Sign in to follow this  
RPRIEVER

NGX first flight....what will YOU be looking for?

Guest Tamadeez

Im gonna try simulate that turkish 1951 crash assuming I can make Captain Altimeter Faulty.

first flight will be outta KBFI and around the PNW for a few days unitll im happy with it, then fly it home empty to EGCC.

Im gonna try simulate that turkish 1951 crash assuming I can make Captain Altimeter Faulty.
Why on Earth would you want to simulate a crash in which people died??? Besides that, the crash you are referring to did not involve a Boeing 737 since the very first Boeing 737-100 did not enter service with Lufthansa until February 1968. It's first flight wasn't even until 1967. That's a little creepy, Tamadeez!

Like most of you, I'll do a quick flight in the Seattle area to get a feel for the aircraft and since i have to, do a performance check with default scenery. Then to test it's ETOPS capability and performance for long durations on my system, fly back to FSDT's PHNL. Then probably do a couple of Interisland flights before finally flying home to PHJR. Finally, I can fly in with a PMDG jet aircraft and not need to have someone drive a set of stairs over from Honolulu! (No, I don't have the old FS9 version of the NG)Unless they tell me to go somewhere specific then I'm off to go sightseeing in a 737.Big%20Grin.gif

Good frame rates (ie, MD11 FPS or better).Actually, I'll be sure to wait for reports on the FPS before I buy the thing...Justin J

Why on Earth would you want to simulate a crash in which people died??? Besides that, the crash you are referring to did not involve a Boeing 737 since the very first Boeing 737-100 did not enter service with Lufthansa until February 1968. It's first flight wasn't even until 1967. That's a little creepy, Tamadeez!
I think he meant Turkish Airlines flight 1951, a 737-800 that crashed at Schiphol on 25 Feb 2009.I agree it's a little weird, tho.:blink:I'll be doing YBBN-YSSY-YMML and back a few times, then maybe YBBN-NZQN (I'd love to be able to replicate the RNP approaches into QN)Jeff

Jeff Hunter

Guest Tamadeez
I now see the way I worded my Post indicates what you imply. I meant that I would simulate landing with faulty radio altimeter and seeing if thrust goes idol. I also meant Turkish 1951 crash as a referenc to the failure I will attempt. Beside it appears your not familiar with this crash that occured in 2009.Oh and now I think about it. Recreating crashes using various programs like FSrecorder and SonyVegas could be something interesting if done accurately and professionally. Especially considering how accurate this NGX is simulated.

FMC, GPWS, terrain radar, HUGS

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

The SDK!I'll be really interested in how closely FS2Crew can interface with the NGX. The PMDG 747 FS2Crew version could only simulate interaction through key commands, no SDK support.From what I've read, that's changing with the NGX.

my first flight will be go from GMMN to LFPG, I hope for a flight without problems,waw

I will do something like TNCM-MKJP or LPFR-LPMA to handle the plane mannually during approach!

I'll first test her on a Customer acceptance flight out of KBFI to Moses Lake (KMWH) and back to KBFI again. At Moses Lake I'll do some touch & go's testing out the behaviour during approaches at various flap settings and I'll test the autobrake system.Moses Lake airport is used quite a lot by Boeings customers when doing the acceptance tests for a new aircraft.With the OrbX scenery installed, it's guaranteed to be a very satisfactory first flight :( Just for fun and if someone also wants to take the NGX to Moses Lake, here's the flightplan to KMWH: KBFI DCT VAMPS V2 PLUSS DCT KMWH

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg