Sign in to follow this  
Kongming

Boeing 737NGX

Hello friends,The new PMDG 737ngx. Would you be able to change routes and destinations while up in the air like a real world FMC capabilities????:( Thank you.Li

Hello friends,The new PMDG 737ngx. Would you be able to change routes and destinations while up in the air like a real world FMC capabilities????:( Thank you.Li
All PMDG planes in the past have this capability, I would think the answer is yes. I'm sure 99% of the real bird's capabilities are going to be modeled, this is PMDG we are talking about here!

"I'm not talking about dance lessons. I'm talking about putting a brick through the other guy's windshield. I'm talking about taking it out and chopping it up."- Royal TenenbaumIn other words, I'll be shocked if the FMC (or any other part of the NGX for that matter) disappoints ya!Cheers!

Yes, that's an extremely basic feature of any custom FMC. We have nearly every function the real life FMC has fully modeled.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Yes, that's an extremely basic feature of any custom FMC. We have nearly every function the real life FMC has fully modeled.
Acars weather [D-ATIS] ?

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Acars weather [D-ATIS] ?
BASIC!
Are you sure? Seems like it would involve a bit of work importing that data off the internet (or incorporating from FSX weather). I don't think that will be included but hey, PMDG might surprise us.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

Are you sure? Seems like it would involve a bit of work importing that data off the internet (or incorporating from FSX weather). I don't think that will be included but hey, PMDG might surprise us.
They could read and show the ATIS report of the destination airport, could they?Also Radar Contact 4 is able to give you the weather from the airport when you're a few hundred miles away, so why shouldn't an FMC be able to make an D-ATIS report out of it?

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

The ATIS in FSINN is gleamed from the vatsim/ivao servers when ever you are connected. I believe there's an option in FSINN to get it from the NOAA servers but not sure.The issue is when using FSX real weather or something like Activesky, it rarely matches with the Vatsim weather de to network delay etc etc.Ya it would be neat to see...but what's wrong with tuning the ol' ATIS and listening? Better yet if flying on a network ask the ATC for current conditions and plan accordingly. They got nothing to do anyways ;)I've never been near any machine with ACARS capability (couldn't believe it when I saw a Jazz Dash equipped with it), so the whole ACARS thing is one thing that is a bit of a loss to me.

They could read and show the ATIS report of the destination airport, could they?Also Radar Contact 4 is able to give you the weather from the airport when you're a few hundred miles away, so why shouldn't an FMC be able to make an D-ATIS report out of it?
Pretty sure you could not. You can get any METAR guaranteed, but not exactly "make a D-ATIS" out of that, at least not one compatible with any ATC, be it FSX built-in or of any online network. I'm just saying you could eventually make up some active runway based on the wind that would make sense for these particular conditions, but maybe your online controller has some other runway active for other reasons etc.I know I'm repeating myself, but I for one would really, I mean really, like to be able to download just the plain METAR from within the CDU but I'm pretty sure it won't be featured at all. Too bad. Judging from that one screenshot or video, can't remember, the whole ACARS entry was greyed out so I have reduced my expectations to zero in this regard. Open for any surprises.sig.gif

You could always use the ACARS gauge you get with Flight Keeper, that works like a charm, I never fly a big jet in FS without it.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

You could always use the ACARS gauge you get with Flight Keeper, that works like a charm, I never fly a big jet in FS without it.Al
Same here. I find that gauge to be quite the helpful tool when getting weather, and weather summeries for my route. Helps when it comes to knowing what to expect, fill out winds aloft for each leg, average winds and temp deviations. Really quite the helpful tool.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

The Problem with the fsx weather is, that you can as far as I know only get the weather for the Airports near you, not from those so far away that they haven't been loaded to memory yet.