Sign in to follow this  
Airbus Commander

New "Flight" Screen Shots

Since I'm still on the 3GS, I must admit I was basing it off what others had told me. Aside from the antenna, some of my friends said they had issues with the original iOS4 which was subsequently solved in later updates. They said that some apps would run slow and others would constantly freeze or crash.
Well iOS4 was put on the 3G too, that's probably what he was talking about - for a while it had major performance problems on the old 3G phone.
The FSX flight dynamics haven't changed since FS98.
That's not true - the MD-11 and 400 FDEs had to be reworked for FSX when we made those versions - there are differences. I'd have to ask EV for the specifics, but they are there.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Well iOS4 was put on the 3G too, that's probably what he was talking about - for a while it had major performance problems on the old 3G phone.
I was aware of the problems with iOS4 on the 3G, but I know for a fact she had a 4. She was waving it about as she whined. I remember because that was right before she dropped it...which might actually explain why it didn't work well...:(

Wow so much negativity just because I said I like FSX and how it handles on my computer after everything I purchased for it.I crave immersion and all the add-ons I have give me that.So no, I won't be buying Flight when it first comes out because nothing will be developed for it.At one point I owned FS2000, then FS9, now FSX....and eventually Flight.I think people need to calm down and not be so quick to bash differences in opinion on "this" product vs "that" product. You can argue until you're blue that FSX is trash, I don't care.I enjoy it, and that's all that matters to me.Have a good discussion guys, I'm out of this one.

Guest Tamadeez

I'm quite impressed with how the airports look like in flight. They seem more natural and there boundaries are less abrupt. And just the general look of the trees and ground mesh. Maybe finally we can go too any default airport in the world and feel like your somewhat there and not some standardized bland interpretation of an airport.

it always has be my tradition to switch to the newest FS, so I will be switching to Flight. Which will come out first, the NGX or Flight? Will I have time to enjoy the NGX before flight comes out?

Well we will see because the only plane I've really wanted to fly is the 737 and I've been waiting on the NGX for a while now, but like you guys said before, if Flight does do everything that REX, GEX, UTX does and give me better FPS I'll upgrade.

People said the same about FSX when we still flew FS9. You will all make the switch in time. So just keep talking. heh.

I am really optimistic in this one. My hopes r that the day flight goes out all the major dev. Like pmdg aerosoft etc.. Will say : our products will be ready soon (not pmdg type soon :-) ) because we knew all along what its going to be like and we have been working on that for some quite time. Dream maybe i know but one can dream one can dream.Jiri Sekerka

I am hoping that Flight will be Microsoft saying, "FSX should have been like this!" I would like more realism like physics, dynamics, and other possibilities like tyre bursts and wear, aircraft dirty with use, maintenance needed, independent engines and systems (like A2A with Accusim), aging, faults according to real world probabilities, bird strikes, microbursts, St Elmo's Fire, insects hitting windsheild, dust in cockpit (like JS41 wear and dirt on screens); passengers who board, move about and disembark - perhaps what I really want is my ATPL and Airliner type rating!!! :(

People said the same about FSX when we still flew FS9. You will all make the switch in time. So just keep talking. heh.
Speak for yourself. I refuse to switch to FSX until I have the cash for a computer that can run it at full autogen with full weather, traffic, and the PMDG 747X thrown in. Seeing as in FS9 I can do REX, PMDG, FSDT, and SB4 on my laptop (2.53GHz C2D, 9800M GT, 4GB, etc.) and FSX doesn't perform ANYWHERE close to FS9, I'll stick with FS9, thanks.

Not that i wanna ruin this topic but can we please stop debating FS9-FSX-Flight? the last one isn't even released yet and we don't know either when that is going to beSo my suggestion is to enjoy our sims we have today with our pmdg planes and add-ons

To call FSX a joke because stall behavior is whacky is absurd.
It is just one of the many problems with its flight model, but an example most are likely to know about.
I could compare FSX to the DCS series all day ... DCS A-10's flight model was designed for aircraft of a certain type.
The flight simulator needs to have inputs for body x, y, z positions, angles and accelerations. It should be left to the aircraft developer to write the flight model. Include example flight model functions in a stock API, but otherwise FS should be just a graphics engine, leaving devs to deal with the systems and flight dynamics. It also prevents the devs being stuck with a limited system, and allows them to write some very advanced dynamics models.The real issue with all this is that developers of flight sims can't think abstract enough.Best regards,Robin.

but otherwise FS should be just a graphics engine, leaving devs to deal with the systems and flight dynamics.
Absolutely not. Any "platform" simulation should include flight modelling as well. It would be silly for every developer to reinvent the wheel, the add-on aircraft market would be minimal. What a platform should do is to give you a solid foundation on which you can build. And clearly you never heard of Real Air which took whatever was available to them in FSX and was able to deliver absolutely masterful flight modelling for some advanced stick-and-rudder flying like their Spitfire or SF260. Clearly with some effort it is possible to deliver very satisfactory flight model - good enough for say 99.99% of any flight regime. Some of the best examples of what can be achieved in flight dynamics were done within confines of FSX.

I was aware of the problems with iOS4 on the 3G, but I know for a fact she had a 4. She was waving it about as she whined. I remember because that was right before she dropped it...which might actually explain why it didn't work well...:(
sorry for hijacking this but is it still true that iOS 4 has performance problems with the 3G? Wondering because I once installed v.4.0 on my wife's 3G and she was complaining about laggy response. I then went back to 3.x for her. So would it be safe now to try 4.x again?phil

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Absolutely not. Any "platform" simulation should include flight modelling as well.
I wrote:Include example flight model functions in a stock API...meaning include something for developers who don't want to write their own, but allow those who want to, to do so. It would also create a market for 3rd party flight dynamics creation.How many have spotted that density altitude in FSX is wrong, and following it ground speed and Mach?Best regards,Robin.