Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

PMDG 737NGX Livery Availability

Mitch,

Would the fictional -700 below work? All I have left to do is add the graphics to the outside of the winglets.

American-700_Inprogress-1.jpg

Just a quick question, Does it have the reflective fuselage like the -800 on PMDG's downlaod library? the one in this picture kind've looks like its just gray and not reflective.

Thanks

Just a quick question, Does it have the reflective fuselage like the -800 on PMDG's downlaod library? the one in this picture kind've looks like its just gray and not reflective.

Thanks

Steve, Shenzhen Airlines for today ?

Mitch.

A reflective look is all based on the time of day and angle. Even the official PMDG -800 is not the chrome everyone wants. It's not much different than my bare metal look. I darkened the -700 it up a little bit from the screen shot above. All you can do to simulate a bare metal/chrome finish is to feather a dark and light area so that it appears to have chrome reflectivity. Here's the same plane at a different angle. It looks darker and has a shine to it. This is the same bare aluminum layer I used on my -600.

I've spent hours testing and adjusting bump maps, spec files, etc. to try and achieve a chrome/bare metal look. It can be done on other FSX aircraft. From what I understand a "flag" has to be turned on in the actual model file to enable the reflectivity to achieve the chrome/bare metal look.

I held off painting the Western, Frontier and especially American Airlines as I felt that I did not want to put out a livery that would draw criticism over the finish. Based on feedback from folks I trust, I will continue to use the current scheme to simulate the bare metal finish. Apreciate the question...I really do.

American-700_Inprogress-2.jpg

McCarter,

The Shenzen livery probably won'y happen until the end of the week. I have to keep working on it. If another painter wants to try and finish it...I'll gladly send it to someone. I hope you understand it's that much of a challenge to do that top area and be happy with it. Not promising anything at this point.

Marcelo,

I've looked at porting over the -700 livery above to a -900. It's not that hard to do. I might be able to get this -700 out tonight.

Hello guys,

I have been repainting a bit today (I am terrible at this, I know, but my time is tied between other stuff when I even feel like making FS stuff)

and have finished the Smartwings OK-SWT. Might do SWW tomorrow.

Anyway, basically, I dont like making screenshots, cant do a solid one, and my PC is crap anyway, so - does anybody feel like making me couple screenshots?

Hello guys,

I have been repainting a bit today (I am terrible at this, I know, but my time is tied between other stuff when I even feel like making FS stuff)

and have finished the Smartwings OK-SWT. Might do SWW tomorrow.

Anyway, basically, I dont like making screenshots, cant do a solid one, and my PC is crap anyway, so - does anybody feel like making me couple screenshots?

Peter,

How can I assist? Just let me know. I can make screen shots for you....no problem.

All,

The American Airlines -700 has finished uploading to the AVSIM library. Here are a few shots from the upload.

PMDG_737-700_NGX_American-1.jpg

PMDG_737-700_NGX_American-2.jpg

PMDG_737-700_NGX_American-4.jpg

Peter,

How can I assist? Just let me know. I can make screen shots for you....no problem.

All,

The American Airlines -700 has finished uploading to the AVSIM library. Here are a few shots from the upload.

PMDG_737-700_NGX_American-1.jpg

PMDG_737-700_NGX_American-2.jpg

PMDG_737-700_NGX_American-4.jpg

I don't see it listed. can you post the link?

I don't see it listed. can you post the link?

I can't post a link until I see it in the AVSIM library. It might not show up until an AVSIM system administrator approves it. I'm sure it will be there by morning.

All,

That's some very fine job Steve... Thanks!

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

steve sorry is not a painting technique lol.. I just ment that I hope you make a 800 of American in the near future since I like the way it look with the grey look instead of the chrome... I like your American alot better Steve.. good work another aircraft for my hanger...

Carlitos Colon

Thanks, Steve.

Marcelo, any chance we could get you to do Southwest Florida One, Illinois One or Maryland One?

This one would be good too

airtran-southwest-plane.jpg

Oh dear lord. Thankfully that's a photoshop, not a real livery.. As for the others, Illinois One is already done and available in the Avsim library.

Steve Caffey

I will continue to use the current scheme to simulate the bare metal finish.

I think it looks excellent Steve

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2