Sign in to follow this  
Tor

Is this really it?

Tor - Always nice to see a touch of class in these fora!Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Word Not Allowed, I'm in the same boat. I'm waiting for the iFly and the PMDG 737's to be released, then I'll probably migrate to FSX completely.
I'm tempted to move to fsx only now but I cant yet lol there are some sceneries not out for fsx that are in fs9 and of course waiting for the ifly737 fsx. :(

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Second: The personal stuff...I have and suffer from Bipolar Affective Disorder, and it´s hell sometimes, especially when I get excited about something, and I am very, very excited about FSX!
WOW!!! NOW you have my sympathy. I have a 34 year-old stepson with Bipolar and he is just about disowned, as he will not accept the diagnosis, and will not take his meds - and he's a real big guy. The rest of the world has no idea what families go through when a member is so afflicted. The cost in time, money, heartache, aggravation and violence is unmeasurable. It has taken years off our lives, I'm sure. Our last resort has been to change our address and 'phone number, but keep tabs on him through his brother and father.Hang in there, Tor; we understand and will help as you need. Thanks for telling us, and I'm glad the pc is now smooooth! Enjoy! :(

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Tor,It takes a great person with a lot of character to stand up and admit something from deep inside. You make us all proud. Never too late for a fresh start. Welcome, and it is nice to meet you.Kind regards,

Tor,It takes a great person with a lot of character to stand up and admit something from deep inside. You make us all proud. Never to late for a fresh start. Welcome, and it is nice to meet you.Kind regards,
+1 !

Jay

You could always go back to FS9!!
or try x-plane.not full of airliners or complex aircraft, but is much more in x-plane to make you enjoy your ride (like good turbulence with thermals and carenado planes)

Gustavo Rodrigues - Brazil

or try x-plane.not full of airliners or complex aircraft, but is much more in x-plane to make you enjoy your ride (like good turbulence with thermals and carenado planes)
Personally I would probably try X-Plane if it weren't for the first two items you mentioned. If PMDG ever developes for X-Plane I might give it a shot, but as it stands now, I cant imageine a sim wihtout an extensive collection of AI, PMDG/LDS planes, FSDT and all my other great addon airports.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Well once again i have been flying sims and this one for about four years , i pesonally dont believe you folks with your slyders all the way up, if you are you are flying judt default planes.im sorry if i make some of you folks mad , ive done it all, maybe im missing somthing here , maybe im just doing it all wrong for 16 -17 years.i have been flying these sims for a very long time and fsx is the worst of them , as a good product.i must be expexting to much out of this sim, i thought you just load the sim and run , you know just like every other piece of software.i did not know that after you buy there product you were suppose to go out and get all new equiptment to run it.i did not know you were suppose to tweak it to death just to get normal fps.i did not know that after 5 years with this software , and going out again to get a better com , and still deal with this problem.you folks are the best in the world then ,my experiance over the years mean nothing to this software.im sorry folks i have searhed high and low and there is no one out there that can tell me why this frickin software on todays fast super overcloced , mega ram holding supercharged computers run like a piece of the worst made sim software in my humble opinion.so fo you guys making the claim that you have your slyders all the way up , including bloom ,means that you are running mostly default.there is no way you can run what i put on my sim and get what you good folks claim.if you are running level -d , radar contac, flightsim commander, fuipc, ASX, genx, EB flight bag, i have several cities software, (and im sure i forgot a few all these and more to enchanc the game.)if new generation chips that are much faster than before , you are telling me that i have to accept the best i can get is this.i have done it all , now im being told not to do the tweeks, and now i have to make dummy folders for this software.there is no software that i know of that takes this much crap to run it. i have spent several thousands of dollars with little resultsand this new ******* tweek oh that one is real funny , to get his 30 % i have to give up my 5 monitors , and other things.everybody once to let microsoft off of the hook, they made a bad product and im sick and tired of tring to figure out how to get it to run normal.and for those making that claim that your fsx is maxed out , im sorry i dont believe you , unless you are running default planes.if you can run all this software and have all slyders up , i need to know the exact spects of your com , so that i can go out and get the parts.if fs9 could do all that, 20004, 2002, why not FSX , we certanly have the power, just bad program writers.i truly hope that flight is a better made software than fsx , in fact im sure that flight is the answer to FSX as W7 was the answer to vista.I have flown x-plane back in the day , but it was no comparison to FS9 and all the stuff i added to it.im thinking of going back to X-plane and use my great set up , and put on the shelf for now all of my FSX add-onns and wait for flight , perhaps X-plane has become a better product.at least X-plane will treat my system with respect and i wont have to tweek it to death just to have fun.Thanks..................................Robert

David - I think it's time....... :( Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

im thinking of going back to X-plane and use my great set up , and put on the shelf for now all of my FSX add-onns and wait for flight , perhaps X-plane has become a better product.at least X-plane will treat my system with respect and i wont have to tweek it to death just to have fun.Thanks..................................Robert
OK...Bye

NAX669.png

I think that was a "I'm going to stir the pot" post LOLDisregarding...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

It Wasn't Me!!
:(

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

@cmpbellsjc wrote: "You could always go back to FS9!!"Very good advise, thank you!My intention with this post was to inform other users, that just because you upgrade like I did, and run a monster CPU @ 4.8 Ghz, everything is not all peaches and cream!Maybe I expect too much smoothness and fluid operation, but it´s strange why the difference from X-Plane 9 is so obvious? I don´t like XP9 - it´s a pain to install and adjust, but I look forward to XP-10 (If Austin has the Powers to finish it! ) and MS Flight, I sure hope they will perform better than FSX.Thank you all for the replies and different suggestions, I will try them out.
Something is amiss I'm afraid, Tor, with your killer system. You've got something very messed up if you aren't experiencing very high frame rate + excellent texture update rate & image quality, and of course, excellent smoothness in all situations. I'm very close to that now in all situations, though with the wrong payware aircraft in very dense weather at large terminals it can choke a little, but that is to be expected on my machine. Wish I could point you to the real source as it must be somewhere in your setup or parts.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X