Sign in to follow this  
031195ds

How can I make my FS2004 more real?

Dave,I am about to start simming again after several years, sticking with FS9 for now so I can fly DF 727 etc. I feel caught up on everything except:1) Did not know about Howard Smith's work till you referenced. Do you use his major FSX Experience file for FS9 or just the trees? And what is the combo you use to upgrade FS9 environment. I have looked at realitypack (avsim), HiDef clouds (avsim hdev2), GE Pro of course, and now the Howard Smith option. Would appreciate your tips as a veteran, as I likely will not change or tweak, just enough time to fly.The only other question I have for anyone is relative to memory. After reviewing a few threads not sure, running a new laptop with SB and 10G ram (Asus), do I need to make any tweaks relative to memory or just fire it up and go.Thanks very much for any help.Roy

Roy Holley

To make it real apart from the visuals, what you need for the aeroplane is a model that caters for full on check lists.If not then add all the gauges and buttons that the check list requires. My soon to be released VC10 cockpit upgrade requires at least 15-20 mins of checks before you go "anywhere!" It also has active pushback communications and cabin communications. Couple that with an ATC programme such as PFE and you start to get a flavour of reality!!From the ATC point of view, the sim ATC is as real as it "doesn't" get! You need either RC4 or PFE. Vatsim is ok but nine times out of ten there is nobody on duty for the routes and destinations you want to fly.vololiberista

Are there any other programs that I could use to combine with Active Sky Evolution and what settings do you recommend me having to have the best performance on my FS2004?

Had that been you who released this nice ENB file some months ago? If yes, could you send it to me, I´ve lost it.
Try this Steffan. This is Dillons ENB settings with a couple of small mods that I made. [PROXY]EnableProxyLibrary=0InitProxyFunctions=0ProxyLibrary=[GLOBAL]UseEffect=1AlternativeDepth=1AllowAntialias=0BugFixMode=0SkipShaderOptimization=0QuadVertexBuffer=0EnableShaders_3_0=1UseMRTRendering=0AdditionalConfigFile=enbseries2.ini[EFFECT]EnableBloom=1EnableOcclusion=0EnableReflection=0EnableMotionBlur=0EnableWater=0EnableShadow=0DepthBias=0EnableDepthOfField=0[iNPUT]KeyUseEffect=123KeyBloom=120KeyOcclusion=121KeyReflection=122KeyCombination=16KeyScreenshot=45KeyShadow=119KeyWater=118KeyShowFPS=106[REFLECTION]ReflectionPower=0ChromePower=0UseCurrentFrameReflection=0ReflectionQuality=0ReflectionSourceSpecular=0ReflectionSourceTFactor=0UseAdditiveReflection=0ReflectionDepthBias=0UseLowResReflection=0ReflectionSinglePass=0UseEnvBump=0EnvBumpAmount=0EnvBumpOffset=0ReflectionFlip=0[bLOOM]BloomPowerDay=12BloomFadeTime=500BloomConstantDay=1BloomQuality=3BloomScreenLevelDay=35BloomCurveDay=0BloomPowerNight=3BloomConstantNight=5BloomCurveNight=1BloomScreenLevelNight=20BloomAdaptationScreenLevel=40BloomAdaptationMultiplier=99BloomAllowOversaturation=0BloomMaxLimit=100[sSAO]UseFilter=1OcclusionQuality=2FilterQuality=0DarkeningLevel=30BrighteningLevel=30IlluminationLevel=30AdditiveIlluminationLevel=30UseAmbientOcclusion=1UseIndirectLighting=1FadeDistance=50UseForAlphaTest=1UseForAlphaBlend=1[colorCORRECTION]DarkeningAmountDay=21ScreenLevelDay=30ScreenLevelNight=0DarkeningAmountNight=0GammaCurveDay=3GammaCurveNight=0.5ColorSaturationDay=0ColorSaturationNight=0UsePaletteTexture=0[WATER]UseWaterDeep=0WaterDeepness=20WaterQuality=0[sHADOW]ShadowFadeStart=0ShadowFadeEnd=0ShadowAmountDay=0ShadowAmountNight=0ShadowScreenLevelDay=0ShadowScreenLevelNight=0ShadowQuality=0UseShadowFilter=0FilterQuality=0ShadowBlurRange=0[ENGINE]ForceAnisotropicFiltering=0MaxAnisotropy=8ForceDisplayRefreshRate=0DisplayRefreshRateHz=60[MOTIONBLUR]MotionBlurQuality=0MotionBlurVelocity=0MotionBlurRotation=0[PERPIXELLIGHTING]SpecularColorMin=0SpecularColorMax=100SpecularColorMultiplier=100SpecularGlossinessMin=0SpecularGlossinessMax=100SpecularGlossinessMultiplier=100[DEPTHOFFIELD]DOFQuality=2DOFNumberOfPasses=1DOFFocusRange=50DOFBlurinessRange=10

