Sign in to follow this  
alastairmonk

Malta

Does anyone know of any Malta (LMML) scenery for FS9, freeware o payware? if there isn't yet, is there any in the works?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Cheers for that :-)I dunno where i've been hiding, but I don't remember seeing that being released, oh well, i'll have it soon :-)

I have downloaded this Malta scenery for FS2004 and it looks great - but I am being plagued with invisible building crashes when on the main apron. I have been messaging with the designer and he has no troubles with this, nor has he received any complaints other than a question raised as to whether FSNavigator might be causing this. I do not have similar problems elsewhere but it may be aircraft model sensitive, eg Posky British Airways B67-336 FS2002 works okay but all the following produced invisible building crashes in the vicinity of ramps 3 and 4 - FFX B738 for FS2k4, a Murchison BAe146 for FS2k4, an Egerton B727 for FS2k4, a Maltby VC10 for FS2k4, a Maltby BAC111 for FS2k2, a Posky CRJ for FS2k, an IFDG B767-3 for FS2k, Does any one else have these problems and does anyone know the cause. I can bypass the problem by turning off crash-detection when flying in the vicinty of Malta.But it is very nice looking scenery.NigelVancouver

It looks like it needs a flatten statement to keep some of the ground peaks from slipping above the tarmac. I suspect the scenery elevation might be off. Are you using an external mesh or default? Whichever it is, the scenery elevation and mesh elevation do not agree. You can put in a wide flatten statement to suppress peaks for quite a range around the airport. I do not think a flatten will elevate the airport, however.

I have some Lago terramesh installed.. I can't think if any would effect this particular area of Europe.. there is no specific Malta mesh..

Hi John,I also have the Malta scenery and ALL the TerraMesh installed, and whilst there is the "airport-in-a-hole" problem, it isn't as marked as would appear in your picture.My best guess would be that it is mesh related, as the differences between our systems may be due to some mesh sets that I have. When I get home I'll investigate !Alastair

Hey guys,I was having the same problem with the "airport-in-a-hole" problem. I was playing around with fs yesterday, because I used to live in Malta and really wanted to see the airport. After playing around a bit....boom... it was working. Now I am not sure what I did that caused it to work, but here is what I did. Maybe you guys can try it and see if it works for you.1. Set Scenery detail to max.2. Added the tree textures.3. Added the "FS2004 Sicily SRTM Scenery Mesh, Italy" mesh scenery which also includes malta4. In the scenery library, I put the scenery all the way to the bottom of the priority list.As I said, I am not sure what made it work, but it sure worked for me. :) Good luck.Ray.G