!

The OP has his opinion."Everyone has doubts." That is YOUR opinion. Now tell us: which is more valid?Or maybe I just mis understand your post!
My reply had hardly anything to do with the OP.

" I don't buy the whole 'confident bandwagon of excitement and doubtlessness,'"Isn't this what the OP posted about? Just wondering!

" I don't buy the whole 'confident bandwagon of excitement and doubtlessness,'"Isn't this what the OP posted about? Just wondering!
My apologies, I meant to say: it hardly had anything to do with one particular individual (in this context, the OP), but a general attitude. Half of the statement could apply to the OP--confident bandwagon of excitement--but I haven't observed him in a constant state of denial (or "doubtlessness") of all criticism, like I have of other members.Anyways, I didn't come back here to argue back-and-forth.I was actually trying to portray a positive, optimistic message; a former pessimist is now being more open-minded than he ever has Angel.gif.

While I share the optimism of the OP, I also know that using it day 1 is really not what I want out of a simulator, we are looking at 12 to 18 months for good addons to fill the market. With FSX I was at the store on day one, not this time, I will wait until everyone has had a chance to thoroughly look at Flight, tweak where necessary, and for my fav addons to be released. Guess I will have to enjoy FSX and FS9 for quite some time to come.Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I am hoping that default MS Flight is so good that it will make even the best present addons a step backward. Backwards compatible would then just mean going backward, not forward!Kind regards,

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.