Sign in to follow this  
rpowers

Expensive month GEX Afrisa now ORBX CRM

Just got done installing GEX Africa now Flightsimstore has ORBX Central Rockies available.15% discount.Ouch! on the pocketbook.Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Ya know what? I'm passing up on this for now, however good it looks. I hardly fly in the OrbX FTX NA Blue region anyway at this moment, and I tend to use their sceneries more for flying around AU. And as you say, this has already been a very expensive time.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Pre-pay only for ORBX Central Rockies at this time...the "real" release is still a few weeks away. Looks fabulous.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Thanks for clarifying that pre-pay.I missed that.I apologize for misspelling Africa in header.I don't need any more purchases for awhile either.Ron

I was brought up in such a way to act on the following circumstances. An email with "Orbx" and "new" in the title always leads me to search the next "buy" button at FSS.So far, this always succeeded and never made me sad but very happy when going low&slow again. :smile:My girlfriend seems to have a similar way of acting when new collections, shoes or iPhone colours arrive.We must be industry's darlings. Just%20Kidding.gif

I fail to understand why anyone would pre-pay for a download product. All you are doing is giving money to the developer with no guarantee that they will release the product on a specific date. In addition, its not like you will get the product any quicker than someone downloading it on the release day (server issues aside). I would much rather wait for release, check the forums for a few comments and then proceed.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Mark, your thoughts are valid of course, but in this case Orbx is involved. This means that the products will arrive timely and, even if not, you will see an open policy from the devs to explain why it takes a day or a week longer in this or that case. "Pre-pay" only means that we're around 6 weeks close to release I think, so no exact date.That -15% is a new offer from them, their older one was to access the files one day before the official release and both approaches just allow the customers to support a nice dev with giving the money away sooner.So there's no real downside when waiting for the release date or even longer. But now, you will save 15%, which is nice.I'm still waiting for the first fail from Orbx. Just%20Kidding.gif This probably won't happen and since I've experienced their products and support for some time now, I'm pretty confident about giving them some more money for their nice work. Sort of a trust based thing, involving both sides.Can't say that about all devs in the business, but at least about some. And their amount is constantly increasing, what a nice trend. :smile:Oops, Trisager spoke about the OZx "secret" too. Didn't use it, I must admit. I could and then donate the saved money to OZx, that's a good idea.

Ya know what? I'm passing up on this for now, however good it looks. I hardly fly in the OrbX FTX NA Blue region anyway at this moment, and I tend to use their sceneries more for flying around AU.
I'm in the same boat as you. I will probably never buy GEX Africa since I never fly there, except for the once or twice a year flight out of Cairo, and the fact that you have to run the switcher when you want to fly in North America. For me GEX North America and Europe was enough as that is 99% of my flying, as well as ORBX AU which accounts for my other 1% of flight time.On the ORBX CRM, I will probably never get that set as well since its such a rural area that I basically have zero interest in, as well as the fact that they dont have any custom aiports for the area yet(besides the reworked ADE's). The CRM kind of reminds me of the NRM which is another area that is very rural and doesn't hold much interest for me. Frankly, even the PNW package I have to almost force my self to use every now and then, and if it wasn't for the few payware sceneries I got for the area to fly between, I probably would have uninstalled it already.I think for the moment I am done buying ORBX regions until they start doing more populated areas of the US and not so much of the wilderness and mountain regions, or areas that I am more interested in like south Florida, the southwest- AZ, NM, CO, and if they ever get into South America, namely Brasil, I will be all over it. The day they announce ORBX Florida, I will probably not be able to get my debit card out quick enough.In the mean time, I really need to start being more frugal with my ORBX purchases and stop buying regions or airports that I am really not interested and then feeling later on like I need to force myself to fly in those areas. I buy too many of their products because I am curious to see how they look in my sim, then once I use them a few times I struggle to go back to them again.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I'm in the same boat as you. I will probably never buy GEX Africa since I never fly there, except for the once or twice a year flight out of Cairo, and the fact that you have to run the switcher when you want to fly in North America. For me GEX North America and Europe was enough as that is 99% of my flying, as well as ORBX AU which accounts for my other 1% of flight time.On the ORBX CRM, I will probably never get that set as well since its such a rural area that I basically have zero interest in, as well as the fact that they dont have any custom aiports for the area yet(besides the reworked ADE's). The CRM kind of reminds me of the NRM which is another area that is very rural and doesn't hold much interest for me. Frankly, even the PNW package I have to almost force my self to use every now and then, and if it wasn't for the few payware sceneries I got for the area to fly between, I probably would have uninstalled it already.I think for the moment I am done buying ORBX regions until they start doing more populated areas of the US and not so much of the wilderness and mountain regions, or areas that I am more interested in like south Florida, the southwest- AZ, NM, CO, and if they ever get into South America, namely Brasil, I will be all over it. The day they announce ORBX Florida, I will probably not be able to get my debit card out quick enough.In the mean time, I really need to start being more frugal with my ORBX purchases and stop buying regions or airports that I am really not interested and then feeling later on like I need to force myself to fly in those areas. I buy too many of their products because I am curious to see how they look in my sim, then once I use them a few times I struggle to go back to them again.
A GEX South America or orbx South America would be cool, I love the Orbx NA scenery so far, I do alot of WestJet flights but the CRM is not something I will not rush out to buy, I will probably wait for a sale, would be nice if they would do some east coast like in around the New York area, Florida would be amazing but I'm not sure what their plans are, its looking like they are just concentrating on the Left coast for now.biggrin.gif

NormallyI would jump all over this. I love the semi arid areas to fly in. However withthe NGX coming I really do not want to have to double dip in the same month. Iwas just in Seattle last week and I bought a couple models that I was notintending to purchase. I bought the 737-800 model and it now sits on my desktaunting me. I know the NGX has been "really close" for the last twomonths but it would be murphy’s law that if I bought the ORBX scenery then Iwould have to buy both. As to the question of why purchase a pre-pay I like tobuy precisely for the above stated reason. Sometimes you have major releasesjamming up and I like to spread them out so that it is easier on the finances.However not buying the ORBX scenery could backfire since the NGX may not comeout till much later. HMM, what to do! The other option is that it seems likelythat at some point ORBX will have another sale like they just did and then Icould pick it up then. Once the NGX comes out it will be quite a while before Ido any regional bush flying.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I hseitated on GEX Africa too,but it has a lot of extras.No switching and textures in other parts of the world including improved textures for NA.Read Nick's release.

I like Ultimate Terrain more because I fly heavy iron, only rarely small props that would make me appreciate the Orbx sceneryI'm sure it's great and eventually I will buy

I hseitated on GEX Africa too,but it has a lot of extras.No switching and textures in other parts of the world including improved textures for NA.Read Nick's release.
What do you mean by "no switching"?

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Orbx mixes too much with the default textures and I guess it doesn't make orbx or gex look right when both are used together. Sort of disappointing when I like flying 3-4+ hr flights