Sign in to follow this  
207p

What plane did you fly today and where did you go?

Well, srceen shots are not allowed in subsequent posts. Only if you have a problem and the picture helps to fix it. But not on a regular basis. For that is has to be a new topic in the screen shots forum.
I was about to post with a pic before I read your message Steffen. Are you saying that screenshots are not permitted in the FSX Forum or that individuals should not post screenshots more than once in the same thread? I haven't come across a rule that supports your statement, please clarify.Thanks.

\Robert Hamlich/

My last flight was Fly Tampa's (KTPA) to Imaginesim's (TJSJ) using the Feelthere Embraer 175.Poor weather settings and in the evening. Hand flew the ILS 10 approach. Simply stunning!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I was about to post with a pic before I read your message Steffen. Are you saying that screenshots are not permitted in the FSX Forum or that individuals should not post screenshots more than once in the same thread? I haven't come across a rule that supports your statement, please clarify.Thanks.
Here is the rule which Jeremy "rightseater" Fletcher, one of the admins here gave me and to which I´m refeing to:
All images must appear in the first message of the topic, no subsequent messages may be posted that include images
I hope this cleares all confusions.

Bellanca Viking Turbo 2N8 - W45CLS 742 KFLL-KSPSAirbus 319 CYWG - CYYR C152 ESSB - ESDH (Ficticious, Ekerö Island - Stockholm)

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Here is the rule which Jeremy "rightseater" Fletcher, one of the admins here gave me and to which I´m refeing to:
All images must appear in the first message of the topic, no subsequent messages may be posted that include images
I hope this cleares all confusions.
Still vague I am afraid, if I follow Jeremy's rule which is nowhere to be found, I intemperate it as that a person may start a post with an image and subsequent to that he/she may not post subsequent images and posts following the initial post may not contain pics by anyone within the same thread. Perhaps this is in a effort to reduce bandwidth and save cost's to AVSIM which I support. I have seen numerous posts outside the screenshot forum like PMDG's for instance who's dev's post multiple pics within the same thread, so I do not follow the logic here. So in the end I still do not understand that rational behind the post I had originally referred to. Hope this gets cleared up, thanks.

\Robert Hamlich/

Still vague I am afraid, if I follow Jeremy's rule which is nowhere to be found, I intemperate it as that a person may start a post with an image and subsequent to that he/she may not post subsequent images and posts following the initial post may not contain pics by anyone within the same thread. Perhaps this is in a effort to reduce bandwidth and save cost's to AVSIM which I support. I have seen numerous posts outside the screenshot forum like PMDG's for instance who's dev's post multiple pics within the same thread, so I do not follow the logic here. So in the end I still do not understand that rational behind the post I had originally referred to. Hope this gets cleared up, thanks.
Well, this is the rule wich I have to enforce. It´s to reduce the bandwith and to keep the threads clear and not that spoiled with pictures. But I´ll consult Jeremy and tell you why.

Well, this is the rule wich I have to enforce. It´s to reduce the bandwith and to keep the threads clear and not that spoiled with pictures. But I´ll consult Jeremy and tell you why.
Thanks Steffen, the OP did post with pictures and other's followed suit, I do not think the thread was spoiled at all, I found the pictures to be quite impressive. If this kind of thread belongs in the screenshots forum then move it and pin a topic in all forums stating it. Again, I would like to reiterate, there are no such rules preventing anyone from posting a screenshot where he/she wishes.

\Robert Hamlich/

Flew a few circuits at ORBX's Orcas Island enjoying the Royal Duke and the REX overdrive dusk textures.

Thanks Steffen, the OP did post with pictures and other's followed suit, I do not think the thread was spoiled at all, I found the pictures to be quite impressive. If this kind of thread belongs in the screenshots forum then move it and pin a topic in all forums stating it. Again, I would like to reiterate, there are no such rules preventing anyone from posting a screenshot where he/she wishes.
After consulting Jeremy, he told me that this is not allowed but for you understanding, I´ll post his full answer:
Allowing subsequent images does indeed use more bandwith, but the bigger problem is that it causes the pages to load slower. This is the same reason why AVSIM has rules limiting the size and quantity of images, as well as images in signatures. Even some of the fastest internet connections can get bogged down when a page gets too large, which is obviously much more likely if it's filled with images. In the future I suspect that Tom will once again increase the maximum size, and possibly quantity of images, but subsequent images will probably never be allowed.
So I hope this is the right answer to your quesntion.
Can we please stay on topic, thanks! ;)
Sorry for being that off topic. It won´t happen again:-)

I think that the use of thumbnails will be a useful alternative to just some text descriptions in this thread.They don't use up any space on Avsim servers (when you use some free image hosters like imageshack or tinypic, you don't even have to register there, just upload the image and get the links) and they also don't add extra "drag" to the loading times since they are too small to actually call them "small". Big%20Grin.gifSee here, just 4.9kb as a thumb, on an external server, so no Avsim load there.b17phnl.th.jpgIf all this doesn't help, lets move the thread, huh? A text only thing doesn't really attract the people, am I right?

CS 727-100 from KLAX to KDCA on VATSIM using VOR/DME navigation the whole way in conjunction with skyvector charts. I got to fly the WZRDD2 arrival to DCA and the river visual approach to runway 19. It was an awesome flight and a great learning experience, and I had fps near 30 the whole way without a single stutter.

I picked up a Very Expensive Package @KORS OrcasI. Destination......"Classified"Big%20Grin.gif

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick