Sign in to follow this  
rpowers

Expensive month GEX Afrisa now ORBX CRM

They don't release for pre-pay unless they are certain it has a release window of no more than 6 weeks IIRC. As far as I know, they have never missed on delivering on that promise and often don't even come close to that long. And it's not like they have just kept that promise for a couple projects now. They have released a ton of quality products and it's all arrived within the pre-pay time frame.If I bought (1) stock cert for $41 in a company and was guaranteed $6 back within a few weeks, that's a pretty good Return on Investment if you work out the numbers. <shrug>
They missed the deadline on Cushman's but as far as I know that is the only time .Bryan.

What do you mean by "no switching"?
If you have GEX Africa you do not have to switch between NA and EU and you get textures elseware in Mexico etc..Read Nick's post.He and Anthony do great work and give great support.Ron
Great. This makes the product much more attractive. I will probably hold off for a while. I actually uninstalled the updates to GEX Europe so that I did not have to switch. I fly a lot between NA and EU.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I actually uninstalled the updates to GEX Europe so that I did not have to switch.
May I ask what "switching" is referred here when it comes to GEX products? As far as I'm aware they don't need any switching. Their apps just offer some options here and there, for installing them.Could it be that some of you mix up Orbx stuff (which has and needs a switch app called "FTX Central") with the Ground Environment X titles?You are of course free to uninstall nice updates for e. g. GEX Europe if you think that it gives you an advantage in any way.I've read that some guys (not including me) weren't happy with the 2.0 update for GEX Europe, but their concerns mainly referred to the enhanced textures there, not to a switching app of any kind.

May I ask what "switching" is referred here when it comes to GEX products? As far as I'm aware they don't need any switching. Their apps just offer some options here and there, for installing them.Could it be that some of you mix up Orbx stuff (which has and needs a switch app called "FTX Central") with the Ground Environment X titles?You are of course free to uninstall nice updates for e. g. GEX Europe if you think that it gives you an advantage in any way.I've read that some guys (not including me) weren't happy with the 2.0 update for GEX Europe, but their concerns mainly referred to the enhanced textures there, not to a switching app of any kind.
If you have GEX Europe and NA installed without AF/ME then switching is required unless you don't mind the mismatched tiles in NA.

If you have GEX Europe and NA installed without AF/ME then switching is required unless you don't mind the mismatched tiles in NA.
Unless you stopped updating GEX North America at version 1.092 and Europe at version 1.025 which were the last two patches before GEX AFME, then you dont have to switch textures. I almost did those last two updates to 1.095 (NA) and 2.0 (Euro) until I read the fact that you would have to use the switcher if you didn't buy AF/ME.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Unless you stopped updating GEX North America at version 1.092 and Europe at version 1.025 which were the last two patches before GEX AFME, then you dont have to switch textures. I almost did those last two updates to 1.095 (NA) and 2.0 (Euro) until I read the fact that you would have to use the switcher if you didn't buy AF/ME.
To be honest, I had both NA 1.095 and EU 2.0 and never switched. To this day I didn't even really notice which textures were the updated, better colored versions, and as such always flew over the USA without switching to the specific textures pack. Now with AF/MEA, switching has become unnecessary altogether and this time I did notice an improvement in the USA textures.EDIT: Listyening to FSBReak Ep. 90 right now... Cushman Meadows appears to be fake. I had no idea.... Sort of glad I didn't buy it.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I think "fake" is the too harsh word there, "fictional" would be better then.But that's no secret of course so it didn't need an investigation of some kind to find out about the fictional status. Although, they could write that more clearly in the product description, you are right.I'm happy with it since the place is ideal for having some small homebase in that detail, close to the mountains and lakes and also close to Seattle.

I think "fake" is the too harsh word there, "fictional" would be better then.But that's no secret of course so it didn't need an investigation of some kind to find out about the fictional status. Although, they could write that more clearly in the product description, you are right.I'm happy with it since the place is ideal for having some small homebase in that detail, close to the mountains and lakes and also close to Seattle.
Yeah, I later thought that fake wasn't really the term I was looking for. Fictional is more appropriate.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Don't worry, Benjamin, I don't think that people really take your words as harsh ones.But Cushman Meadows really is worth a buy, although I understand aiming for the real fields around the NA area first. But I'm an Orbx fan, you can't take my words for real there since I can enjoy every title from them so far, may it be remote, a major hub or some fictional stuff.Since there are so many nice planes in FSX, everyone of them will make use of that scenery, one way or the other.Same goes for the GEX titles, although in another (nice) aspect. So I can understand that people want to have both, but money dictates to slow down a bit. And you often enough can't fly them all, right?

Well I went ahead and bit on both of these products. Seems from Robert's post on the PMDG forums the NGX is at least a couple of weeks away, translation another couple of months :(. I noticed on the flight1 website they are offering 20% off coupon which makes this a great upgrade for FSX.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

The GEX textures are a great improvement for (Non-ORBX NA). Also - they somehow fix the silly roads on top of textures that can be so annoying with UT. CRM will be beautiful. Also don't forget about the new ButteKicker II and the latest gen SSD to hold all that stuff.Cheersjja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

In the mean time, I really need to start being more frugal with my ORBX purchases and stop buying regions or airports that I am really not interested and then feeling later on like I need to force myself to fly in those areas. I buy too many of their products because I am curious to see how they look in my sim, then once I use them a few times I struggle to go back to them again.
Same same. I mentioned some time ago ORBX might consider developing a much more aggressive upgrade incentive like FSGenesis did with its Galaxy memberships. I have found the same--I use AU maybe 2-4%, PNW maybe 15% now, and mostly I find myself flying favorite routes in and out of California into the southwest and some western rockies. As nice as they are, I tend to prefer my favorite places. Looking forward however to all of California if they get to that. I'd be much more inclined to add to my library if there were a serious discount based on the number of purchase from them I have made. 100% of retail for the first one, then 70% for the 2nd purchase, then 40% for the 3rd, and maybe keep it at 30% for each add'l. This might be the path for download only purchases. May sound like a huge drop, but it will get to folks more concerned about a complete library as a motivator versus just buying areas that are flown in more frequently. This is what happened for me w/ FSGenesis. I bought the Galaxy and ended up downloading many areas I never fly in, but at that price I figured might as well. Galaxy model probably wouldn't work well for ORBX but something like the algorithm I mentioned above could. The cost to ORBX per item sale does not go up hugely if it is just download sales. The 'I'm not flying there all that much' issue is what is keeping me from buying CRM so far. Still might though as their handiwork is so well done--especially the nightlighting ;o)Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X