Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fbass

Securing FSX

I was wondering, is there anyone out there that has developed a strategy for securing FSX? I'm not so much talking about "screwing" up an addon. I'm talking about FSX being changed by outside activities such as actions by and or through the operating system. Surely there must be some technique used by the more knowledgeable users out there to keep the FSX installation stable. I'll bet a lot of folks would be interested in learning such methodology or strategy.Please, help.Frank

Installing fsx on a different hard drive and making a backup is a good start.IAN

I was wondering, is there anyone out there that has developed a strategy for securing FSX? I'm not so much talking about "screwing" up an addon. I'm talking about FSX being changed by outside activities such as actions by and or through the operating system. Surely there must be some technique used by the more knowledgeable users out there to keep the FSX installation stable. I'll bet a lot of folks would be interested in learning such methodology or strategy.Please, help.Frank
The only thing I can think of is getting an External Terabyte drive and periodically making backups of your FSX installation...

Install FSX to it's own drive. Then, before you install ANY add-on - make an image backup. This wioll save reinstallations in the future. Then any time you install an add-on - make a system restore point. From then on, regular backups.Vic