Try this Steffan. This is Dillons ENB settings with a couple of small mods that I made. [PROXY]EnableProxyLibrary=0InitProxyFunctions=0ProxyLibrary=[GLOBAL]UseEffect=1AlternativeDepth=1AllowAntialias=0BugFixMode=0SkipShaderOptimization=0QuadVertexBuffer=0EnableShaders_3_0=1UseMRTRendering=0AdditionalConfigFile=enbseries2.ini[EFFECT]EnableBloom=1EnableOcclusion=0EnableReflection=0EnableMotionBlur=0EnableWater=0EnableShadow=0DepthBias=0EnableDepthOfField=0[iNPUT]KeyUseEffect=123KeyBloom=120KeyOcclusion=121KeyReflection=122KeyCombination=16KeyScreenshot=45KeyShadow=119KeyWater=118KeyShowFPS=106[REFLECTION]ReflectionPower=0ChromePower=0UseCurrentFrameReflection=0ReflectionQuality=0ReflectionSourceSpecular=0ReflectionSourceTFactor=0UseAdditiveReflection=0ReflectionDepthBias=0UseLowResReflection=0ReflectionSinglePass=0UseEnvBump=0EnvBumpAmount=0EnvBumpOffset=0ReflectionFlip=0[bLOOM]BloomPowerDay=12BloomFadeTime=500BloomConstantDay=1BloomQuality=3BloomScreenLevelDay=35BloomCurveDay=0BloomPowerNight=3BloomConstantNight=5BloomCurveNight=1BloomScreenLevelNight=20BloomAdaptationScreenLevel=40BloomAdaptationMultiplier=99BloomAllowOversaturation=0BloomMaxLimit=100[sSAO]UseFilter=1OcclusionQuality=2FilterQuality=0DarkeningLevel=30BrighteningLevel=30IlluminationLevel=30AdditiveIlluminationLevel=30UseAmbientOcclusion=1UseIndirectLighting=1FadeDistance=50UseForAlphaTest=1UseForAlphaBlend=1[colorCORRECTION]DarkeningAmountDay=21ScreenLevelDay=30ScreenLevelNight=0DarkeningAmountNight=0GammaCurveDay=3GammaCurveNight=0.5ColorSaturationDay=0ColorSaturationNight=0UsePaletteTexture=0[WATER]UseWaterDeep=0WaterDeepness=20WaterQuality=0[sHADOW]ShadowFadeStart=0ShadowFadeEnd=0ShadowAmountDay=0ShadowAmountNight=0ShadowScreenLevelDay=0ShadowScreenLevelNight=0ShadowQuality=0UseShadowFilter=0FilterQuality=0ShadowBlurRange=0[ENGINE]ForceAnisotropicFiltering=0MaxAnisotropy=8ForceDisplayRefreshRate=0DisplayRefreshRateHz=60[MOTIONBLUR]MotionBlurQuality=0MotionBlurVelocity=0MotionBlurRotation=0[PERPIXELLIGHTING]SpecularColorMin=0SpecularColorMax=100SpecularColorMultiplier=100SpecularGlossinessMin=0SpecularGlossinessMax=100SpecularGlossinessMultiplier=100[DEPTHOFFIELD]DOFQuality=2DOFNumberOfPasses=1DOFFocusRange=50DOFBlurinessRange=10
Thanks, like the setup, but is there a way for it not to be so dark, just a tad lighter, but just about perfect to me

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Thanks a bunch, mate!

Simple, scrap it, get a decent computer and install FSX and get the PMDG 737NGX with GEX/ORBX scenery ect. :-)

Why are you hanging out here instead flying your beloved FSX?!
#####??? There are some guys who can´t or don´t want to switch to FSX. This has to be respected. If you can´t respect this, you should post somehere else.Btw. I also use FS9 as preimary and I´m happy with it.

#####??? There are some guys who can´t or don´t want to switch to FSX. This has to be respected. If you can´t respect this, you should post somehere else.Btw. I also use FS9 as preimary and I´m happy with it.
This dude is right. I personally have both and FSX has a lot of issues. Like most people, most people use FSX for GA flying and FS2004 for hard core commercial flying.

Yes, I do respect that some people prefer fsx that's why I don't go to fsx forums and tell them what to do with their hobbies unlike the poster I replied to their comments

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205