Sign in to follow this  
pixel9

AoA Cockpit Impressions in flight

That is so cool! Everyone dont watch it until ive finished. Load time is very slow!

Thanks TobiasJust seen it over at AoA, amazing stuff well worth a look.Saving a few dollars every fortnight from my age pension to one day own this PMDG model.Cheers,Delf(Heron 1B)

Guest Tamadeez

YUP defs worth the wait :D

Are those climb rates (like 4500 or even 7100) normal? I understand it can be like that when you have to climb to avoid crashing into a mountain, but when he put 14000ft on the mcp the airplane climbed at a rate of about 4500ft. It would be uncomfortble for passengers?

Are those climb rates (like 4500 or even 7100) normal? I understand it can be like that when you have to climb to avoid crashing into a mountain, but when he put 14000ft on the mcp the airplane climbed at a rate of about 4500ft. It would be uncomfortble for passengers?
Comfort for the passengers is the pilots responsibity, which is why pilots often like to use VS in many situations rather than FLCH. The aircraft in the video was loaded lightly, he chose a mode (FLCH) that holds the throttles full forward on it's computed N1 setting and the aircraft used pitch to hold that speed, hence it was rapid, which was valid considering he was heading for mountains.

It would be uncomfortble for passengers?
Probably, but what's your point???? :( Much more comfortable than crashing on the mountain peak.. that's for sure.This is not a revenue flight, this is a flight simulation, this is a demo flight close to mountain peaks. Great video.

Guys, do you know how can he manipulate the camera (or the view point) that smoothly in the VC? The only way I know to manipulate the position of the camera is to use the ###### or Ctrl keys along with Enter and Backspace, and I don't think this technique can provide that smooth and precise maneuverability. He can also tilt around three axes, unlike the two axes provided by the mouse and Space bar. Do you know how to do that?

Guys, do you know how can he manipulate the camera (or the view point) that smoothly in the VC? The only way I know to manipulate the position of the camera is to use the ###### or Ctrl keys along with Enter and Backspace, and I don't think this technique can provide that smooth and precise maneuverability. He can also tilt around three axes, unlike the two axes provided by the mouse and Space bar. Do you know how to do that?
He is using TrackIR. this is a device that is placed on top of your computer screen and which monitors all your head movements. you yourself have to wear a something on your head (a headset or small baseball cap for instance) with infrared sensors on it.

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

hmm what would be uncomfortable for passengers hitting the mountain at 250 and seeing how the emergency exits work or just feeling being pushed back in ur seat

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Excellent video, truly shows off the office of the NGX!

comfort for a pax is not defined by your actual V/S. Rather by your PITCH and the suddenness of your actions...I remember one day 'plunging' into LSGG (for real :() going for about 8000fpm (avro rj, full airbrake)Afterwards I asked the cabin if they noticed, they said they just noticed the airplane handing 'forward' a bit more than usual but nothing more... great video... looks terrific!