Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

PMDG 737NGX Livery Availability

MALAYSIA AIRLINES Weathered B737-800 WL 9M-MLF Available now Downlaod Link: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=162402 MAL_Dirty.jpg As you guys know this was my first attempt at weathering, thanks for the inspiration Chris.It was never my intention to make it a 'boneyard' distressed level of weathering but rather faded under the harsh tropical sun sort of thing with added streaks. Well that was Ok but I went a bit overboard on the nose, she looks like she's just flown through a volcanic ash cloud, but that was fun. :( I'd have to say though that in general these are front line passenger aircraft we are modeling here, they are all well maintained and kept looking pristine in the main. The 'clean' repaints we do are much closer to 'reality' (whatever that is) than 'weathered' examples. I can't imagine Malaysia Airlines would ever allow an aircraft that looked like this anywhere near the flight line. However this won't be my last weathered one, it was fun for me, hope you enjoy it too.

Well, I guess nobody wants to do an Royal Air maroc New colours?
Don't give up m8, we seem to get to most requests in time. Sooooo many planes.....so little time Hypnotized.gif

As you guys know this was my first attempt at weathering, thanks for the inspiration Chris.
Hmm, maybe YOU can inspire us illiterates and give a few hints as how to get started on weathering...!? I still feel very uninspired here... *hint hint* Big%20Grin.gifsig.gif

Any way to get American Airlines with the cockpit that contains the C/D third little button near DU. The one that shows flight control movements on screen?
Not sure about a button (I think that requires redoing the VC) but I know that you can see flight control movement by clicking the SYS button for the lower center DU

Any way to get American Airlines with the cockpit that contains the C/D third little button near DU. The one that shows flight control movements on screen?
Button-2.jpg I think this is the button you mean? If so, you can add it to any livery by selecting the Collins MCP (instead of the Honeywell) and then going to "PMDG Setup/Aircraft/Equipment/page 3" and selecting Autoland "Fail Op".

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

Those curves may require a medication adjustment. Taking the next 24 hours off from Photoshop to do a little flying and let my eyes uncross! So...in days available. Here's where she stands today:fsx2011-10-0419-03-21-55.jpg FSJHarry, I promise you lots of dirt!
How about a dirty and a spanking new?

PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

Chidiebere Anyahara

Yes sir and I was the first to see her in action, Marcelo has been one busy man, painting machine.

Rich Sennett

How about a dirty and a spanking new?
I was thinking about that. I've put so much work into it, I hate to completely trash it, and since someone has expressed interest, I'll definitely upload a clean and dirty version. I'm about 99% finished. I need to add registration numbers to the wings and a few other small details, but the rest is about as done as it can get (I even recreated the logo and beak from scratch!) ! I'll try to have it uploaded by Friday, possibly sooner for the clean version. Nokair_logo1.jpgNokair_logo2.jpgNokair_logo3.jpgfsx2011-10-0522-03-29-42.jpgfsx2011-10-0522-42-56-92.jpgfsx2011-10-0522-43-44-62.jpgfsx2011-10-0522-44-35-19.jpg

