Sign in to follow this  
Ian McPhail

FS2 Crew

Fs2crew is the PMDG of FSX for Flight Crew simulation. Nothing else comes even close. It's changed my flying and I can't imagine simming seriously without it. You're not really supposed to fly a 737 or any sophisticated airplanes solo, and no one does it better than fs2crew. Nick Matveev

I love FS2crew! it is one of the best things that happened to my sim experience!I cannot wait for you to expand the concept and I am looking forward to see what you choose to do with the NGX, because currently I am flying the PMDG 747 happy.png

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Cheers, Robert, you'll have all that in the NGX version, too.
Bryan, i flew to Alicante in May on Ryanair 738, i noticed that before landing just prior to turning on finals captain announced, " cabin crew landing in 10 mins " that would be a cool addon to this amazing adition.

Bryan, i flew to Alicante in May on Ryanair 738, i noticed that before landing just prior to turning on finals captain announced, " cabin crew landing in 10 mins " that would be a cool addon to this amazing adition.
It's also specific to that airline.Afaik FS2Crew uses the most common procedures shared by most airlines. I've flown on United, American, Air Canada, SkyWest, and US Airways and I've never heard that call.I've only heard "flight attendants prepare for landing."

Yeah true i guess, I had the fs2crew for the iFly 737 and the extras in that were brilliant, so im hoping they will be just as good if not better on the 737 NGX. Delays on takeoff, RTO, Cancelled airport due to bad weather extra

But will FS2crew become “integrated” with the program coding of the NGX , so it can communicate directly with NGX in the same way it did with the JS41 version? Or will it just simulate mouse clicks and key-presses, like it did with the 747 version? Robert

But will FS2crew become “integrated” with the program coding of the NGX , so it can communicate directly with NGX in the same way it did with the JS41 version? Or will it just simulate mouse clicks and key-presses, like it did with the 747 version? Robert
Robert, PMDG has publicly stated there will be an SDK. In plain English, if I have an SDK, it means I can connect FS2Crew "directly" to the aircraft "without" having to use mini-panels or keypresses. An SDK makes for very, very clean and seamless integration. It'll be just like the FS2Crew PMDG J41 version, which also had SDK like integration. Cheers,

Could anyone point me to the main differences between FS2Crew and MultiCrew Xperience? I've used MCE for the past year but recently bought FS2Crew's Airline Pilot Extreme and so far it seems that it has a bit harder learning curve.
I can only speak for MCE. Our product tries to emulate the ultimate Multi Crew Experience. It is designed in a way, that a real world pilot could use it straight away, without looking at the manual at all. As a programmer you can make your life easier by stipulating that the user must sayThings in a specific order. Set heading digit digit digit. (example Set heading 2 2 0) We think a user should be able to say Set heading WHAT_HDGMake heading WHAT_HDGAdjust heading WHAT_HDG Set the heading WHAT_HDGMake the heading WHAT_HDGAdjust the heading WHAT_HDG WHAT_HDG on the headingWHAT_HDG on the heading. There are countless other variations WHAT_HDG could be any of the followingTwo two zeroTwo twentyTwo hundred twenty Parsing a complex string like the above is much harder to implement. It’s also our job to figure out that a user may potentially drop a “the” or “at” word here and there, so that we don’t have to insist “did you speak the complete sentence as it is in the manual?” You don’t need to be self conscious about what to say at a specific time either. We have built safeguards, and made the co-pilot smart enough, not to perform the following by mistake. Raise the gear on groundExtend flaps on cruise.Switch IRS off after engines are runningShutdown engine without confirmation.Etc…Etc… For those who are quick to dismiss MCE because of the default voices (average quality), be aware that there are at least 60 other voices available from third party vendors that will work with it. We too, can get some people to record speech for simple things like “gear down”, “affirmative”. But this approach leads to a highly scripted scenario, where the same things are said and heard over and over. In addition, our co-pilot needs to spell names for any world airport (about 25000 of them). The latest update allows the user to create custom voice commands and decide what the co-pilot is going to do, in what order and pace. It’s like having custom scripts.You can even decide how the co-pilot should reply. This is something impossible to do with pre-recorded speech. Take the checklist feature…As a programmer, it’s much easier to select a particular checklist (that includes only the items you can handle), know the answers before hand, so that it appears smooth as silk.Much harder in fact to give the user the ability to create his own checklist, with items coming in no particular order, and trying to make sense of it at runtime. Unlike other apps, MCE runs the speech engine in its own process and not in the sim. That means, there is zero chance of spoiling a long flight as a result of a problem with a command or speech engine. Besides, FSX has enough memory limitations, and cannot afford having the speech engine eat-up part of the virtual address space. It’s also worth mentioning that MCE is the only voice control add-on that allows voice control on speed, heading, and altitude for PMDG 747 & MD11. Having said that, from experience, users hooked on Voice Control tend to get more than one product for the same job. Sorry for the verbose post. Geraldhttp://www.multicrewxp.com

I don't want to get into any sort of debate about the two voice versions, I guess it is just that I have in recent times become familiar with FS2 Crew - but I would be happy if one or both of your companies could give us an idea when the PMDG version will be on the market.