Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

PMDG 737NGX Livery Availability

Yes...that's out of KSEA. I'm glad everyone likes the older liveries.

Teo,

I broke ground on the Copa Airlines Star Alliance livery. Here's an initial shot. It has a ways to go. The lettering below is nowhere near the right size and alignment, but it will be when I'm done. I have to remove that left front passenger window as well. The tail logo is a little too large. It might take a few days to finish this. I just wanted to let you know it was underway.

CopaStart.jpg

Steve wow thanks a lot for doing it! Will be really happy to fly this bird!

Thanks again! Great work!

Teofilo Homsany

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Teo,

You probably missed my earlier post here. It's been uploaded since the 18th in the AVSIM library. Here's the link.

http://library.avsim...crp&DLID=167745

Steve I was busy with a lot of work and I didn't noticed it!

Wow, looks amazing, will start flying it tonight...

Thanks a lot for your hard work.. it's greatly appreciated!

Teofilo Homsany

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Jet Airways B737-800 WL

Download http://library.avsim...crp&DLID=167858

Fantastic!

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Steve: Awesome job on all your paints lately. I can't keep up with you! :Applause:

The Pan Am -600 looks great,so also the Billboard -700!

And... the Braniff's are magnificent! TWA birds also look great!

Thanks again for making the NGX look its best! :good:

Can one of you pros help me out? I'm trying to do a Hawaiian Airlines for the -600, but ran into a problem. During testing after getting most of the vertical done, I saved the image using DXTBMP like always. I then made a copy of a -600 repaint and saved my tail in its place. Loading up FSX, the paint seems to work, but all of my AI aircraft at honolulu are acting very weird. The shadows are on the ground and move as the plane does, but there is no plane.

I'm working on the texture now, so when I have the issue again I'll post an image.

Jack

Can one of you pros help me out? I'm trying to do a Hawaiian Airlines for the -600, but ran into a problem. During testing after getting most of the vertical done, I saved the image using DXTBMP like always. I then made a copy of a -600 repaint and saved my tail in its place. Loading up FSX, the paint seems to work, but all of my AI aircraft at honolulu are acting very weird. The shadows are on the ground and move as the plane does, but there is no plane.

I'm working on the texture now, so when I have the issue again I'll post an image.

Jack

Jack,

There should be no bearing on the PMDG livery you're working on in relationship to AI aircraft unless you accidentally saved the wrong files to the wrong aircraft folders. That would be my first guess. You will get "see thru" aircraft or no textures visible if the file type saved over the original textures is not the correct "dds" format. What program are you using to do your painting with?

Steve: Awesome job on all your paints lately. I can't keep up with you! :Applause:

The Pan Am -600 looks great,so also the Billboard -700!

And... the Braniff's are magnificent! TWA birds also look great!

Thanks again for making the NGX look its best! :good:

LOL...I can lay off painting for a week if you need to catch up! I hope I'm not clogging up your ramp space! Thanks for the kudo!

Hey Steve,

I'm using Photoshop to edit, then saving the files into dds using the dxtbmp program. In overwriting the files, I basically took a previously painted 737-600, made a copy of the texture file, and when I make my images I just overwrite the current image (in this case the tail). I'm about to do a test, so I'll let you know.

Jack

(also USAF retired)

Hey Steve,

I'm using Photoshop to edit, then saving the files into dds using the dxtbmp program. In overwriting the files, I basically took a previously painted 737-600, made a copy of the texture file, and when I make my images I just overwrite the current image (in this case the tail). I'm about to do a test, so I'll let you know.

Jack

(also USAF retired)

Jack,

Download the Nvidia Photoshop DDS add-on for the version of Photoshop you have at this location. http://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-adobe-photoshop . That way you do not need to use the DXTBMP route and will get better results. If you are editing an existing dds file, make sure you do not "invert" the image when you save it using the Photoshop addon. It will give you a popup window when saving that will allow you to "uncheck" the flip function. Normally when you edit a paintkit template, it will be in PhotoShop format and will need to be inverted upon saving it to the dds format.

Let me know if this helps.

Morning gents,

I just posted a link in the repainters forum regarding subscription based services for Photoshop and other Adobe products. If you've hesitated to start repainting due the cost of the software, now may be the time to give it a try!

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/371861-repainters-rejoice-photoshop-and-other-adobe-products-available-via-subscription/

Chris Hicks

That did help Steve. Also, my AI are showing again. Not sure what happened earlier. Here's my work in progress. The font isn't the correct type, but it's just a place holder while I work on the tail and rear fuselage area.

HALTest.jpg

Morning gents,

I just posted a link in the repainters forum regarding subscription based services for Photoshop and other Adobe products. If you've hesitated to start repainting due the cost of the software, now may be the time to give it a try!

http://forum.avsim.n...a-subscription/

Chris,

Thanks for the input. I'm hoping your hand is doing much better since you're on the PC more. Yes...Photoshop is not inexpensive. I started out years ago with an earlier version for work reasons and update every so often to a newer version (usually skipping several versions...lol). That's a cheaper way for me to upgrade. Even an older version of Photoshop 5 or 7 would work and be an inexpensive purchase for someone looking to get Photoshop that way.

That did help Steve. Also, my AI are showing again. Not sure what happened earlier. Here's my work in progress. The font isn't the correct type, but it's just a place holder while I work on the tail and rear fuselage area.

HALTest.jpg

Great!

I hope you get the Nvidia addon downloaded. It will work a lot better. You would be amazed what you can do with Photoshop. It just takes time and a little patience. That looks very nice so far. Keep in mind that you can always edit "text" (scale, warp, skew, etc.) in Photoshop. Don't be shy about trying things. There's always the ability to "undo" and back up. I wrote an online tutorial on painting aircraft in Photoshop about 10 years ago when I was into combat flight sims. Maybe I should update it for here...lol.