Chris Hicks

Hmm, maybe YOU can inspire us illiterates and give a few hints as how to get started on weathering...!? I still feel very uninspired here... *hint hint* Big%20Grin.gifsig.gif
OK you asked for it :) Hi EtienneI can maybe tell you what I did, the how though is trial and error, lots and lots of error.Also a disclaimer, I'm a beginner at this, I'm happy to tell you what I've learned over the last few weeks, but there's no secret, it's just experiementation lots of failures and a few smiles. So it's the blind leading the blind ok.Have a good look at a couple of repaint examples, you know what the files are now, have a close look at the .dds's and see what was done to create the effect you are looking at.Go to the Repainters forum here on AVSIM, look/search for 'weathering' there are a couple of tutorials and some posts to read and google some more you'll find other relevant forums but AVSIM will get you started. Most of it pertains to warbirds but so what the ideas are the same. I set out to just brush up the rivets/lines through the red/blue parts of the livery and add some more grease/dirt streaks and reduce the general reflectivity to make it dull overall. OK with your paint tool of choice you'll need to be comfortable with layers, lots of layers and the basics of blending options and using brushes and brush presets. Don't panic if you doubt your skills you can learn on the job, but it'll take longer. On that topic you'll be investing 10's of hours here, so if thats a problem, don't, just fly someone else's repaint and enjoy. Rivets are a good place to start, find the relevant layer(s) ... investigate ALL the layers, turn them on and off and see whats what. Find the rivets layer, make a duplicate ALWAYS, work on the duplicate, turn off the original, or you'll get confused. I wanted to make the rivets on the red/blue paint to show whiteish, stripped bare by the slipstream over time. With rivet layer active, Magic wand a transparent area, invert so all the rivets are selected, go over the rivets on the painted area with white/very light gray. If you have you selection right, all and only the rivets get painted. I went back over my now white painted rivets with light eraser settings and a soft brush to soften / rub out some of my white rivets to vary the effect. You can also play with the general opacity of the layer and many many other techniques to achieve what I did here. Scratches. Investigate your brushes, and there was a short avsim tute on the subject. My scratches were a hard bristle scratchly brush sort of thing that I then blended/blurred with eraser/blur tool/transparency trial and error, just play with things, think in layers, layer on layer using blending options and transparency. My scratches weren't good. A work in progress but gave the effect of years of careless jetway operators I hope. Many ways to skin the cat here, thats how I did my scratches more commonly use odd shaped brushes. flowers/leaves are suggested, as they are sort of random organic shapes that work. Adding grime, oil streaks. First catch your grime. Find a suitable oil streak on a layer of something somewhere. I found my bit in the tail/egines.psd. Just a little stripe on the underside engine cowl. Copy your chosen little bit of grunge -- to another layer. I then used this one little bit of oil streak rotated/stretched/shrunk/deformed/partially rubbed out etc etc in 50 different ways all over the aircraft. Learn about blending modes for layers, the differnce between normal and multiply for starters. Learn how to add adjustment layers to darken/lighten/change hue etc etc layers of choice, you'll probably want to darken some of the general grime / weathering layers that are in the repaint already. Some are set at lower visiblity already so they are easy to up the intensity others require different methods as they are set 100%, hence the need for adjustment layers. Reflectivity, gloss, shine. Now I'm a real beginner here, so I might leave that until I work out more how it works. All I did was darken up the alpha layer in the _spec.dds version of the fuse_1,_2,_3 files that worked good enough for the moment. So Etienne, was that enough info to be dangerous. You just have to start, have an idea in mind, no grand things to begin, just dirty up a door, a bit of chipped paint, something small, play with it, might take 10 tries to get any satisfaction but once you've discovered some method to create an effect you can reuse it over and over in many ways. As I said at the start, check out other livery .dds, examine how an effect was created... they are all tricks really to fool the eye in some way, like how a dark line next to a light line is 'seen' as a highlight and a shadow .. presto 3D a visual trick. So you're not trying to create the perfect scratch, just something that looks like a scratch by the methods above or say scratch your paint lyer with a hard eraser to reveal say a metallic layer below might be another way. Experiment, fail, learn till you get something pleasing. Words of advice. Don't get the Photoshop 30 day free trial unless you can afford to buy it, cause you'll want to :)Find the fallback texture folders. That info is in the texture.cfg file we put in out livery folder and differs per aircraft model. The NGX actually uses about 50 texture files. We generally play with less than 10 of them and override the fallback/default when we put a same named file in our texture folder, but when you want to play with _spec (specular) or bump map files for reflectivity and surface bumps you'll need to start with those default ones as the paint kit does not contain those sort of things. Thats for later, but be aware that the few texture files we do our painting on are only part of the story.You'll need a level of obsesive compulsive behaviour to do this.... if you have a generation X attention span, just don't, you'll be wasting your time. Yes I must be :)

MALAYSIA AIRLINES Weathered B737-800 WL 9M-MLF Available now Downlaod Link: http://library.avsim...php?DLID=162402 MAL_Dirty.jpg As you guys know this was my first attempt at weathering, thanks for the inspiration Chris.It was never my intention to make it a 'boneyard' distressed level of weathering but rather faded under the harsh tropical sun sort of thing with added streaks. Well that was Ok but I went a bit overboard on the nose, she looks like she's just flown through a volcanic ash cloud, but that was fun. smile.png I'd have to say though that in general these are front line passenger aircraft we are modeling here, they are all well maintained and kept looking pristine in the main. The 'clean' repaints we do are much closer to 'reality' (whatever that is) than 'weathered' examples. I can't imagine Malaysia Airlines would ever allow an aircraft that looked like this anywhere near the flight line. However this won't be my last weathered one, it was fun for me, hope you enjoy it too. Don't give up m8, we seem to get to most requests in time. Sooooo many planes.....so little time Hypnotized.gif
WOW!!!! Crankpin this repaint is more then perfect , great job and thnk u verry much you're the man . . .one request again if you don't mine , can u make Malaysia Airlines Livery again ? this time make it looks clean and brand new .it all up to you , u wanna make it or not its fine for me , thnks Crankpin . . .