Sign in to follow this  
Marcel11

NGX: AIRAC Cycle? Same procedure as before?

Good morning PMDG.Great news!!!2 questions about AIRAC cycles:- Which cycle will be include on release date?- Does we can use Navigraph as before for further cycles, or does it change something?Thanks for your quick answer.Best regardsMarcel

Current beta has cycle 1107. No idea if that will change before release, but that's what we currently have. Yes, you can still use Navigraph, that's where the current data is from.

Release will have whatever's current on release day - it it holds that we release the 4th, that's probably still 1107. Depends on when Navigraph releases 1108.The navdata is the same as the cycles for the previous planes - it will most likely be changing for the service packs or 600/700 so that we can add RF leg support and a couple other things.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Release will have whatever's current on release day - it it holds that we release the 4th, that's probably still 1107. Depends on when Navigraph releases 1108.The navdata is the same as the cycles for the previous planes - it will most likely be changing for the service packs or 600/700 so that we can add RF leg support and a couple other things.
Hello Ryan,The cycle 1108 is normally foreseen tomorrow the 28th of July by Navigraph.Best RegardsMarc

Best Regards

Marc Manandise

Windows 10 PRO

I'm curious to know if Navigraph can provide us navdata with RF Leg Support, which I don't know if that's something they already provive, I think not, or that's something PMDG will have to manipulate to achieve.

Alexis Mefano

There are many people here who can explain thousand times better than me, but basically you can have a turn segment connecting two points in the procedure, has nothing to do with DME-Arc, this time you can have a segment of your route with a specific radius, distance, and the aircraft will follow that precisely. That's something I'm pretty sure PMDG is the first to implement in FS Addons. This is going to make our simulation a lot more alike the real operation

Alexis Mefano

If one could enlighten me, what´s RF-leg-support?BestHolger Kneib
I found a article about a test at schiphol with a RF-Leg maybe this will give you a better picture about a RF-Leg, here is the link.Jan-Paul

There are many people here who can explain thousand times better than me, but basically you can have a turn segment connecting two points in the procedure, has nothing to do with DME-Arc, this time you can have a segment of your route with a specific radius, distance, and the aircraft will follow that precisely.
Actually, you explained it perfectly! By using a curved leg, approach designers can route aircraft around hills or restricted airspace. Add in the navigation performance monitoring systems on the 737, and we can fly instrument approaches that would: have higher minimums; not be runway aligned; and/or require a huge flying distance.If you have a look at the linked document below, you can see how the curved path of the approaches is used to follow the valleys in the Great Dividing Range.http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/publications/current/sup/s10-h82.pdfCheers,DZ

Actually, you explained it perfectly! By using a curved leg, approach designers can route aircraft around hills or restricted airspace. Add in the navigation performance monitoring systems on the 737, and we can fly instrument approaches that would: have higher minimums; not be runway aligned; and/or require a huge flying distance.If you have a look at the linked document below, you can see how the curved path of the approaches is used to follow the valleys in the Great Dividing Range.http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/publications/current/sup/s10-h82.pdfCheers,DZ
Thank you.That approach is really making some use of newer navigation capabilities. It's almost like flying visually dodging the hills! Even the Missed approach procedure is flown that way, I guess hand flying the missed approach is a no go on that procedure.It will be very cool to be able to fly procedures like that inside our PCs

Alexis Mefano

Well uhh, 1108 is out now. Just got an email so guess that mean we have to update ourselves :)

IN THIS NEWSLETTER:- AIRAC CYCLE 1108 AVAILABLE=== AIRAC CYCLE 1108 AVAILABLE ===Cycle 1108 is now available in the FMS Data section of the Navigraph website

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

Well uhh, 1108 is out now. Just got an email so guess that mean we have to update ourselves :)
Ryan said that the NGX will come with the AIRAC cycle that is current to the release day. So, if the 1108 is out, we'll get the AIRAC 1108 with the NGX.

Matheus Mafra

But honestly, what the difference is which AIRAC cycle it will be? People who want to be up to date have subscription at Navigraph, for others it should not matter because AIRAC cycle is valid only for short time, but I might be wrong wink.gifRegards,

Ryan said that the NGX will come with the AIRAC cycle that is current to the release day. So, if the 1108 is out, we'll get the AIRAC 1108 with the NGX.
Oh that's no problem for me lol. I purchased it anyway for my other addons.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

Oh that's no problem for me lol. I purchased it anyway for my other addons.
No problem to me also. I'm about to download the new one.

Matheus Mafra