Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

PMDG 737NGX Livery Availability

Need Photoshop help: Im trying to repaint an Iberia 737-800 and im struggling to get the curves of the lines that are on the front / front top of the fuselage. Ive tried mapping real images and using the pen tool but im not having any luck. Can anyone give me some feedback please. Im sure its something simple that im missing but I would really like to get it taken care of. you can respond here of PM me -- i have attached an image with very rough outlines of the part im struggling with

Thanks so much in advance,

Max

Max

PMDG 747X & 737NGX Pilot

Try painting it, cut it, load it in FS, look at it, rinse, repeat.

No magic there, unfortunately.

Ben,

The last I remember was that Chris (Jokers Wild) was working on it and had a shading issue with the lower center fuselage section and the bottom dark blue color. Let me get through this Shenzhen paint. I have to make a decision working on it as to whether that top area can be painted correctly by this weekend. I don't want to drag that paint out and hold up other paint projects because I can't fix that troublesome top area in a timely manner.

I stated on this thread that if noone picked up the fancy Peruvian Airlines request, I would entertain doing it. I'm still anticipating that I will end up doing that one as well over the next week or so.

If I can't get the Shenzhen Airlines bird done by Sunday, it will be put on the shelf temporarily and I'll give the Delta -900 a shot. The Delta livery should not be hard to make. The hardest area to paint is where the bottom blue lines flow on the sides.

Steve

For Ben and the rest of the Delta -900 requestors....it's started. I took the night off from the Shenzhen livery and decided to get an initial start on the Delta -900. Looking at what pictures I can find online of -800/-900s the first 2 windows on the right side and 1st window on the left side are covered over. That's probably due to a coat closet or galley area, so I made this one look the same. I got the same darker center area of the blue bottom that Chris (Jokers Wild) encountered, but I'm confident I can fix that.

Delta-900_Inprogress-1.jpg

Almost done with the Delta -900. All that's left is cleaning up the bottom blue edges. I was able to get the botttom middle section to look better and not so dark like the problem Chris was having. Part of the issue appears to be reflectivity of the main wing root area as opposed to other sections and that particular dark blue color exposes it.

I firmly believe it's a function of the alpha channels for that individual psd file and probably is influenced by the main bump map and spec files. I'm not going to alter those as that would add a lot of extra files to the texture folder and make the size large like a self contained cargo livery. After some area specific tweaking, it's a pretty close match now.

I'm hoping to get it uploaded sometime this evening.

Delta-900_Inprogress-2.jpg

THANK YOU SO MUCH! :Big Grin:

Hi Steve,

Shenzhen Airlines version -800WL, please ?

I'm working on this one and you can't imagine hard much frustration there is making the top stripe area line up. It's the same frustration that kept me from releasing that Texas International -800. We'll see how this one goes. Adding a winglet version is 10 minutes of work to make.

Shenzen-800_Inprogress-2.jpg

All,

The Delta -900 is uploaded. I'm sure Ben will be making it available real quick...lol. I ended up re-doing the blue bottom. You can never get it perfect do to the limitations of the 3D model. The bottom wingroot are was a pain to get where the shading would look right. The -800 does not have this issue. It appears to be related to whatever dynamic shine or specular shading was dialed in the model file. But it looks pretty good as is. I hope everyone enjoys it.

pmdg_737ngx_900_Delta-1.jpg

pmdg_737ngx_900_Delta-2.jpg

pmdg_737ngx_900_Delta-4.jpg

I'm sure Ben will be making it available real quick...lol.

Approved within 30 seconds of the initial upload lol.... I love it so far!! Very clean and realistic! Thanks so much for your help Steve! :smile:

All,

The Delta -900 is uploaded. I'm sure Ben will be making it available real quick...lol. I ended up re-doing the blue bottom. You can never get it perfect do to the limitations of the 3D model. The bottom wingroot are was a pain to get where the shading would look right. The -800 does not have this issue. It appears to be related to whatever dynamic shine or specular shading was dialed in the model file. But it looks pretty good as is. I hope everyone enjoys it.

pmdg_737ngx_900_Delta-1.jpg

pmdg_737ngx_900_Delta-2.jpg

pmdg_737ngx_900_Delta-4.jpg

Just downloaded it and it looks great! About to do ATL-TPA for a short hop. Can I request an American Airlines -700 and/or -900 from you? Thanks!

Thanks, Steve.

Marcelo, any chance we could get you to do Southwest Florida One, Illinois One or Maryland One?

This one would be good too

airtran-southwest-plane.jpg

Thanks Steve for Delta. Plan on using her quite a bit.

Eric 

Just downloaded it and it looks great! About to do ATL-TPA for a short hop. Can I request an American Airlines -700 and/or -900 from you? Thanks!

Mitch,

Would the fictional -700 below work? All I have left to do is add the graphics to the outside of the winglets.

American-700_Inprogress-1.jpg

Steve that look fanastic ..... I try painting several airlines but those damn line really bother me and I couldn't figure out it was happening and just gave up... Especially on the 800 which is one of my favorite aircraft... I wish I had your talent dude... Any possible chance on the 800 in the future of American I like that grey you use......

Carlitos Colon

Steve that look fanastic ..... I try painting several airlines but those damn line really bother me and I couldn't figure out it was happening and just gave up... Especially on the 800 which is one of my favorite aircraft... I wish I had your talent dude... Any possible chance on the 800 in the future of American I like that grey you use......

Carlitos Colon

There's already an official PMDG -800 with winglets for American Airlines in the PMDG livery download section. I just reloaded it to look at it. It's almost the exact same livery I'm doing. The anti-glare panel area in front of the cockpit is the side blue stripe color and not black. That's probably the biggest difference. The bare metal look is slightly different from my technique, but still looks very nice.

I'll have to research what you mean by "future of American". I'll assume that's a unique paint scheme.