Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

PMDG 737NGX Livery Availability

Ok, lets see if I can be coherent about this. This is for Photoshop. I don't have Gimp and don't know what the interface is like. Open your master repaint file, turn OFF your paint layer for now. Turn ON the paint guide that represents the curves. You should see a white area where the wing joins to the fusePhotoshop2011-09-2314-45-50-66.jpg Using the pen tool and using that white space as your guide, create a new shape. One for the left side and on another layer, make another for the right. I chose a light gray for the fill color.So I end up with two independently movable wing root shapes. The pic below illustrates how they look with everything else turned off.Photoshop2011-09-2314-48-59-61.jpg Turn your paint layer back on, and place both these new shapes at the top of the paint layer so they cover everything below and act as a mask. Then, you can gently nudge each shape upwards (downwards for the right side). This covers up my paint at the point it crosses the wings.Photoshop2011-09-2314-51-38-03.jpg The final result is far from perfect but it was preferable to me rather than the texture bleeding onto the wing.fsx2011-09-2315-00-50-88.jpg

Chris Hicks

but you know me and tutorials!
Yeah I do! LOL LMAO.gif just kidding man! So now you've only got that one other tut to do... Big%20Grin.gif Looking forward to it! Seriously, thanks for the hints! I was trying to do something similar, but then I was in contact with the modellers in the meantime and they told me about the upcoming UVW update, so I put it to a rest by that time and postponed any further tweaking to the post-SP1 phase. sig.gif EDIT Oh, maybe a suggestion there: Instead of drawing them with a path, I think you could also magic wand the wing roots using the curvature layer. Might save you a minute. Furthermore you could in fact use them as a real mask (instead of filling) for the layer that contains the part that intersects the wing area. Of course only if the paint is so simple this happens in one layer, otherwise you'd have to mask multiple layers obviously and so on. Well just a thought, haven't really tried it. Edited by badderjet

Yeah I do! LOL LMAO.gif just kidding man! So now you've only got that one other tut to do... Big%20Grin.gif Looking forward to it! Seriously, thanks for the hints! I was trying to do something similar, but then I was in contact with the modellers in the meantime and they told me about the upcoming UVW update, so I put it to a rest by that time and postponed any further tweaking to the post-SP1 phase. sig.gif EDIT Oh, maybe a suggestion there: Instead of drawing them with a path, I think you could also magic wand the wing roots using the curvature layer. Might save you a minute. Furthermore you could in fact use them as a real mask (instead of filling) for the layer that contains the part that intersects the wing area. Of course only if the paint is so simple this happens in one layer, otherwise you'd have to mask multiple layers obviously and so on.
Want to know how much of a Noob I am? I have no clue what a UVW is... and now that you mention it, I do think I used the wand and not the pen. I used the pen for the gold stripe.

Chris Hicks

Want to know how much of a Noob I am? I have no clue what a UVW is... and now that you mention it, I do think I used the wand and not the pen. I used the pen for the gold stripe.
Roger that. I'm not 100% sure on the UVW either, but similar to "XYZ" coordinates, UVW are the "mapping coordinates", which define how and where the beautiful textures we draw get "projected" or "mapped" onto the actual 3D model. Obviously, the 3D morphology of an aircraft is way more complex than that of any simple shape like a cube or a cylinder, so you need more powerful means of describing how to get your 2D image (aka the texture) onto that complex model correctly.And if they say they change the UVW mapping coords, that would mean to me they partly change which part of the texture appears where on the model. I think that's roughly the idea here, but other than that it's all Greek to me either. LOL.gifsig.gif

Hi! These are my Repaintsin www.avsim.net, put in search: veneziale and displays all 1sinttulo1.jpg Regards
Awesome, love the layout! Very cool idea!

BTW, just found these two on Wiki, about texture mapping, and more imporant even UV coords as they seem to be correctly called, interestingly enough. sig.gif EDIT2 ******* Christ, so there IS another article about UVWs, I really don't know which one is correct now, but whatever. Just thought I'd add it for completeness and if you are bored. LMAO.gif

Edited by badderjet

BTW, just found these two on Wiki, about texture mapping, and more imporant even UV coords as they seem to be correctly called, interestingly enough. sig.gif EDIT2 ******* Christ, so there IS another article about UVWs, I really don't know which one is correct now, but whatever. Just thought I'd add it for completeness and if you are bored. LMAO.gif
Thanks a lot! I'll be sure and check them out. I would like to be slightly less clueless about what I'm doing!

Chris Hicks

Good morning, in 08 h 00 Zulu time, it is still not available on AVSIM.Part doubles, I have just downloaded it with the link above of Marcelo Vene. I have just installed it, it is wonderfully well accomplished. It is very nice and perfectly correspondent to reality. One thank you very much to Marcelo Vene. Bravo Marcelo and good continuance. Applause.gifApplause.gifApplause.gif

KLM 737-8K2 (PH-BXA) retro repaint will be available from the library within the next 24 hours. MaartenEHVB

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg